- Volume 46 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effct of Species and Tedding Frequency on the Quality of Annual Legume Hay in Spring
초종 및 반전횟수가 봄철 일년생 콩과목초 건초의 품질에 미치는 영향
- Kim, J.D. (Cheonan Yonam College) ;
- Kwon, C.H. (Cheonan Yonam College) ;
- Kim, H.J. (Cheonan Yonam College) ;
- Kim, M.G. (Cheonan Yonam College)
- Published : 2004.06.30
No comprebensive forage quality of annual legumes harvested and cured in spring has been conducted in Korea. Therefore, this experiment was carried out to gain information on the quality of crimson clover (Trifolium incarnatum L.), bolta baIansa clover(Trifolium ba/anansae L.), and persian c1over(Trifolium resupinatum L.) during field curing in spring. The dry matter content of crimson clover at harvest was 24.7%, while bolta balansa and persian clovers had 20.4 and 18.8%, respectively. The moisture content of persian clover was low at the final curing day. But All species took 4 days to reach moisture content under 20%Tedding frequency did not affect moisture content, but consisten trends were also observed during the field curing. Persian clover tended to show a higher leaf-stem ratio than crimson and bolta balansa clovers on dry matter basis. Crude protein of persian clover(19.5%) was higher than other legumes. The percentage of erode protein was decreased from 17.8 to 16.5% as tedding frequency often did. Neutral detergent fiber(NDF) and acid detergent fiber(ADF) contents of persian clover were lower than those of other legumes. From the comparison among tedding frequency, NDF and ADF contents of three times were higher than those of one and two times. Relative feed value(RFV) of persian clover hay was the highest(178) and classified as Grade Prime in forage quality standard. Crimson and bolta balansa clovers in the RFV were also high quality as Grade 1 in forage quality standard. The RFV of legume hay was decreased from 150 to 140 as tedding frequency often did Results of the experiment indicate that hay quality of persian clover was higher than other clovers. And this is due to high leaf and stem content, hollow stem and late maturity stage. Then tedding frequency in annual legume can be teded by two times for quality.
Crimson clover;Bolta balansa clover;Persian clover;Crude protein;Relative feed value
- AOAC. 1990. Official Method of Analysis(15th ed). Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, D. C.
- Baylor, J. E. 1991. Hay management in North America. In Field guide for hay and silage management Boisen, K. K., J. E. Baylor, and M. E. McCullough. 1991. National Feed Ingredients Association.
- Collins, M. 1983. Wetting and maturity effects on the quality of legume hay. Agron, J. 75:523-527.
- Goering, R L. and Van Soest, P. J. 1970. Forage Fiber Analysis. Agr. Handbook No. 379. USDA
- Holland, c., Kezar, W., Kautz, W. P., Lazowski, E. J., Mahanna, W. C. and Reinhart, R. 1990. The pioneer forage manual-A nutritional guide. Pioneer Hi-Bred lnt Inc., Des Moines, IA
- Pitt, R. E., Muck, R. E. and Pickering, N. B. 1991. A tmdel of aerobic fungal growth in silage. 2. Aerobic stability. Grass and Forage Sci. 46:30-312.
- Rotz, C. A and Abrams, S. M 1987. Alfalfa losses and quality changes during hay harvest and storage. Trans. ASAE 31:350-355.
- SAS Institute, Inc. 1999. SAS user's guide : Statistics. SAS Inst., Inc., Cary, NC.
- Smith, D. M. and Brown, D. M. 1994. Rainfallinduced leaching and leaf losses from drying alfalfa forage. Agron. J. 86:503-510. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1994.00021962008600030009x
- 김동암, 김원호. 1993. 추파사료작물이 사일리지용 옥수수의 생장, 수량 및 사료가치에 미치는 영향. 한초지 13(2):122-131.
- 김동암, 김종덕, 이광녕, 신동은, 정재록, 김원호. 1997. 콩과목초 잔주의 사일리지용 옥수수에 대한 질소공급 효과. 한초지 17(3):293-304.
- 김동암, 김종덕, 한건준, 이광녕, 김종근. 1999. 봄철 포장건조 콩과목초의 수량 및 품질 손실. 한초지 19(2):127-132.
- 김종덕, 권찬호, 김수곤, 박형수, 고한종, 김동암. 2002. 중부지방에서 일년생 콩과목초의 사초생산성 비교. 동물자원지 44(5):617-624.
- 서성, 김종근, 정의수, 이종경, 김원호, 신동은. 2001. 건조방법별 알파파와 봄연맥의 건초조제 효과. 한초지 21(2):67-74.
- 이재용. 2003. 조사료(수입조사료)의 정책방안. In 수입조사료의 유통 현황 및 개선방안. 한국초지학회, (사)한국단미사료협회.
- 한건준, 김도암, 1996. 품종 및 반전횟수가 추계 수확 연맥건초의 사료가치에 미치는 영향. 한초지 16(2):169-176.