- Volume 15 Issue 1
Extended LR Methods for Efficient Parsing with Feature-based Grammars
- Le, Kang-Hyuk (Department of Game Engineering Tongmyong University of Information Technology)
- Published : 2004.03.01
This paper discusses two problems with LR parsing with regard to constructing parsing tables with feature-based grammars. First, we show that traditional LR parsing methods suffer from nontermination and nondeterminism problems when they are applied to feature-based grammars. We then present an LR method for feature-based grammars that avoids both nontermination and nondetermisim by making use of partial information of a feature structure. Second, we describe the problem of adapting LR parsing to feature-based grammars with schematic rules (i.e., rules that do not contain enough information to construct parsing tables). To remedy this problem, we propose a rule inference algorithm which instantiates underspecified rules into more specified ones containing enough information.
- Head-drivert Phrase Structure Grammar Pollard,C.;I.Sag
- Proceedings of ACL Using Restriction to Extend Parsing Algorithms for Complex-feature-based Formalisms Shieber,S.
- Efficient Parsing for Natural Language: A Fast Algorithm for Practical Systems Tomita,M.
- Principles of Compiler Design Aho,A.;J.D.Ullman
- Paper presented at the Conference on Alternative Conception of Phrase Structure Karttunen,L.
- Proceedings of the ACL An Extended LR Parsing Algorithm for Grammars Using Feature-based Syntactic Categories Nakazawa, Tsuneko
Generalized LR Parsing
GLR Parsing in Time O
- Commurications of the ACM v.13 no.2 An Efficient Context-Free Parsing Algorithm Earley,J.
- Proceedings of Coling '86 Categorial Unification Grammar Uzkoreit,H.
- Prolog and Nathural Language Analysis Shieber,S.;F.Pereira
- Computational Linguistics v.13 An Efficient Augmented Context-Free Parsing Algorithm Tomita,M.
- Proceedings of EACL '95 Incremental Interpretation of Categorial Grammar Milward, D.
- An Introduction to Unification-Based approaches to Grammar Shieber,S.
- Lexicon Development for Speech and Language Processing Constraint-based Lexica Bouma, Gosse;Frank Van Eynde;Dan Flickinger;Frank Van Eynde;Dafydd Gibbon
- Computing Surveys v.6 no.2 LR parsing Aho,A.V.;S.C.Johnson
- Computational Linguistics v.19 no.1 Generalized Probabilistic LR Parsing of Natural Language (Corpora) with Unification-based Grammars Briscoe,T.;J.Carroll
- Natural Language Parsing and Linguistic Theories An Extension of LR-Parsing for Lexical Functional Grammar Kindermann;Meier;U.Reyle(ed.);C.Rohrer(ed.)
- Information-based Syntax and Semantics. Volume 1: Fundamentals Pollard,C.;I.Seg