- Volume 20 Issue 2
Physicochemical Properties of Cooked Rice as Affected by Cooking Methods and Thawing Conditions
취반 및 해동방법에 따른 쌀밥의 이화학적 특성
- Ha, Joo-Young (Department of Food and Nutrition, Ewha Womans University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Mee (Department of Food and Nutrition, Ewha Womans University)
- Published : 2005.04.30
This study was conducted to investigate performance of methods for cooking and thawing frozen cooked rice to retard retro-gradation of cooked rice. For this research, That was executed rice's physicochemical and sensory characteristics test through the way of boiling rice or thawing, and found out best way for retro-gradation and taste. This study showed the rice cooked by pressure rice pot has less dehydration during freezing and thawing, and thawed rice by micro wave has less dehydration. Repetition of freezing and thawing resulted increasing of hardness and chewiness, and decreasing of adhesiveness and cohesiveness. The rice cooked by convotherm oven or pressure rice pot has less increased hardness while freezing and thawing. Adhesiveness was superior when rice was cooked by pressure rice pot. The rice thawed by microwave had more hardness than thawed in room temperature.
- J Cereal Chem. v.56 Physicochemical properties of rice in relation to rice bread Nishita, K.D.;Bean, M.M.
- J Cereal Chem. v.65 Varietals differences in quality characteristics of rice layer cakes and fermented cakes Perez, C.M.;Juliano, B.O.
- Korean J Food Sci Technology v.22 no.2 Effects of Sterilization Temperatures and Internal Air Volumes of a Pouch on the Quality of Retort Rice Koh, H.Y.;Park, M.H.
- Korean J Food Sci Technology v.21 no.2 Effects of Processing Methods on the Quality of the Dehydrated Instant Rice Lee, Y.C.;Lee, D.W.
- Korean J Hanguk Nonghwahak Hoechi v.36 no.1 Processing and quality stability of precooked frozen fish foods : (III) Processing of mackerel based burger Lee, E.H.;Kim, J.S.;Ahn, C.B.;Joo, D.S.;Lee, C.S.;Son, K.T.
- Korean J Hanguk Nonghwahak Hoechi v.36 no.1 Processing and quality stability of precooked frozen fish foods: (IV) Quality stability of mackerel based burger during frozen storage Lee, E.H.;Kim, J.S.;Ahn, C.B.;Joo, D.S.;Lee, C.S.;Son, K.T.
- Official methods of analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemist AOAC
- Cereal Science Today v.16 A simplified assay for milled rice amylose Juliano, B.O.
- Report of the National Food Res. Ins. v.34 Collaborative study on precisions of moisture determinations using an oven-drying method Koizumi, H.,;Yasui, A.;Tsutsumi, C.;Matsunaga, R.;Yoshikawa, S.
- J Food Technology v.32 Texture profile analysis Bourne, M.C.
- Relation between sensory quality and descriptive characteristics of coked rice Lee, S.Y.
- Korean J Home Economics Association v.37 no.2 Research: Eating Qualities of Frozen Cooked Rice on the Thawing Condition Oh, M.S.
- SAS/STAT User's Guide SAS
- Starch: Chemistry and Technology. Vol. 1 and 2 Whistler, R.L.;Paschall, Eugene F.
- Starch and Its Derivatives, 1(3) Radley, J.A.
- Korean J Food Sci Technology v.18 no.4 Sensory Characteristics of Rice Cooked with Pressure Cookers and Electric Cookers Kim, H.Y.;Kim, K.O.
- Korean J Soc. Food Sci. v.4 no.2 Originals: A study of Physico - Chemical Analysis and Sensory Evaluation for Cooked Rices Made by Several Cooking Methods (2) - Especially for warm and cool cooked Rices Chang, I.Y.;Hwang, I.K.