- Volume 32 Issue 1
Analysis of Enzymes of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia LK-24 Associated with Phenol Degradation
Stenotrophomonas maltophilia LK-24의 페놀분해 관련 효소
- Kim, Jeong-Dong (Department of Life Science, Hanyang University) ;
- Kang, Kook-Hee (Department of Food and Biotechnology, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Published : 2004.03.01
The analysis of enzymes associated with metabolism of phenolics by Stenotrophomonas maltophilia LK-24 was conducted. To identify metabolites of phenol and phenol compound, we investigated enzymes of S. maltophilia LK-24 associated with degradation of phenolics. We found that phenol hydrolase, catechol-2.3-dioxygenase, 2-hydroxymuconic semialdehyde dehydrogenase, 2-hydroxymuconic semialdehyde hydroxylase and acetaldehyde dehydrogenase were activated. The results showed that phenolics were gone through the meta-pathway ring cleavage. The results will contribute greatly to understand metabolic pathways of phenol and it is possible to make some assessment of the feasibility of using S. maltophilia LK-24 for the treatments of phenolic-contaminated waste streams.
- J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.28 Substrate-dependent autoaggregation of Pseudomonas putida CP1 during the degradation of mono-chlorophenols and phenol Farrell,A.;B.Quilty
- Biodegradation v.8 Enhancement of biodegradation of phenol and a non-growth substrate 4-chlorophenol by medium augmentation with conventional carbon sources Loh,K.C.;S.J.Wang
- Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol v.8 Biodegradation of Phenol by trichlorophenol-cometabolizing bacterium Park,G.T.;H.J.song;J.G.Kim;S.J.Lee
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.61 Utilization of halogenared benzenes, phenols and benzoates by Rhodococcus opacus GM-14 Zaitsev,G.M.;J.S.Uotia;I.V.Tsikol;A.G.Lobanok;M.S.Salkinoja-Salonen
- J. Bacteriol v.100 Phenol and benzoate metabolism by Pseudomonas putida: regulation of tangential pathway Feist,C.F.;G.D.Hegeman
- Biodegradation v.5 The evolution of pathway for aromatic hydrocarbon oxidation in Pseudomonas Williams,P.A.;J.R.Sayers
- Review Environ.Contam.Toxicol. v.146 Chlorophenols in the terrestrial environment Jenson,J.
- J. Bacterial. v.174 Nucleotide sequence and functional analysis of the complete phenol/3,4-dimethylphenol catabolic pathway of Pseudomonas sp. Strain CF60 Shingler,V.;J.Powlowski;U.Marklund
- J. Microbiol. Biotechnol v.7 Degradation of chlorophenols and phenol mixture by cooperative activities of chlorophenol-degrading strains Bae,H.S.;Y.G.Cho;S.T.Lee
- J. Appl. Bacteriol. v.79 Bioremediation of methyl violet and phenol from a dye-industry waste effluent using Pseudomonas spp. Sarnaik,S.;P.Kanekar
- Eur. J. Biochem. v.20 The meat-cleavage of catechol by Azotobacter species: 4-oxlocrotonate pathways Sala-Trepet,J.M.;W.C.Evans
- Anal. Biochem. v.72 A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding Bradford,M.M.
- J. Microbiol. Biotechnol v.12 Identification of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia LK-24 and its degradability of crystal violet Kim,J.D.;J.H.Yoon;Y.H.Park;F.Kawai;H.T.Kim;d.W.Lee;K.H.Kang
- American Society for Microbiology Metabolic and regulatory check points in phenol degradation by Pseudomonas sp. CF600. Molecular Biolgy of Pseudomonas Shinger,V.
- Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.46 Growth performance and pathway flux determine substrate preference of Alcaligenes eurtrophus during growth on acetate plus aromatic compound mixtrues Ampe,F.;D.Leonard;N.D.Lindley
- Biological degradaton and bioremediation of toxic chemicals Catabolic potenitial of Pseudomonales: a regulatory perspective Houghton,J.E.;M.S.Shanley;G.R.Chaudhry(ed.)
- Biophy. Res. Comm. v.60 The meta-cleavage of catechol by a thermophilic Bacillus species Buswell,J.A.
- J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.11 Identification of Yarrowia lipolytica Y103 and its degradability of phenol and 4-chlorophenol Lee,J.S.;E.J.Kang;M.O.Kim;D.H.Lee;K.S.Bae;C.H.Kim
- Lett. Appl. Microbiol. v.21 Aerobic degradation and dechlorination of 2-chlorophenol, 3-chlo-rophenol and 4-chlorophenol by a Pseudomonas pickettii strain Fava,F.;P.M Armenate;D.Kafkewitz
- Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol v.42 Phenol and its derivatives as heterotrophic substrates for microbial growh- an energetic comparison Muller,R.H.;W.Babel
- Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol v.40 Utilization of side-chain precursor for penicillin biosynthesis in a high-producing strain Penicillium chrysogenun Eriksen,S.H.;B.Jensen;I.Schneider;S.Kaasgaard;J.Olsen
- Appl. Biochem. Biotechno. v.17 The metabolism of aromatic compounds by thermophilic Bacilli Adams,D.;D.W.Ribbons
- Water Res. v.36 The enhancement of 2-chlo-rophenol degradation by mixed microbial community when augmented with Pseudomonas putida CP1 Farrell,A.;B.Quilty
- Archive Microiol. v.174 Transformation of ortho-substituted biphenyls by Methylosinus trichosporium OB3b: substituent effect on oxidation kinetics and product formation Angela,S.L.;A.Peter;D.S.Jeremy
- Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.46 Growth rate-dependent expression of phenol-assimilation pathways in Alcaligenes eutrophus LMP 134, influence of formate as an auxiliary energy source Muller,R.H.;W.Babel
- Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol v.50 Simultaneous degradation of chloro- and methyl-substituted aromatioc compounds: competition between Pseudomonas strains suing the ortho - and meta-pathway or the ortho-pathway exclusively Franck Mokroa,A.C.;E.Schmidt
- Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.29 Kinetics of the simultaneous batch degradation of p-cresol and phenol by Pseudomonas putida Hutchinson,D.H.;C.W.Robinson
- Einfuhrung in die Gewassermikrobuiolgie Reichardt,W
- Microbiology v.146 Arrangement and regulation of the genes for meta-pathway enzymes required for degradation of phenol in Comamonas testosterroni TA441 Arai,H.;T.Ohishi;M.Y.Chang;T.Kudo
- Biodegradation v.7 Biodegradation of the mixtures of 4-chlorophenol and phenol by Comamonas testosteroni CPW 301 Sung,B.H.;J.M.Lee;Y.B.Kim;S.T.Lee
- Enzyme Microbiol. Technol. v.23 Meta-pathway degradation of phenolics by thermophilic Bacilli Saiqa,A.;F.L.Roberto;A.C.Don
- Microbiology v.142 Flu limitation in orthopathway of benzoate degradation of Alcaligenes eutrophus: metabolite overflow and induction of the meta-pathway at high substrate concentrations Ampe,F.;N.D.Lindley
- J. Bacteriol. v.124 Metabolism by phenols and cresols by Bacillus stearothermophilus Buswell,J.A.
- J. Bacteriol v.107 Dissimilation of aromatic compounds by Alcaligenes eutrophus Johnson,B.F.;R.Y.Stanier