- Volume 13 Issue 7
Having the Seorak mountain National Park as an object of study, this research grasps the problems of the present environmental observatories through the awareness investigations of visitors towards the function of environmental observatories made by the evironmental education. In order to achieve this, a questionaire has been conducted for 26 days, starting from the 25th October 2002, directed towards 100 visitors to the Seorak mountain National Park about the maps and degree of satisfaction of the usage ofthe environment observatory and explanation program. The results of the analysis show that general satisfaction on the environmental observatories are valued very negatively. This informs us that the present environmental observatories under the environment education are not fullfilling entirely their functions. Supporting itself upon the basis of the visitors' questionaire, this research has attempted the resolution of the present problems having as an object of study the scenery and cultural resources present in the Seorak mountain National Park, and proposing an entertaining environmental education of the environment observatory's constitution.
Environmental education;Nature trails;Seorak national park
- 石井弘, 1985, 綠の計畵, 114-214pp.
- Cho, W., 2000, Remedial Devices and Operation Status of the Nature Trail in National Parks in Korea, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 28(5), 114.
- 국립공원관리공단, 2001, 국립공원백서, 97pp.
- Jo, T. D. and S. J. Gwon, 1999, Apprehension of Environmental Landscape Architecture, Munundang, 328-329pp.
- 강민구, 조태동, 조현주, 신병철, 2003, 이고산대 훼손에 관한 이용자 의식조사, 한국환경생태학회 추계학술논문발표회, 197-199pp.
- 국립공원관리공단, 2000, 국립공원특성별 공원관리방안연구, 392-395pp.
- National Parks Authority, 2002, Workshop on Activiation of Nature Interpretive Programs, 89-98pp.
- National Parks Authority, 2003, Soraksan Resources Mornitoriong, 134-451pp.
- National Parks Authority, 2002, Workshop on Activiation of Nature Interpretive Programs, 89-95pp.
- Son, J. E. and H. S. Song, 2000, Users' Responses for Designed Environmental Interpretive Panels with a case study of Hongnung Arboretum, The Journal of Korean Institute of Forest Recreation, 4(3), 43-50.
- Jo, T. D. and H.J. Jo, 2003, Visitors' Satisfaction With Entrance In Soraksan National Park, Journal of the International Symposium on Clean Environment, Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 13(2), 127-130.
- Lee, J. H., 1998, Development of Natural Trail in Tongosan . Chongoksan Recreational Forests, Journal of Forest Recreation, 2(1), 37-45.
- Jo, T. D. and H. J. Jo, 2003, Functions of Nature Trails in Mt. Seorak National Park focused on Environmental Educational aspect, Proceeding of the Korean Environmantal Sciences Society Conference, 12(2), 61-63.