- Volume 13 Issue 7
A new method of automatic recording raingauge is developed to measure rainfall with 0.01mm resolution. This use two different signals to measure rainfall more accurately compare than other raingauges. One is weight of the tipping bucket with rainfall amount and the other is pulse from tipping bucket reverse. New method applied 1 mm tipping bucket mechanism and install loadcell under tipping bucket mechanism for measuring rainfall weight. Loadcell measure weight of rainfall until 1 mm with 0.01 mm resolution and more than 1 mm than bucket reverse and pulse signal generate, after that loadcell measure weight again. The validation of new instrument was examined in the room 65 mm/hour rainfall rate total 53 mm range. There is below than 1 % error of absolute rainfall amount and 0.01 mm resolution. The field test of instrument was carried out by comparing its measured values with values recorded by weight type and standard type on June 1 2003 at Terrestrial Environmental Research Center at Tsukuba University in Tsukuba of Japan, when it has recorded total amount of 40.58 mm rainfall by standard raingauge and new raingauge recorded 41.032 mm. Same rainfall intensity pattern observed in field observation with weight type raingauge. Rainfall intensity between weight type and Lee-A type raingauge reached 0.9947 correlation in 3 minute average.
- 이현영, 2000, 한국의 기후, 법무사, 59-60pp.
- WMO, 1996, Guide to Meteorological Instruments and Methods of Observation WMO-No. 8.
- 이부용, 1999, 측정분해능이 0.1 mm인 우량계의 개발에 관한 연구, 한국환경과학회지, 8(4), 419-422.
- 김대원, 이부용, 2002, 우량계 개발과 측정 오차, 한국환경과학회지, 11(10), 1055-1060. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2002.11.10.1055
- 우덕모, 2002, 전도형 우량계의 강우강도별 특성, 한국기상학회지, 38(5), 479-491.
- Leroy, M., 2000, Calibration and Control Methods for Tipping-Bucket raingauges, WMO Instrument and Observing Method Report No. 74, 92-95pp.
- 이부용, 박병윤, 1997, 0.1 mm급 우량계 개발에 관한 연구 -Load Cell 특성에 관하여-, 대구가톨릭대학교 논문집, 5, 93-97.