- Volume 53 Issue 8
This paper presents experimental data from model windings with different arrangement of coil in order to provide information to design a 22.9kV class HTS transformer. Before experiment, the composite insulation of two different type of HTS transformers are investigated. The first basic of investigation is a breakdown characteristic of liquid nitrogen and flashover characteristic on the GFRP surface under ac and impulse, The second investigation is insulation design, manufacture and test of model windings. These include a AC withstand voltage test of 50 kV rms and a lighting impulse test of 150 kV at peak.
- M. Polak, P. Usak, J. Pitel, L. Jansak, Z. Timoransky, F. Zizdl, and H. Piel, 'Comparison of Solenoidal and Pancake Model windings for a Superconducting Transformer', IEEE Transaction on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 1478-1481, 2001 https://doi.org/10.1109/77.920053
- Ho-Myung Chang, Yeon Suk Choi, Steven W. Van Sciver, and Thomas L. Baldwin, 'Cryogenic Cooling Temperature of HTS Transformers for Compactness and Efficiency', IEEE Transaction on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 1478-1481, 2003 https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2003.813086
- S. H. Kim, W. S. Kim, J. T. Kim, K. D. Choi, H. G. Joo, G. W. Hong, J. H. Han, S. J. Lee and S. Hahn, 'Assembling and Insulation Test of IMVA Single Phase HTS Transformer for Power Distribution', Journal of the Korea Institute of Applied Superconductivity and Cryogenics, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 30-33, 2003
- S.W.Schwenterly, et al., 'Development of HTS power transformers for the 21st century: Waukesha Electric Systems/IGC-SuperPower/RG&E/ORNL SPI collaboration', Physica C 382, pp. 1-6, 2002 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4534(02)01168-1
- B.W. McConnell, 'Transformers - A successful Application of High Temperature Supereconductors', IEEE Transation on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 716-720, 2000 https://doi.org/10.1109/77.828332
- Osami Tsukamoto, et al, 'Overview of R&D activities on application of superconductivity to power apparatus in Japan', Cryogenics 42, pp. 337-344, 2002 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-2275(02)00054-1