- Volume 20 Issue 2
A Survey on the Seasonal Menu and Consumer Acceptance Test of Free Meals for the Elderly Facility in Sungnam Region
성남 고령자 무료급식소의 계절별 식단 및 기호도 조사
- Kim, Hye-Young L (Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Yongin University) ;
- Kang, Nam-E (Department of Food and Nutrition, Seoul Health College)
- Published : 2005.04.30
The purpose of this study was to nut a survey on the seasonal menu and consumer's acceptance test of free meals for the elderly facility in Sungnam Region. The elderly meals of the free lunch meal service were mainly composed of staple food, hot soup, and three kinds of side dishes. Questionare for accentance test was developed based on the seasonal menu including 13 kinds of cooked rices, 43 kinds of soups and 94 kinds of side dishes. The test was run for 104 elderly living and receving the service in the area. Average age of the subjects was 75.9 and 43% was male 57% was female. The 81% and 88% of the subject answered 'yes' on the intake of breakfast and dinner respectively representing high percentages of regular meal habits of the elderly. The cooked rice with black beans had significantly the highest acceptance score among the rice group and soups prepared with chunggukjang and cabbage had higher accentance scores(P<0.05). In the side dish groups, broiled eed, croakers, and various kinds of namuls had relatively higher scores than the others with significant difference at P<0.05.
- Nutition in Life cyle Mo, S.M.;Choi, H.M.;Ku, J.O.;Lee, J.W.
- Nutrition and Health Moon, S.J.
- Korean J Dietary Culture v.16 no.2 Development of elderly diet using inhibitory plant against aging process Lee, J.M.;Park, Y.J.;Oh, J.E.
- J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr v.28 no.4 Effect of family type on the nutrient intake and nutritional status in elderly women Lee, H.S.;Chang, M.J.
- J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr v.25 no.6 A study on meal management and nutrient intake of the elderly Hong, S.M.;Choi, S.Y.
- Korean J Dietary Culture v.17 no.1 Food preferences of the elderly living in Incheon area Choe, E.K.;Woo, K.J.;Chyun, J.H.
- Korean J Dietary Culture v.9 no.4 A survey on food culture of college student in Seoul area Lee, Y.S.;Lim, N.Y.;Park, K.H.
- Korean J Dietary Culture v.13 no.4 Dietary habit and perceived stress of college students in Seoul area Han, M.J.;Cho, H.A.
- SAS User's Guide SAS lnstitute, Inc.
- Korean J Dietary Culture v.14 no.3 A study on the food habit and food preference of men in Kyung Nam area Cheong, H.S.