- Volume 39 Issue 3
The objective of this study is to provide a basis for information literacy instruction in college education. For this purpose, assignments and surveys were distributed to the students in a 3 credit course that deals with the characteristics of information society and information literacy competency. Assignments and surveys were about identification of the information needed and access to the needed information, since that is the first step for the information seeking process. The results were analysed by qualitative methods.
Information Literacy Instruction;Information Literacy Competency;College Students
- 강혜영. 2002. '정보이용능력 교육 프로그램의 비교 연구.' '한국문헌정보학회지', 36(1): 298-320
- Hinchliffe, L. J., & B. S. Woodard. 2001. 'Instruction.' In: R. E. Bopp and L. C. Smith (Eds.), Reference and Infor- mation services: An introduction. 3rd ed., 177-209. Englewood, CO: Libraries Unlimited
- Wilson, L. A. 2001. 'Information literacy: Fluency across and beyond the uni- versity.' In: B. I. Dewey (Ed.), Lib- rary User Education: Powerful Learning, Powerful Partnerships. Lanham, MA: Scarecrow Press
Shapiro, Jeremy J. and Shelly K. Hughes. 1996. 'Information Literacy as a Li- beral Art.' Educom Review, 31(2) [cited 2005.8.12]
- Orr, Debbie, Margaret Appleton, and Margie Wallin. 2001. “Information Literacy and Flexible Delivery: Creating a Conceptual Framework and Model." Journal of Academic Librarianship, 27(6): 457-463 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0099-1333(01)00263-4
- Frantz, P. 2002. 'A Scenario-based Approach to Credit Course Instruction.' Reference Services Review, 30(1): 37-42 https://doi.org/10.1108/00907320210416528
- 박명규. 2004. '학교도서관 중심의 정보교과 교육과정 모형'. 박사학위논문, 연세대학교 대학원
- Manuel, Kate. 2002. ‘Teaching Information Literacy to Generation Y.’ Journal of Library Administration, 26(Spring/ Summer): 195-217
- Dewald, N. 1999. 'Transporting Good Lib- rary Instruction Ppractices into the Web Environment: An Analysis of Online Tutorials.' Journal of Academic Librarianship, 25(1): 26-31 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0099-1333(99)80172-4
- Seamans, Nancy H. 2002. 'Student Per- ceptions of Information Literacy: Insights for Librarians.' Reference Services Review, 30: 112-123
American Library Association. 2000. Infor- mation Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education. [cited 2005.8.12].
- 진혜영, 황인영. 2003. '국내 대학의 정보이용능력 교양교육의 표준 지침 수용에 관한 연구.' '제10회 한국정보관리학회 학술대회 논문집', 10: 284-294
- Brown, Cecelia, Teri J. Murphy, and Mark, Nanny. 2003. 'Turning Techno-Savvy into Info-Savvy: Authentically Inte- grating Information Literacy into the College Curriculum.' Journal of Aca- demic Librarianship, 29(6): 386-398 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jal.2003.08.005
- Stoffle, C. J. 1998. 'Literacy 101 for the digital age.' American Libraries, 29 (11): 46-48
- 이창수, 김신영. 2003. '정보이용능력 교육 프로그램 개발을 위한 대학구성원간 협력방안 연구.' '한국정보관리학회', 20(1): 231-250
- Breivik, P. S. 1998. Student Learning in the Information Age. Phoenix: Oryx Press.