- Volume 20 Issue 3
The red ginseng powder was added to Yackwa dough as ratio to 0%, 2%, 4%, 6% and 8%, respectively to know effect of red ginseng powder on Yackwa quality and preservation. The expansion, color, texture and preference characters were investigated at 0,2 and 4 weeks, respectively. The peroxide and acid value were also measured. The 4% addition increased greatly expansion rate. In color test, L value lowed at addition of red ginseng powder and at long storage period. the b value lowed as the addition was increased, but a value was not affected by the addition of red ginseng powder. In mechanical texture test, addition of red ginseng powder had a tendency to show low cohessivness, springness, gumminess while hardness increased. The springness, brittleness and cohessivness decreased while hardness increased at long storage period. In sensory test, surface color, bitterness and red ginseng flavor were recognized strong by addition of red ginseng powder but oily taste, crispness, softness and overall preference were weak. The surface color and red ginseng flavor were strong at long storage period but sweetness, softness and overall preference decreased, respectively. The peroxide value increased at long storage period and decreased after 6 week. The 2% and 4% addition showed lower peroxide value compared to other treatment. The acid value increased at early storage period, but did not change after 4 weeks.
Yackwa;red ginseng powder;color;texture;sensory evaluation;peroxide value;acid value
- Korean J. Soc. Food Sci. v.14 no.3 A study on the recipe for Yackwa by the mixing - ratio flour Hong, J.S.
- Ddeok, Kwajung and Eumchung;Dictionary of korean food Kang, I.H.;Cho, H.J.;Lee, C.J.;Lee, F.J.;Cho, S.H.;Kim, H.Y.;Kim, J.T. III.
- Dictionary of Korean Food(1):Introduction of Korean Food Yun, S.S.;Lee, G.Y.;Yoo, T.J.;An, M.S.;Jo, F.J.;Lee, H.J.;Kwon, T.W.
- Study on Korean Food History Yun, S.S.
- Ddeok and Kwaul Kang, I.H.
- Development and distribution of Korean traditional foods Korea Foods Industry Association
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.7 no.3 A study on the syrup using for Yackwa Chun, H.J.;Lee, H.T.
- Korean J. Soc. Food Cookery Sci. v.18 no.1 Quality characteristics of Yackwa prepared by different amounts of egg white Yun, S.J.
- Korean J. Soc. Food Cookery Sci. v.17 no.4 Effects of dipping syrups prepared with oligosaccharides on the physical and sensory characteristics of Yackwa Lee, K.A.;Lee, Y.J.;Choi, Y.J.
- Korean J. Soc. Food Sci. v.7 no.2 A study on quality of rice-Yackwa Kim, J.H.;Lee, K.H.;Lee, Y.S.
- Korean J. Soc. Food Sci. v.13 no.1 Effect of preparing conditions on the absorbed oil content of Yackwa Yoo, M.Y.;Oh, M.S.
- Korean J. Soc. Food Cookery Sci. v.8 no.3 Studies on the experimental cookery and preservation of the traditional Korean fried cookie, Yackwa Park, K.M.;Lee, J.H.;Yum, C.A.
- Korean J. Soc. Food Cookery Sci. v.17 no.6 Effect of various lipids in dough on Yackwa quality Kim, S.W.;Kim, M.A.
- Korean J. Soc. Food Cookery Sci. v.18 no.2 Effect of alcoholic drinks in dough on the structure and quality of Yackwa Kim, S.W.;Kim, M.A.
- Korean J. Dietary Culture v.7 no.30 Effect of rice flour on the quality and acceptability of Yackwa during storage Lee, H.S.;Park, M.W.;Jang, M.S.
- Korean J. Food Sci. v.15 no.3 Quality characteristics of Seolgiddeok added with green tea powder Hong, H.J.;Choi, J.H.;Yang, J.A.;Kim, G.Y.;Rhee, S.J.
- Korean J. Soc. Food Cookery Sci. v.17 no.3 Effect of addition of green tea powder and angelica keiskei powder on the quality characteristics of Yackwa Kim, H.S.;Kim, S.N.
- official method Cd 8-53 AOCS
- official method Te 1a-64 AOCS
- Applied linear statistical models Neter, J.;Wasserman, W.
- Food rheology Song, J.C.;Park, H.J.
- J. Korean Home Eco. Assc. v.34 no.2 Sensory and mechanical characteristics of heunmi-nokcha-injulmi supplemented by green tea Powder Kwon, M.Y.;Lee, Y.K.;Lee, H.G.
- Quality characteristics of Sulgiduk prepared with different addition ratio of green tea powder as a function of different storage and reheating method Kim, M.N.
- Legislation of food hygiene Oh, S.H.;Choi, K.H.
- Food Code Korea Food & Drug Administration
- Korean J. Soc. Food Cookery Sci. v.13 no.5 Studies on the lipid rancidity and rheology of Yackwa during storage K.M.
- Korean J. Dietary Culture v.9 no.4 Stability and flavor of Yackwa fried in soybean, cottonseed and ricebran oils Han, M.J.;Rhee, Y.K.;Bae, E.A.
- Food Industry and Nutrition v.8 no.2 Present and Its Prospect of Red Ginseng Efficacy Research Kwak, Y.S.;Park, J.D.;Yang, J.W.
- Food Industry and Nutrition v.8 no.2 Present Studus of Red Ginseng Products and Its Manufacturing Process Rua, G.H.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.8 no.2 Effect of Korean Red Ginseng Component on Lipolytic Action of Toxohormone-L from Cancerous Ascites Fluid Lee, S.D.;Hwang, W.K.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.29 no.2 Effect of Crude Saponin Fraction from Korean Red Ginseng on Physiological Events of Ovariectomized Rat Kwak, Y.S.;Wee, J.J.;Hwang, S.Y.;Kyung, J.S.;Kim, S.K.