- Volume 14 Issue 1
Physical and Microbiological Approach in Proving the Identity of Gamma-irradiated Different Teas
- Kausar, Tusneem (Department of Food Science and Technology, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kim, Byeong-Keun (Department of Food Irradiation, Korean Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Dong-Ho (Department of Food Irradiation, Korean Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kwon, Joong-Ho (Department of Food Science and Technology, Kyungpook National University)
- Published : 2005.02.28
Photostimulated luminescence (PSL), thermoluminescence (TL), electron spin resonance (ESR), and direct epiflourescent filter technique/aerobic plate count (DEFT/APC) were applied to detect dried green, black, and oolong teas irradiated between 0-10 kGy. Teas irradiated at 2.5 kGy and higher showed over 5000 photon counts/60 sec, while non-irradiated teas yielded 650-1000 photon counts/60 sec. TL glow curves for minerals separated from teas were detected at about
- Antimicro. Agents Chemiother v.39 Antimicrobial properties of tea (Camellia sinenses L.) Hamilton, M.J.M.T. https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.39.11.2375
- Eur. J. Cancer Prevent v.5 Tea and Cancer: a review of the epidemiologic evidence Blot, W.J.;Chow, W.H.;McLaughlin, K.
- Crit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. v.37 Inhibition of carcinogenesis by tea: the evidence from experimental studies Dreosti, I.E.;Wargovish, M.J.;Yang, C.S. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408399709527801
- Recent advances in thermoluruinescence and photostimulated luruinescene detection methods for irradiated Food;Detection Methods for Irradiated Foods Sanderson, D.C.W.;Carmichael, L.A.;Naylor, J.D.;McMurray, C.H.(ed.);Stewart, E.M.(ed.);Gray, R.(ed.);Pearce, J.(ed.)
- Luminescence detection of shellfish;Detection Methods for Irradiated Foods Sanderson, D.C.W.;Carmichael, L.A.;Spencer, J.Q.;Naylor, J.D.;McMurray, C.H.(ed.);Stewart, E.M.(ed.);Gray, R.(ed.);Pearce, J.(ed.)
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.32 Photostimulated luruinescence？thermoluminescence application to detection of irradiated white ginseng powder Chung, H.W.;Delincee, H.;Kwon, J.R.
- Appl. Radiat. Isot. v.46 Detection of radiation treatment of spices and herbs of Asian origin using thermoluminescence of mineral contaminants Khan, H.M.;Delincee, H. https://doi.org/10.1016/0969-8043(94)00086-F
- Thermoluruinescence identification of irradiated foodstuffs: LARQUA research;Detection Methods for Irradiated Foods Lesgards, G.;Fakirian, A.;Raffi, J.;McMurray, C.H.(ed.);Stewart, E.M.(ed.);Gray, R.(ed.);Pearce, J.(ed.)
- Radiat. Phys. Chem. v.44 Thermoluminescence of irradiated herbs and spices Mamoon, A.;Abdul-Fattah, A.A.;Abulfaraj, W.H. https://doi.org/10.1016/0969-806X(94)90132-5
- Z. Lebensm. Unters. Forsch. v.196 Import control of irradiated foods by the thermoluruinescence method Pinnioja, S.;Autio, T.;Niemi, E.;Pensala, O. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01192975
- Radiat. Phys. Chem. v.46 Application of thermoluminescence technique to identify radiation processed foods Kiyak, N. https://doi.org/10.1016/0969-806X(95)90021-D
- Radiat. Phys. Chem. v.43 Method for routine control of irradiated food: deterruination of the irradiation status of shellfish by thermoluminescence analysis Schreiber, G.A.;Hoffmann, A.;Helle, N.;Bogle, K.W. https://doi.org/10.1016/0969-806X(94)90164-3
- Radiat. Phys. Chem. v.42 Suitability of the thermoluminescence method for detection of irradiated food Pinnioja, S. https://doi.org/10.1016/0969-806X(93)90274-X
- Foodstuffs-Detection of irradiated food from which silicate minerals can be isolated, method by thermoluruinescence EN 1788
- Radiat. Phys. Chem. v.63 Analytical methods to identify irradiated food-a review Delincee, H. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-806X(01)00539-4
- Z. Lebensm. Unters. Forsch v.195 Elektronen-spinresonanz-spektroskopie an Gewlirzproben. Nachweis winer Behandlung mit ionisierenden Straheln Helle, N.;Linke, B.;Bogle, K.W.;Schreiber, G.A. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01201772
- Detection methods for irradiated foods;Food Irradiation: Principles and applications Stewart, E.M.;Molins, R.A.(ed.)
- J. AOAC Int. v.75 Quantitation of microorganisms on raw minced meat using the direct epiflourescenct filter technique: NMKL Collaborative Study Boisen, F.;Skovgaard, N.;Ewalds, S.;Olsson, G.;Wirtane, G.
- A microbiological method (DEFT/ APe) for the identification of irradiation of spices and seafood;Recent advances on detection of irradiated food. BCR Information, (Report EUR/14315/en) Wirtanen, G.;Sjoberg, A.M.;Leonardi, M.(ed.);Raffi, J.J.(ed.);Belliardo, J.J.(ed.)
- Foodstuffs-Detection of irradiated food using photostimulated luruinescence prEN 13751
- Foodstuffs-Detection of irradiated food containing cellulose, method by ESR spectroscopy EN 1787
- An international collaborative blind trial of photo stimulated luminescence detection of irradiated herbs, spices and seasonings. Final Report, MAFFlB073 Sanderson, D.C.W.;Carmichael, L.A.;Fisk, S.
- Appl. Radiat. Isot. v.40 EPR detection of free radical in coffee and gamma-ray irradiated foodstuffs Gorden, T.T.;John, R.P.;Don, R.H.;Charles, R.H.;Graham, L.W. https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-2889(89)90068-3
- Food Sci. Biotechnol. v.10 Identification of gamma-irradiated teas by ESR spectroscopy Nam, H.S.;Suh, C.S.;Yang, J.S.
- Radiat. Phys. Chem. v.15 Identification of irradiated Turkish foodstuffs combining various physical detection methods Bayram, G.;Delincee, H.
- Trends Food Sci. Technol. v.9 Detection of food treated with ionizing radiation Delincee, H. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-2244(98)00002-8
- Food Sci. Biotechnol. v.11 Microbial identification of beans exposed to gamma irradiation (DEFT/APC method) Oh, K.N.;Lee, S.Y.;Yang, J.S. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2002.11.3.257
- Korean Food Sci. Technol. v.34 Detection of gamma-irradiated grains by DEFT/APC method Oh, K.N.;Lee, S.Y.;Yang, J.S.