- Volume 39 Issue 4
Recently, the speed of changes surrounding university libraries requires a hybrid library environment that supports integrated services, combining a virtual space with physical space of traditional libraries. Through changes, university libraries have faced the need to review their missions and visions, laying stress on the core values of university libraries. This study analyzed the central keywords in the contents of mission and vision statements of university libraries in America, England, Canada, and Australia. The research was acquired from mission and vision statements containing core values of developed university libraries. Core values are present in each area such as correction and information resources, services, place, people, environment and infrastructure, community, and parent-university relations. Ultimately, this study tried to provide the directions and the basic materials for the establishment of missions and visions for university libraries in Korea.
ISUL. 2005. Iowa State University Library : the pursuit of a new strategic vision 2005-2010.[online][cited2005.10.23]
- Llewellyn, S., and Tappin E. 2003. Strategy in the public sector : management in the wilderness. Journal of Management Studies, 40: 955-982 https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-6486.00366
- McGregor, E. B. 2000. Making sense of change. Washington : Georgetown Univ.
MUL. 2005. Monash University Library Strategic Plan 2005-2007. [online] [cited 2005. 10. 23].
- Savenije, Bas. 2005. 'Changes for librarians.' Library Connect. 3(2): 2-3
VUL. 2004. Victoria University Library Strategic Plan 2002-2004. [online] [cited 2005. 10. 25].
YUL. 2005. Library Strategic Planning. [online] [cited 2005. 10. 23].
- Lin, C. 2001. Changes in stated job requirements of director positions of academic libraries in the U. S. Journal of Information. Communication and Library Science, 8(1): 9-25
- Weinberg, Mark L. et al. 2005. 'How can academic librarians create value?.' Advances in Library and Organization, 22(2): 297-314 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0732-0671(05)22007-2
- Stoffle, C. J., Allen, B., Morden, D., and Moloney, K. 2003. 'Continuing to build the future: Academic libraries and their challenges.' Libraries and the Academy, 3: 363-380 https://doi.org/10.1353/pla.2003.0068
CUL. 2005. Cambridge University Library Strategic Plan 2005-2010. [online] [cited 2005. 10. 25].
- Carson, Kerry David, Carson, Paula Phillips, and Phillips, Joyce Schouest. 1997. The ABCs of collaborative change : the manager's guide to library renewal. Chicago : American Library Association.
- 곽동철. 2003. 도서관의 사명 및 이상 수립에 관한 고찰. '한국문헌정보학회', 37(2): 269- 289
UML. 2005. University of Maryland Libraries Strategic Plan 2005-2007.[online] [cited 2005. 10. 20].
- Patkus, R., and Rapple, B. A. 2000. 'Changing the culture of libraries : the role of core values.' Library Administration and Management, 14: 197-204
- Riggs, Donald E. 1984. Strategic planning for library managers. Phoenix:Oryx Press
- Doig, J. W., and Hargrove, E. C. 1990. Leadership and innovation. altimore : Johns Hopkins Univ. Press.
OULS. 2005. Oxford University Library Services Vision for 2010. [online] [cited 2005. 10. 20].
- McElrath, E. 2002. 'Challenges that academic library directors are experiencing as perceived by team and their supervisors.' College & Research Libraries, 63: 304-321 https://doi.org/10.5860/crl.63.4.304
USL. 2005. University of Sydney Library Strategic Goals 2005-2010. [online] [cited 2005. 10. 20].
MUL. 2005. Macquarie University Library Strategic Plan 2005-2006. [online] [cited 2005. 10. 23].
- Bryson, Jo. 1997. Effective library and information centre management. 2nd ed. Brookfield : Gower
- Collins, J. C., and Porras, J. I. 1996. Building your company's vision. Harvard Business Review. 74(5): 65-77
- 한국도서관협회. 2005. '한국도서관연감'. 서울 : 한국도서관협회
Bordie, Maxine. 2005. Macquarie University Library Strategic Plan 2005-2006. Australia : MUL. [online] [cited 2005. 10. 25].
Ohio Library and Information Network. 2004. Ohio Library and Information Network. [online] [cited 2005. 10. 25].
USL. 2004. University of Sussex Library Strategic Plan, 2004-2007. [online] [cited 2005. 10. 25].