- Volume 11 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Optimal Design Of Batch-Storage Network with Financial Transactions and Cash Flows
현금흐름을 포함하는 회분식 공정-저장조 망구조의 최적설계
- Published : 2005.11.01
This paper presents an integrated analysis of production and financing decisions. We assume that a cash storage unit is installed to manage the cash flows related with production activities such as raw material procurement, process operating setup, Inventory holding cost and finished product sales. Temporarily financial investments are allowed for more profit. The production plant is modeled by the Batch-Storage Network with Recycle Streams in Yi and Reklaitis (2003). The objective function of the optimization is minimizing the opportunity costs of annualized capital investment and cash/material inventory while maximizing stockholder's benefit. No depletion of all the material and cash storage units is major constraints of the optimization. A novel production and inventory analysis formulation, the PSW(Periodic Square Wave) model, provides useful expressions for the upper/lower bounds and average level of the cash and material inventory holdups. The expressions for the Kuhn-Tucker conditions of the optimization problem can be reduced to two subproblems and analytical lot sizing equations under a mild assumption about the cash flow pattern of stockholder's dividend. The first subproblem is a separable concave minimization network flow problem whose solution yields the average material flow rates through the networks. The second subproblem determines the decisions about financial Investment. Finally, production and financial transaction lot sizes and startup times can be determined by analytical expressions as far as the average flow rates are calculated. The optimal production lot and storage sizes considering financial factors are smaller than those without such consideration. An illustrative example is presented to demonstrate the results obtainable using this approach.
- 이경범, 이의수 '비순차 회분식 공정-저장조 망구조 최적설계,' 제어.자동화.시스템 공학회 논문지, 제9권, 제5호, pp.407-412,5,2002
- 이경범, '원료 및 제품 저장조를 포함하는 병렬 비연속 공정의 최적설계,' 제어.자동화.시스템 공학회 논문지, 제3권, 제5호,pp.532-541,10,1997
- O. Kirca and M. Koksalan, An Integrated Production and Financial Planning Model and an Application, IIE Trans., vol. 28, p. 677, 1996 https://doi.org/10.1080/15458830.1996.11770712
- S. Majumdar and D. Chattopadhyay, A Model for Integrated Analysis of Generation Capacity Expansion and Financial Planning, IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol. 14, p. 466, 1999 https://doi.org/10.1109/59.761867
- M. Badell and L. Puigjaner, Advanced Enterprise Resource Management Systems for the Batch Industry, Computers and Chemical Engineering, vol. 25, p. 517, 2001 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0098-1354(01)00632-9
- 이경범, '준비비와 재고비를 고려한 직렬 비연속 공정과 중간 저장조의 최적설계,' 제어.자동화.시스템 공학회 논문지, 제3권, 제4호,pp.398-405, 8, 1997
- 이경범, 이의수 '회분식 공정-저장조 그물망 구조의 최적설계,' 제어 자동화 시스템 공학회 논문지, 제4권, 제6호,pp.802-810,12,1998.
- T. S. Maness and J. T. Zietlow, Short-Term Financial management, The Dryden Press, p. 498, 1998
- P. N. Tsiakis, N. Shah and C. C. Pantelides, Design of Multi-echelon Supply Chain Networks under Demand
- Optimal Design of Process-Inventory Network Considering Exchange Rates and Taxes in Multinational Corporations vol.17, pp.9, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.9.932