- Volume 15 Issue 12 Serial No. 105
This Paper addresses what amount of whole-body vibration is exposed to Korean pilots of UH60 helicopters during their mission flight. To measure the expose4 whole-body vibration, the 12-axis whole-body vibration measurement system was used. It enables the direct measurement of whole-body vibration exposed from the body contact area consisting of the feet, hip and back. The measured 12-axis vibration signals were used to evaluate the vibration comfort level experienced by the pilots of UH60 helicopters. The evaluated vibration comfort level is found to be closeto 0.74-0.79m/s, which is equivalent to the semantic scale of 'fairly uncomfortable'. To assess the health effects of whole-body vibration exposed to Korean pilots of UH60 helicopters during their mission flight, the rms-based and VDV(vibration dose value)-based evaluation schemes, recommended by ISO 2631-1:1977, were exploited in this work. The evaluated results indicate that Korean pilots cannot avoid the fatigue-decreased proficiency limit after two-hour continuous flight. The whole-body vibration level exposed from the UH60 helicopters during continuous 10-hours mission flight is found to reach to the vibration exposure limit.
Helicopter Vibration;Wholebody Vibration;Vibration Comfort;Fatigue-decreased Proficiency Limit;Vibration Exposure Limit
- Griffin, M. J., 1989, Handbook of Humanvi-bration. Academic Press, London
- 송근식, 1998. UH-1H 조종사의 전신진동 노출에 따른 임무별 시행시간 한계에 관한 연구, 공군사관학교 항공우주공학과 군사대학원 석사논문
- Cheung, W. S. et al. 1999, 'Assessment of the Whole-body Vibration Exposed to Helicopter Pilots and Analysis of its Effects on Their Flight Duration,' Inter-noise 1999. Fort Lauderdale: USA, 907-910
- 김진기, 홍동표, 최병재, 정완섭, 2001, '인체진동을 고려한 국내의 대중교통 수단의 진동환경 평가에 관한 연구,' 한국소음진동공학회논문집, 제11권, 제7호, pp. 267-274