- Volume 20 Issue 3
This study was investigated to examine the physicochemical properties of functional rice and the adaptable food processing of the added functional rice. The functional rice are Sanghwang rice, Agaricus rice(fermented with basidiomycota), Tochukaso rice, fermented with Monascus rubber rice. Fermented with Monascus rubber rice contains more crude protein, curde lipid, moisture, and total dietary fiber. The cross sectional shapes of the functional rice show polygon shapes, the starch granules of those rice are transformed. In sensory evaluation, fermented with Monascus rubber rice was showed the lowest values for glossness, color, flavor, sweetness, harshness, overall acceptability. The textural properties for those ratios were also affected by the period of storage. After 48 hours, the lowest hardness level was 30% Tochukaso rice addition, and the highest hardness level was 10% Sangwhang rice addition case. In 30% Sangwhang rice, and 30% tochukaso rice case gumminess values were decreased after 48 hours. But in 30% Sangwhang rice, and 30% Tochukaso rice case, the chewiness values decreased. This result suggest that the most suitable addition ratio for the rice cooking condition is 10% functional rice addition.
functional rice;sensory evaluation
- Symposium effects national for rice using Variety fast food using rice Go, B.K.
- symposium effects national for rice using Korean Research on the actual condition and degree on the rice using Kim, Y.Y.
- Variation between physicochemical characteristics of glutinous rice starches and quality properties of yukwa, injulmi in fourteen glutinous rice varieties Sung, Y.M.
- Korean J Food Sci Technol v.34 Texture of cooked milled added waxy black rice and glutinous rice Oh, G.S.;NA, H.S.;Lee, Y.S.;Kim, K.;Kim, S.K.
- Korean J Food Sci Technol v.29 Occurance and expression of off-odor in cooked rice during srage under low temperature warming condition of electric rice cooker Park, S.K.;Ko, Y.D.;Cho, Y.S.;Shon, M.E.;Shon, K.I.
- Food Technol. no.June Relaion of starch composition protein content and gelatinization temperature to cooking and eating qualities of millde rice Juliano, B.O.;Onate, L.U.;Mundo, A.M.
- Cooking acceptance and texture studies on the rice varieties and cooking methods Yang, S.H.
- Korean J Food Sci Technol v.18 Sensory characteristics of rice cooked with electric cooker and pressure cooker Kim, H.Y.;Kim, K.O.
- J Agri Food Chem. v.20 Physicochemical properties of rice grain and starch from lines differing in amulose content and gelatinization temperature N;Juliano, B.O.
- J Food Sci. v.8 Amylose content and puffed volumn of parboiled rice Antonio, A.A.;Juliano, B.O.
- J Jpn Soc Sci. v.29 Properties of rice starch in relation to varietial differences in processing characteristics of rice grain Juliano, B.O.
- Korean J Food Sci Technol v.20 Differential scanning calorimetry of rice starch Hun, C.K.;Park, K.H.;Kim, Y.B.;Yoon, I.H.
- Approved method of the AACC. method 10 - 10A American Association of Cereal Chemists