- Volume 17 Issue 8
We have investigated the generation of pretilt angle for a nematic liquid crystal (NLC) alignment with rubbing alignment method on polyimide surfaces using plastic substrates. It was found that monodomain alignment of NLC is obtained with rubbing alignment method on polyimide surfaces using thin plastic substrates. The NLC pretilt angles on thin plastic substrates generated higher than that on glass substrate. Also, EO characteristics of the TN-LCD with a rubbed PI surface based on polymer substrate are almost the same as that of the TN-LCD with a rubbed PI surface based on glass. However, the transmittances of the TN-LCD with a rubbed PI surface based on polymer is less than that with a rubbed PI surface based on g1ass.
J. Appl. Phys.
Statistical analysis of multiple cracking phenomenon of a
$SiO_x$thin film on a ploymer substrate M. Yanaka;Y. Tsukahara;T. Okabe;N. Takeda https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1379355
- Thin Solid Films v.355 Effects of temperature on the multiple cracking progress of sub-micron thick glass films deposited on a polymer substrate M. Yanaka;Y. Kato;Y. Tsukahara;N. Takeda https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-6090(99)00447-2
- Failure test for brittle conductive layers on flexible disply substrates P.C.P. Boouten
- Appl. Phys. Lett. v.76 no.11 Strain-dependent electrical resistance of tin-doped indium oxide on polymer substrate D. R. Cairns;R. P. WitteⅡ;D. K. Sparacin;S. M. Sachsman;D. C. Paine;G. P. Crawford;R. R. Newton https://doi.org/10.1063/1.126052
- Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. v.40 no.1 Fluorinated polymer alignment layers formed at low temperature H.S ato;H. Fujikake;H. Kikuchi;Y. Iino;M. Kawakita;Y. Tsuchiya https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.40.L53
- Appl. Phys. Lett. v.61 Study of the pretilt angle for 5CB on rubbed polyimide films containing trifluoromethyl moiety and analysis of the surface atomic concentration of F/C(%) with an electron spectroscope for chemical analysis D. S. Seo;S. Kobayachi;M. Nishikawa https://doi.org/10.1063/1.108174
- Mol. Cryst. and Liq. Ctyst. v.213 Generation of pretilt angles in nematic liquid crystal, 5CB, media aligned polyimide films prepared by spin-coating and LB techniques : effect of rubbing D. S. Seo;K. Muroi;S. Kobayashi https://doi.org/10.1080/10587259208028733
- 전기전자재료학회논문지 v.12 no.4 Relationship between the pretilt angle and the anchoring strength in nematic liquid crystal on rubbed polyimide surface D. S. Seo;J. H. Choi
- 전기전자재료학회논문지 v.12 no.12 Investigation of washing process on surface liquid crystal alignment and polar anchoring energy in NLC on rubbed polyimide surfaces D. S. Seo;T .G. Park
- 전기전자재료학회논문지 v.15 no.11 Fluorine 계열의 폴리머를 함유한 복합 폴리이미드 표면에서의 네마틱액정의 프리틸트 발생의 메카니즘 황정연;이상극;서대식