- Volume 17 Issue 6
Consideration of the analytical bias involved in the detection of total volatile organic compounds (TVOC)
총휘발성유기화합물 (TVOC) 검량의 오차인자에 대한 연구
- Kim, K.H. (Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Sejong University)
- 김기현 (세종대학교 지구환경과학과 대기환경연구실)
- Received : 2004.06.16
- Accepted : 2004.10.04
- Published : 2004.12.25
In this article, various aspects of errors involved in the measurement of TVOC were examined as part of study to develop the indoor pollution indices. For this purpose, TVOC term was computed by two different calibration approaches, i.e., by assuming all VOC are detected in the same manner as toluene and by summing up as many individual VOC as possible. The results of our study indicate that the common, toluene-based method suffers from errors inherent in the development of such theory. Consequently, it is concluded that more research efforts have to be directed to the improvement of such concept as TVOC.
TVOC;VOC;indoor pollution;toluene;individual VOC
Supported by : 환경부
- 김기현, 오상인, 최여진, 선우영, 주도원, 한국환경분석학회지, 6(1), 7-14.(2003)
- P. Wolkoff and Nielsen, Atmospheric Environment, 35, 4407-4417(2001).
- ECA, European Collaborative Action ECA-IAQ. Total volatile organic compounds TVOC in indoor air quality investigations. Report No. 19, European COmmision, Brussels(1997).
- M. Tuomainen, A. L. Pasanen, A. Tuomainen, J. Liesivuori, and P. Juvonen, Atmospheric Environment, 35, 305-313(2001).
- C.J. Weschler and H.C.Shields, Indoor Air, 10, 92-100 (2000).
- H. Guo, F. Murray, and S.C. Lee, Building and Environment, 38, 1413-1422(2003).
- P. Wolkoff, Indoor air Supplimentary, 3, 9-73(1995).
- A. Calogirou, B.R. Larsen, C. Brussol, M. Duane and D. Kotzias, Analytical Chemistry, 68, 1499-1506(1996).
- 김기현, 최규훈, 오상인, 최여진, 선우영, 전의찬, 주도원, 한국분석과학회지, 16(5), 407-417.(2003)
- H. Guo, S. C. Lee, and L. Y. Chan, Environmental Research, 94, 327-335(2004).