- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Mean Air Exchange Rate and Generation Rate of Nitrogen Dioxide Using Box Model in Residence
주택에서 Box Model을 이용한 평균 환기율 및 이산화질소 발생량 추정
- Published : 2004.07.01
Indoor air quality is affected by source strength of pollutants, ventilation rate, decay rate, outdoor level, and so on. Although technologies measuring these factors exist directly, direct measurements of all factors are not always practical in most field studies. The purpose of this study was to develop an alternative method to estimate these factors by application of multiple measurements. For the total duration of 30 days, daily indoor and outdoor
Box model;Indoor air;Air exchange rate;Generation rate;Nitrogen dioxide
- Skillas, G., C. H. Huglin and H. C. Siegmann, 1999, Determination of air exchange rates of rooms and deposition factors for fine particles by means of photoelectric aerosol sensors, Indoor Built Environment, 8, 246-254. https://doi.org/10.1177/1420326X9900800406
- Sherman, M. H., 1990, Tracer-gas techniques for measuring ventilation in a single zone, Building and Environment, 25(4), 365-374. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-1323(90)90010-O
- Nazaroff, W. W. and G. R. Cass, 1986, Mathematical modeling of chemically reactive pollutants in indoor air, Environ. Sci. Technol., 20, 924-934. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00151a012
- Leaderer, B. P., L. Schaap and R. N. Dietz, 1985, Evaluation of the perfluorocarbon tracer technique for determining in infiltration rates in residences, Environ. Sci. Technol., 19, 1225-1232. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00142a015
- Esmen, N. A., 1985, The status of indoor air pollution, Environmental Health Perspectives, 62, 259-265. https://doi.org/10.2307/3430123
- Moschandreas, D. J. and S. M. Relwani, 1987, Emission rates from range top-burner assessment of measurement methods, Atmospheric Environment, 21, 285-289. https://doi.org/10.1016/0004-6981(87)90003-5
- Relwani, S. M., D. J. Moschandreas and I. H. Billick, 1986, Effects of operational factors on pollutant emission rates from residential gas appliances, Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association, 36, 1233-1237. https://doi.org/10.1080/00022470.1986.10466170
- Kraenzmer, M., 1999, Modeling and continuous monitoring of indoor air pollutants for identification of sources and sinks, Environment International, 25(5), 541-551. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-4120(99)00029-X
Spicer, C. W., R W. Coutant, G. F. Ward and D.W. Joseph, 1986, Rates and mechanisms of
$NO_2$removal from indoor air by residential material, Environmental International, 15, 634-654.
- Tichenor, B. A, 1996, Overview of source/sink characterization methods, American Society for Testing Materials, STP 1287, 9-19.
- Yamanaka, S., 1984, Decay rates of nitrogen oxides in a typical Japanese living room, Environ. Sci. Tech., 18, 566-570. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00125a017
- Cyrys, J., J. Heinrich, K Richter, G. Wolke and H.E. Wichmann, 2000, Sources and concentrations of indoor nitrogen dioxide in Hamburg and Erfurt, The Science of the Total Environment, 250, 51-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(00)00361-2
- Sexton, K., R. Letz and D. Spengler, 1983, Estimating human exposure to nitrogen dioxide: an indoor/outdoor medeling approach, Environmental Research, 32, 151-166. https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-9351(83)90202-5
- World Health Organization(WHO), 1987, Air Quality Guidelines for Europe, European Series No. 23, WHO: Copenhagen, Denmark, 297-310.
- Bauer, M. A., M. J. Utell, P. E. Morrow, D. M. Speers and H. P. Gibb, 1986, Inhalation of 0.3 ppm nitrogen dioxide potentiates exercise-induced bronchospasm in asthmatics, Am. Rev. Respir. Dis., 134, 1203-1208.
- Mohensin, V., 1987, Airway responses to nitrogen dioxide in asthmatic subjects, J. Toxicol. & Environ. Health, 22, 371-380. https://doi.org/10.1080/15287398709531080
- Yang, W., K. Lee, D. Paek and M. Chung, 2000, Characterization of indoor air quality using multiple measurements of nitrogen dioxide, Proceeding of the 10th Annual Conference of the International Society of Exposure Analysis, Monterey Peninsula, CA, USA Paper No. 4D-04o.
