- Volume 13 Issue 5
In automatic welding process using a robot, seam tracking is one of the important parts. Sensor for seam tracking is divided broadly into two categories as non contact sensor and contact sensor. The arc sensor is one of the non contact sensors, and it can be applied in weaving arc and rotating arc welding process. In such the arc sensors, rotating arc sensor can be applied to high speed welding over tens of Hz. The decrease of self regulation by high rotating speed causes to improve accuracy and response of sensor. In this study, fuzzy controller was used to track the seam for the
- Hanright. J, 1986, 'Robotic Arc Welding under Adaptive Control-A Survey of Current Technology,' Welding Journal, November, pp. 19-24
- Norrish, Bristol. J, 1992, Advanced Welding Process, Institute of Physics Publishing, pp. 152-154
- Mao, M., and Ushio, M., 1997, 'Measurement and Theoretical Investigation of Arc Sensor Sensitivity in Dynamic State Gas Metal Arc Welding ,' Science and Technology in Welding and Joining, Vol. 2, No. 5, pp. 191-198 https://doi.org/10.1179/136217197791069957
- Kim, C. H., and Na, S. J., 2000, 'A Study on Rotating Arc Using Hollow Shaft Motor,' Journal of the Korean Welding Society, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 589-594
- Kim, Y., and Rhee, S., 2001, 'Development of Arc Sensor Model Using Fuzzy Controller in Gas Metal Arc Welding,' Measurement Science and Technology, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 534-541 https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/12/4/320
- Kim, Y., 2001, A study on Arc Sensor Model and Fuzzy Controller Design of Gas Metal Arc Fillet Welding, Ph. D. Thesis, Hanyang Univ, pp. 64-74.