- Volume 11 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of an ActiveX based Component For Efficient Generation of OPC Client
효율적인 OPC Client 생성을 위한 ActiveX 기반 컴포넌트의 설계 및 구현
- Published : 2005.11.01
OPC has made it to improve the development of control and monitoring software. But it is difficult to understand COM/DCOM model that is a base technology of OPC and complex communication setting between OPC Server and OPC Client. Therefore, in this paper, we design and implement ActiveX based components that are enable to solve these problems. Implemented components provide a method for simple communication between OPC Sewer and OPC Client and a GUI environment for easy and fast setting of communication information. Also, they provide the architecture fur efficient management of OPC Server's data. By using implemented component, easy development and efficient maintenance of OPC Client can be supported.
- OPC Foundation, OLE for Process Congrol Standard, 'http://www.opcfoundation.org'
- Component Object Model Specification, 'http://www.microsoft.com/'
- ActiveX controls, 'http://msdn.microsoft.com/'
- M. Riedl and M. Thron and T. Hadlich, 'Drive serversignificantly reduce in engineering expense,' Industrial Electronics Society. 2001. IECON '01. The 27th Annual Conference of the IEEE, Volume: 1, 29 Nov.-2 Dec. 2001 Pages: 285-288 vol. 1
- M. Janke, 'OPC-plug and play integration to legacy systems,' Pulp and Paper Industry Technical Conference, 2000. Conference Record of2000 Annual, 19-23 June 2000 Pages: 68-72 https://doi.org/10.1109/PAPCON.2000.854193
- V. Kapsalis and K. Charatsis and M. Georgoudakis and G. Papadopoulos, 'Architecture for Web-based services integration,' Industrial Electronics Society, 2003. IECON '03. The 29th Annual Conference of the IEEE, Volume: 1, 2-6 Nov. 2003 Pages: 866-871 vol. 1 https://doi.org/10.1109/IECON.2003.1280096
- V. Kapsalis and K. Charatsis and M. Georgoudakis and G. Papadopoulos, 'OPC-SMS: a wireless gateway to OPC-based data sources,' Computer Standards & Interfaces, Elsevier Science BV, vol. 24/5,pp. 437-451, November 2002 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0920-5489(02)00067-3
- Merz Software, Easy OPC-DA, 'http://www.merz-sw.com/opc/cop3_easyopc.php3'
- Technosoftware AG, TsOPC Framework, 'http://www.tsopc.com/modules/solutions/index.html'
- Eldridge Engineering Inc, OPC for Visual Basic, 'http://www.opcsystems.com/OPCforVB.htm'
- Softing, OPC Toolbox ActiveX, http://softing.com/en/communications/products/opc/tools/activex.htm