Yanagisawa, Y. and H. Nishmura, 1982, A badge-type personal sampler for measurement of . personal exposures to
$NO_2$and NO in ambient air, Environment International, 8, 235-242. https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-4120(82)90033-2
- Tichenor, B. A., L. A. Sparks, J. B. White and M. D. Jackson, 1990, Evaluating sources of indoor air pollution, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 40, 487-492. https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.1990.10466703
- Ott, W., P. Switzer and J. Robinson, 1996, Particle concentrations inside a tavern before and after prohibition of smoking: evaluating the performance of an indoor air quality model, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 46, 120-1134.
- Furtaw, E. J., M. D. Pandian, D. R. Nelson and J. V. Behar, 1996, Modeling indoor air concentrations near emission sources in imperfectly mixed rooms, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 46, 861-868. https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.1996.10467522
- Dockery, D. W. and J. D. Spengler, 1981, Indoor-outdoor relationships of respirable sulfates and particles, Atmospheric Environment, 15, 335-343. https://doi.org/10.1016/0004-6981(81)90036-6
- Spengler, J. D., M. Schwab, P. B. Ryan, S, Colome, A. L. Wilson, I. H. Billick and E. J. Becker, 1994, Personal exposure to nitrogen-dioxide in the Los-Angeles basin, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 41, 39-47.
- 환경부, 2000, 환경백서.
- Hargreaves, P. R., A. Leidi, H. J. Grubb, M. T. Howe and M. A. Mugglestone, 2000, Local and seasonal variation in atmospheric nitrogen dioxide levels at Rothamsted, UK, and relationships with meteorological conditions, Atmospheric Environment, 34, 843-853. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(99)00360-X
- Godish, T., 1991, Indoor Air Pollution Control, Lewis Publishers, 6-9pp.
Wikes, C. R, M. D. Koontz and I. H. Billick, 1996, Analysis of sampling strategies for estimating annual average indoor
$NO_2$concentrations in residence with gas appliance, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 46, 853-860. https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.1996.10467521
- Wade, W. A., W. A. Cote and J. E. Yocom, 1975, A study of indoor air quality, Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association, 25(9), 933-939. https://doi.org/10.1080/00022470.1975.10468114
- Ryan, P. B., J. D. Spengler and R. Letz, 1983, The effects of kerosene heaters on indoor pollutant concentrations: a monitoring and modeling study, Atmospheric Environment, 17, 1339-1345. https://doi.org/10.1016/0004-6981(83)90408-0
Spicer, C. W., D. V. Kenny and F. W. Gerald, 1993, Transformations, lifetimes, and sources of
$NO_2$, HONO, and $HNO_3$in indoor environments, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 43, 1479-1485.
- Smith, R. L., 1994, Use of Monte Carlo simulation for human exposure assessment at a superfund site, Risk Analysis, 14(4), 433-439. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.1994.tb00261.x
- Wilson, A. L., S. D. Colome, Y. Tian, E. W. Becker, P. E. Baker, D. W. Behrens, I. H. Billick and C. A. Garrison, 1996, California residential air exchange rates and residence volumes, Journal of Exposure Analysis and Environmental Epidemiology, 6(3), 311-326.
- Yang, W., H. Bae, S. Yoo and M. Chung, 2001, Determination of deposition velocity for nitrogen dioxide in residence using two-point measurements, Proceeding of the 12th World Clean Air & Environment Congress and Exhibition, Seoul, Korea, Paper No VI Session 3e.
Ryan, P. B., M. L. Soczek, J. D. Spengler and I. H. Billick, 1988, The Boston residential
$NO_2$characterization study I. Preliminary evaluation of the survey methodology, Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association, 38, 22-27.
- Luoma, M., 2000, Autocorrelation and variability of indoor air quality measurements, American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, 61, 658-668. https://doi.org/10.1080/15298660008984575
- Francis, M., S. Selvin, R. Spear and S. Rappaport, 1989, The effect of autocorrelation on the estimation of worker's daily exposures, American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, 50(1), 37-43. https://doi.org/10.1080/15298668991374282