- Volume 11 Issue 11
An advanced method of Relaxed Static Stability (RSS) is utilized for improving the aerodynamic performance of modem version supersonic jet fighter aircraft. The flight control system utilizes RSS criteria in both longitudinal and lateral-directional axes to achieve performance enhancements and improve stability. The T-50 advanced trainer employs the RSS concept in order to improve the aerodynamic performance and the flight control law in order to guarantee aircraft stability, The T-50 longitudinal control laws employ the dynamic inversion and proportional-plus-integral control method. This paper details the design process of developing longitudinal control laws for the RSS aircraft, utilizing the requirement of MIL-F-8785C. In addition, This paper addresses the analysis of aircraft characteristics such as damping, natural frequency, gain and phase margin about state variables for longitudinal inner loop feedback design.
- T. P. Neal, and R. E. Smith, 'An inflight investigation to develop system design criteria for fighter airplanes,' Air Force Flight Dynamics laboratory, WPAFB, Ohio, AFFDL TR-70-74, 1970
- G. E. Cooper, and R. P. Harper, 'The use of pilot rating in the evaluation of aircraft handling qualities,' NASA IN-D 5153, 1969
- M. R. Anderson, and D. T. Schmidt, 'Closed-loop pilot vehicle analysis of the approach and landing task,' Journal of Guidance and Control, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 187-194, 1987 https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20201
- D. T. McRuer, and D. T. Schmidt, 'Pilot-vehicle analysis of multi-axis tasks,' Journal of Guidance and Control, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 348-355, 1990 https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20556
- John Hodgkinson, 'Aircraft handling qualities,' Air Force Institute of Technology Wight-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, vol. 1, pp. 21-86, 1999
- 김종섭, 배명환, 황병문, '비대칭 무장형상의 조종성개선에 관한 연구,' 한국항공우주학회지, 제33권 2호, pp. 106-112, 2005 https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2005.33.2.106
- 김종섭, 황병문, 고기옥, 배명환, 'T-50 정밀추적 성능향상을 위한 세로축 제어법칙에 관한 연구,' 한국항공우주학회지, 게재예정.
- R. D. Toles, 'Flying qualities design guide for the T-50 aircraft revision 2,' Aeronautics Company-Fort Worth, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 27-80, 2000