- Volume 18 Issue 8
An experiment was performed using 20 calves of about one-month old to investigate the effect of chelation therapy with calcium disodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate (
- Leeming, T. K. and W. E. Donaldson. 1984. Effect of dietary methionine and lysine on toxicity of ingested lead acetate in chick. J. Nutr. 114:2155-2159.
- Patra, R. C., D. Swarup and S. K. Dwivedi. 2000. Antioxidant defense and lipid peroxide level in liver and kidneys of lead exposed rats. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci 13:1433-1439.
- Patra, R. C., D. Swarup, S. K. Dwivedi and A. Sahoo. 2001. Trace minerals in blood of young calves during exposure to lead. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 71:507-510.
- Sedlak, J. and R. H. Lindsay. 1968. Estimation of total, protein bound and non protein bound sulfahydryl groups in tissues with Ellman’s reagent. Anal. Biochem. 25:192-205.
- Tappel, A. L. 1980. Vit E and selenium production from in vitro lipid peroxidation. Annals New York Acad. Sci. 355:18-31. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.1980.tb21324.x
- Tietz, N. W. 1987. Fundamental of Clinical Chemistry. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia. p. 683.
- Piomelli, S., J. F. Rosen, J. J. Chisolm and J. W. Graef. 1984. Management of childhood lead poisoning. J. Pediatr. 105:523-528.
- Jones, D. P., V. E. Kagan, S. D. Aust, D. J. Reed and S. T. Omaye. 1995. Impact of nutrients on cellular lipid peroxidation and antioxidant defense system. Fundam. Appl. Toxicol. 26:1-7.
- Mateo, R. and D. J. Hoffman. 2001. Difference in oxidative stress between young Canada geese and mallards exposed to lead contaminated sediments. J. Toxicol. Environ. Heal. 64:531-545.
- Vodichenska, T. S. 1992. The effect of chronic combined exposure to nickel and lead on the enzymatic indices in body uptake with the drinking water. Problknig 17:48-56.
- Klaassen, C. D. 1985. Heavy metals and heavy metal antagonist. J. Am. Vet. Med. Assoc. 162:781-786.
- Lowry, O. H., N. J. Rosenbrough, A. L. Farr and R. J. Randall. 1952. Protein measurement with Folin Phenol reagent. J. Biol. Chem. 193:265-275.
- Snedecor, G. W. and W. G. Cochran. 1967. Statistical Methods 6th Edition, Oxford and IBH. New Delhi. pp. 258-268.
- Doyle, J. J. and R. L. Younger. 1984. Influence of ingested lead on distribution of lead, iron, zinc, copper and manganese in bovine tissue. Vet. Human Toxicol. 26:201-204.
- Kolmer, J. A., E. H. Spaudlding and H. W. Robinson. 1951. Approved laboratory techniques. Appletion Century Crafts. New York, 1090-1091.
- Van Kampen, E. J. and W. G. Ziglstra. 1961. Calorimetric determination of hemoglobin. Clin. Chem. Acta. 6:5388.
- Liesegang, A., J. L. Riond and M. Wanner. 1999. Unexpected outcome after two consecutive infusion of disodium EDTA in dairy cows. J. Vet. Med. 46:149-154.
- Randhawa, S. S., G. Singh, R. S. Brar, D. C. Nauriyal, Gurdeep and F. Trenti. 1994. Comparative evaluation of therapeutic trial in experimentally induced lead toxicosis in crossbred calves. Proceedings 18th World Buiatrics Congress, Bologna, Italy 2:1377-1380.
- Chen, L., X. Q. Yang, B. H. Jiao and L. J. Zhao. 2002. Tea catechins protect against lead-induced cytotoxicity, lipid peroxidation and membrane fluidity in HepG2 cells. Toxicol. Sci. 69:149-157.
- Ibim, S. E. M., J. Trotman, P. I. Musey and W. E. P. Semafuko. 1992. Depletion of essential elements by calcium disodium EDTA treatment in the dog. Toxicol. 73:229-237.
- Netelson, S. 1961. Microtechniques for Clinical Chemistry. Ed. Thomas C. C., Springfield, Illionois, p. 434.
- Tandon, S. K., S. Singh and S. J. S. Flora. 1994. Influence of methionine and zinc supplementation during chelation of lead in rats. J. Trace Elem. Electrolytes Health Disease 8:75-77.
- Radostits, O. M., C. C. Gay, D. C. Blood and K. W. Hinchcliff. 2000. Veterinary Medicine 9th edn. W.B. Saunders Company Ltd., London, pp. 1477-1566.
- Oser, B. L. 1965. Hawk’s Physiological Chemistry. 14th Edition, New Delhi, Mc Graw Hill.
- Ercal, N., P. Treratphan, T. C. Hammond, R. H. Mathews, N. H. Grannemann and D. R. Spitz. 1996. In vivo indices of oxidative stress in lead-exposed C57BL/6 mice are reduced by treatment with meso-2, 3-dimercapto succinic acid or N-acetyl cysteine. Free Rad. Biol. Med. 21:157-161.
- Swartout, M. S. and D. F. Gerken. 1987. Lead induced toxicosis in two domestic rabbits. J. Am. Vet. Med. Assoc. 191:717-719.
- Sharma, M. C., S. Raju, C. Joshi, H. Kaur and V. P. Varshney. 2003. Studies on serum micro-mineral, hormone and vitamin profile and its effct on production and therapeutic management of buffaloes in Haryana State of India. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16:541-548.
Kahlon, R. S., Rajiv Singh and R. Singh. 2003. Status of antioxidant enzymes in normal cycling and
$\alpha$-tocopherol supplemented anestrous buffalo heifers (Bubalus bubalis). Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16:217-221.
- Olkowski, A. A., S. R. Gooneratne and B. A. Christensen. 1991. The effect of thiamine and EDTA on biliary and urinary lead excretion in sheep. Toxicol. Letters 59:153-159.
- Coppock, R. W., W. C. Wagner, J. D. Reynolds, R. S. Vogel, S. V. Gelberg and L. Z. Florence. 1991. Evaluation of edetate and thiamine for treatment of experimentally induced environmental lead poisoning in cattle. Am. J. Vet. Res. 52:1860-1865.