- Volume 19 Issue 2
Tripterygium regelii has been used as an oriental medicine, especially antiparasitic, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying agents in East asia. During our research to develop new antitumor agents from natural products, MeOH ext. and CH2Cl2 ext. of Tripterygium regelii showed the potent antitumor activity. In order to purify active compounds from Tripterygium regelii, activity-guided fractionation was carried out. Silica gel and RP-18 column chromatography for the active fraction led to the isolation of two compounds and their antitumor activities were studied. Those two compounds didn't show potent antitumor activity against human tumor cell lines. The structure of two compounds were determined by
- 이창복. 대한식물도감. 서울. 향문사. 521, 1989.
- R. Chen. Zhong Guo Shu Mu Fen Lei Xue, 692, 1957.
- 낙화생. 면역과 한방(안덕균 역). 서울. 열린 책들. 107-119, 1992,
- 新文豊出版社. 중약대사전. 타이완. 新文豊出版社. 5349, 1991.
- Moritoki , H., Hisayama, T., Kida, K., Kondoh, W., Inoue, S., Takaishi , Y. Inhibition by triptoquinone-A of LPS- and IL-l beta-primed induction of NO synthase in rat thoracic aorta. Life Sci. 59(3), 1996.
- Hayashi K, Hayashi T, Ujita K, Takaishi Y. Characterization of antiviral activity of a sesquiterpene, triptofordin C-2. J Antimicrob Chemother. 37(4):759-768, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1093/jac/37.4.759
- Ujita, K., Takaishi, Y., Tokuda, H., Nishino, H., Iwashima, A., Fujita, T. Inhibitory effects of triptogelin A-1 on 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate-induced skin tumor promotion, Cancer Lett. 68(2-3):129-133, 1993.
- Hori, H., Pang, G.M., Harimaya, K., Iitaka, Y., Inayama, S, Isolation and structure of regelin and regelinol, new antitumor ursene-type triterpenoids from Tripterygium regelii. Chem Pharm Bull. 35(5):2125-2128, 1987.
- Ngassapa, O., Soejarto D.D., Pezzuto, J.M., Farnsworth, N.R. Quinone-methide triterpenes and salaspermic acid from Kokoona ochracea. J Nat Prod. 57(1):1-8, 1994.
- Sassa, H., Kogure, K., Takaishi, Y., Terada, H. Structural basis of potent antiperoxidation activity of the triterpene celastrol in mitochondria: effect of negative membrane surface charge on lipid peroxidation. Free Radic Bioi Med. 17(3):201-207, 1994.
- Lai, J.S., Kuo, Y.H., Lee, S.M. Constituents of the Whole Herb of Clinoponium laxiflorum. J chin chem soci. 47(1):241-246, 2000.