- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A study on the reaction characteristics at the biosorption of Rhodamine B using waste sludge
폐 슬러지를 이용한 Rhodamine B의 생체흡착시 반응특성에 관한 연구
- Published : 2004.07.01
The properties of biosorption of dye(Rhodmine B) was investigated to figure out the effects of temperature as a function of dye concentration and sludge concentration by the Langmuir and Lagergen adsorption model. It was found that the uptake capacity of biosorption was increased at low temperature. The Langmuir adsorption model was found suitable for describing the biosorption of the dye. The experimental results indicated that the dye uptake process followed the pseudo-first-order kinetics.
Waste sludge;Langmuir model;Rhodamine B;Specific surface area;Biosorption
- 한태성, 윤현희, 김병식, 1998, 산성염료폐수 처리에서 염료물성에 따른 응집 탈색효율에 관한 연구, 화학공학, 36(1), 20-26.
- 서정호, 1997, Saccharomyces cerevisiae와Aureobasidium pullulans의 납 흡착 특성, 부산대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 1-10pp.
- Otero, M., F. Rozada, L. F. Calvo, A. I. Garcia and A. Moran, 2003, Kinetic and equilibrium modelling of the methylene blue removal from solution by adsorbent materials produced from sewage sludges, Biochem. Eng. Jour., 15(1), 59-68. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1369-703X(02)00177-8
- Rozada, F., L. F. Calvo, A. I. Garcia, J. Martin-Villacorta and M. Otero, 2003, Dye adsorption by sewage sludge-based activated carbons in batch and fixed-bed systems, Biores. Tech., 87(3), 221-230.
- Wang, J., C. P. Huang, H. E. Allen, D. K. Cha and D. W. Kim, 1998, Adsorption characteristics of dye onto sludge particulates, J. of Colloid and Interface Sci., 208(15), 518-528. https://doi.org/10.1006/jcis.1998.5875
- Aksu, Z. and Gonul Donmez, 2003, A comparative study on the biosorption characteristics of some yeasts for Remazol blue reactive dye, Chemosphere, 50, 1075-1083. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(02)00623-9
- Arican, B., C. F. Gokcay and U. Yetis, 2002, Mechanistics of nickel sorption by activated sludge, Process Biochem., 37(11), 1307-1315. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-9592(02)00015-8
- Chen, J. P., W. R. Chen and R. C. Hsu, 1996, Biosorption of copper from aqueous solutions by plant root tissues, J. of Fer. and Bioeng., 81(5), 458-463. https://doi.org/10.1016/0922-338X(96)85148-8
- APHA, AWWA and WEF, 1995, Standard Methods, 19th Edition.
- Namasivayam, C., N. Muniasamy, K. Gayatri, M. Rani and K. Ranganathan, 1996, Removal of Dyes from Aqueous Solutions by Cellulosic Waste Orange Peel, Bioresource Technology, 57, 37-43. https://doi.org/10.1016/0960-8524(96)00044-2
- 이창한, 윤준섭, 김도한, 나영수, 송승구, 2001, Rhodamine B를 사용한 염료흡착법에 의한 활성슬러지의 비표면적 측정, 대한환경공학회지, 23(10), 1633-1639.
- Chaignon, V., 2002, Evolution of size distribution and transfer of mineral particles between floes in activated sludges : an insight into floc exchange dynamics, Wat. Res., 36, 676-684. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(01)00266-4
- Andreadakis, A. D., 1993, Physical and chemical properties of activated sludge floc, Wat. Res., 27(12), 1707-1714. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(93)90107-S
- OLIVEIRA, J. E., 1983, Investigation on the Adsorption Equilibria of the Acid Azo Dye Amaranth(C.I. 16.185) from Aqueous Solutions on Saccharomyces uvarum IZ 1904 Cells, Naturalia, 8, 211-217.
- Chu, H. C. and K. M. Chen, 2002, Reuse of activated sludge biomass: 1. Removal of basic dyes from wastewater by biomass, Process Biochem., 37(10), 595-600. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-9592(01)00234-5