- Volume 46 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Fermentation Properties of Rice Added Yogurt Made with Various Lactic Acid Bacteria
유산균주의 종류에 따른 쌀 첨가 요구르트의 발효 특성
- Bae, H.C. (Division of Animal Science & Resources, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Paik, S.H. (Department of Food Service Industry, Cheonan Yonam College) ;
- Nam, M.S. (Division of Animal Science & Resources, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, Chungnam National University)
- Published : 2004.08.31
The objective of this experiment was to select the best strain of lactic acid bacteria for the manufacture of new type of yogurt with rice powders. Changes in pH, titratable acidity, viable cell counts, viscosity, organic acid contents, carbohydrates during fennentation were monitored and sensory evaluation were examined. The yogurt added with 4% rice or skim milk powders and L. salivarius ssp. salivarius culture did not reach pH 4.5, because the production of acids in this media for the culture was weak. The yogurt added with 4% rice or skim milk powder with L. casei, the pH was low and the titratable acidity was high, and therefore the quality of yogurt after 8 hours from fermentation was not high. The yogurt added with 4% rice or skim milk powders with a mixed culture of B. longum, L. acidophilus, Streptococcus salivarius ssp. thermophilus was considered best for achieving pH 4.5 and titratable acidity of 1.0 % from 8 to 14 hours. The yogurt with a mixed culture had more acetic acid. Galactose was accumulated when L. salivarius ssp. salivarius or the mixed culture were used for fermenting yogurt. In sensory evaluation, the yogurt with the mixed culture received high overall sensory score. From these results, a mixed culture of B. longum, L. acidophilus, Streptococcus salivarius ssp. thermophilus was identified as the best for the manufacture of yogurt added with rice powder.
- Collins, J. L., Ebah., C. B., Mount., J. R, B. Demott, B. J. and Draughon. F. A. 1991. Production and evaluation of milk sweet potato mixtures fermented with yogurt bacteria. J. Food Sci. 56:685-688.
- Jeon, F. M., Galitzer, S. J. and Hennessy, K. J. 1984. Rapid determination of lactose and its hydrolysates in whey and whey permeate by high performance liquid chromatography. J. Dairy Sci. 67:884-887. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(84)81382-X
- Saidi, B. and Warthesen, J. J. 1989. Analysis and stability of orotic acid in milk. J. dairy Sci. 72:2900-2905. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(89)79440-6
- Shin. D. H. 1989. A yogurt like product development from rice by lactic acid bacteria. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 21:686-690.
- Tamine, A. Y. and Robinson, R K. Yogurt: 1985. Science and Technology. Pergamon Press Ltd. England.
- Yu, T. J. and Lee. J. W. 1982. Studies on preparation of lactic acid fermentation beverage from a malt syrup. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 14:57-62.
- 김경희, 고영태. 1993. 우유와 곡류를 이용한 요구르트의 제조. 한국식품과학회지. 25:130-135.
- 김문, 안은숙, 신동화. 1993. 팽화미의 첨가가 요구르트 특성에 미치는 영향. 한국식품과학회지. 25:258-263.
- 김혜정, 고영태. 1990. 우유와 대두단백질을 이용한 요구르트의 제조에 관한 연구. 한국식품과학회지. 22:700-706.
- 목철균, 남영중, 김영진, 김남수, 권대영. 1991. 쌀의 젖산발효 중 전분가수분해 효소 처리에 의한 품질향상. 한국식품과학회지. 23:739-744.
- 배형철. 2002. 한국인 분변으로부터 Lactobacillus ssp의 분리 및 probiotic 특성. 충남대학교 박사학위논문.
- 백승희, 배형철, 남명수. 2004. 쌀 분말 첨가량에 따른 요구르트의 발효 특성. 한국동물자원과학회지. 46:667-676.
- 식품공전. 1994. 한국식품공업협회. 서울.
- 안효일, 김형기, 이성갑, 양철형, 양종범, 윤원호. 1988. 식품가공학. 세진사. 서울.
- 이신구. 1983. 우유 및 유제품 검사. 선진문화사. 서울.
- 이철호, 무사수안네, 류기형. 1988. 예비발효 및 압출조리 전처리가 쌀 - 대두분 혼합액의 유산균 발효에 미치는 영향. 한국식품과학회지. 20:666-673.
- 홍외숙, 고영태. 1991. 우유와 쌀을 이용한 요구르트의 제조에 관한 연구. 한국식품과학회지. 23:587-592.
- Acid Production and Phytate Degradation using a Leuconostoc mesenteroides KC5l Strain in Saccharified-Rice Suspension vol.52, pp.1, 2009, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2009.006
- Quality Characteristics of Baguette using Fermented Rice Bran Sourdough vol.30, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.3.307
- The fermentation characteristics of soy yogurt with different content of d-allulose and sucrose fermented by lactic acid bacteria from Kimchi pp.2092-6456, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-019-00560-5