- Volume 32 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Mechanical System Design and Development of the HAUSAT-1 Picosatellite
초소형위성 HAUSAT-1의 기계시스템 설계 및 개발
- Published : 2004.11.01
The satellite is exposed to the severe vibration environments such as random vibration environments such as random vibration, acceleration, shock, and acoustics during launch ascent and transportation. It is also faced with various space environments such as thermal vacuum, radiation and microgravity during the mission life. The satellite should be designed, manufactured, assembled and tested to be able to endure in these harsh environments. This paper addresses the results of the structural and thermal design and analyses for the HAUSAT-1 picosatellite which is scheduled to launch in the first quarter of 2005 by Russian launch vehicle "Dnepr". The qualification vibration and thermal vacuum tests have been conducted and passed at the satellite level to ensure that the HAUSAT-1 mechanical system was designed to be stable with enough margin.
Launch Environmental Test;Thermal Vacuum Test;Qualification/Flight Model;FEA;CubeSat
- Stanford Univ. and CalPoly, "Standard Vibration Test Operating Procedure" (SVTOP), 2002.
- "Genenral Environment Verification for STS & ELV, Payloads, Subsystems and Component", NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, 1996.
- Stanford Univ. and CalPoly, "CubeSat Design Specifications Document", Rev. VIII, 2003.
- 장영근, 이동호, "인공위성 시스템 설계공학" 1997, 경문사.
- Numerical Investigation of On-orbit Thermal Characteristics for Cube Satellite with Passive Attitude Stabilization Method vol.42, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2014.42.5.423
- Development of Cube Satellite's Communication System Using Commercial UHF Half-Duplex Antenna vol.42, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2014.42.6.522
- Structural Design of Cube Satellite by Using Heating Wire Cutting Type Separation Mechanism vol.41, pp.9, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2013.41.9.720
- Performance Verification of Separation Nut Type Non-explosive Separation Device for Cube Satellite Application vol.41, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2013.41.10.827