- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Evaluation Effects of Spray-dried Egg Protein Containing Specific Egg Yolk Antibodies as a Substitute for Spray-dried Plasma Protein or Antibiotics in Weaned Pigs
- Hong, J.W. ;
- Kwon, O.S. ;
- Min, B.J. ;
- Lee, W.B. ;
- Shon, K.S. ;
- Kim, I.H. ;
- Kim, J.W.
- Received : 2003.07.31
- Accepted : 2004.04.08
- Published : 2004.08.01
In Exp. 1, a total of 36 pigs (6.55
Egg Yolk Antibody;SDPP;Antibiotic;Growth;Pigs
- AOAC. 1995. Official Method of Analysis. 16th Edition. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, VA.
- Kunin, C. M. 1993. Resistance to antimicrobial drugs: A worldwide calamity. Ann. Intern. Med. 118:557-561. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-118-7-199304010-00011
- National Research Council 1998. Nutrient Requirements of Swine. 10th Edition. National Academy Press, Washington, DC.
- Nessmith, W. B., Jr, M. D. Tokach, R. D. Goodband, J. L. Nelssen, J. R. Bergstrom, J. W. Smith II, K. Q. Owen and B. T. Richert. 1995. The effect of substituting spray-dried whole egg from grading plants only for spray-dried animal plasma in phase I diets. J. Anim. Sci. 73 (Suppl. 1) 171 (Abstr.).
- Owen, K. Q., J. L. Nelssen, M. D. Tokach, R. D. Goodband, S. S. Dritz and L. J. Kats. 1993. Spray-dried egg protein in the diets for early-weaned starter pigs. Kansas Agri. Exp. Sta. Rep. Prog. No. 695. pp. 50-53.
- van de Ligt, J. L. G., M. D. Lindemann, R. J. Harmon, H. J. Monegue and G. L. Cromwell. 2002. Effect of chromium tripicolinate supplementation on porcine immune response during the periparturient and neonatal period. J. Anim. Sci. 80:456-466.
- Xuan, Z. N., J. D. Kim, K. N. Heo, H. J. Jung, J. H. Lee, Y. K. Han, Y. Y. Kim and In K. Han. 2001. Study on the development of a probiotics complex for weaned pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14:1425-1428.
- Wiedemann, V., E. Linckn, R. Kuhlmann, P. Schmidt, U. Losch. 1991. Chicken egg antibodies for prophylaxis and therapy of infectious intestinal diseases. V. In vivo studies on protective effects against Escherichia coli diarrhea in pigs. Zentralbl Veterinarmed [B]. 38:283-291.
- Petersen, R. G. 1985. Design and analysis of experiments. Marcel Dekkor, New York.
- Hill, G. M., D. C. Mahan, S. D. Cater, G. L. Cromwell, R. C. Ewan, R. L. Harrold, A. J. Lewis, P. S. Miller, G. C. Shurson and T. L. Veum. 2001. Effects of pharmacological concentrations of zinc oxide with or without the inclusion of an antibacterial agent on nursery pig performance. J. Anim. Sci. 79:934-941.
- Ko, T. G., J. D. Kim, S. H. Bae, Y. K. Han and I. K. Han. 2000. Study for the development of antibiotic-free diets for weanling pigs. Kor. J. Anim. Sci. 42:37-44.
- Williams, C. H., D. J. David and O. Iismaa. 1962. The determination of chromic oxide in feces samples by atomic absorption spectrophotometry. J. Agric. Sci. 59:381.
- Yokoyama, H., R. C. Peralta, R. Diaz, S. Sendo, Y. Ikemori and Y. Kodama. 1992. Passive protective effect of chicken egg yolk immunoglobulins against experimental enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli infection in neonatal piglets. Zentralbl Veterinarmed [A]. 43:217-223.
- Losch, U., I. Schranner, R. Wanke and L. Jurgens. 1986. The chicken egg, an antibody source. Zentralbl Veterinarmed [B]. 33:609-619.
- Kim, J. D., Y. Hyun, K. S. Shon, T. J. Kim, H. J. Woo and I. K. Han. 2001. Optimal dietary spray dried plasma protein (SDPP) and dried porcine solubles (DPS) in improving growth performance and immune status in pigs weaned at 21 days of age. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14:338-345.
- SAS. 1996. SAS user's guide. Release 6.12 edition. SAS Institute. Inc., Cary, NC.
- Duncan, D. B. 1955. Multiple range and multiple F tests. Biometrics 11:1.
- Hong, J. W., I. H. Kim, I. H. Hwang, J. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, O. S. Kwon and S. H. Lee. 2003. Evaluation of recombinant human lactoferricin culture as a substitute for antibiotic in pig starter diets. J. Anim. Sci. Technol. (Kor.). 45(4):537-542.
- Hong, J. W., I. H. Kim, O. S. Kwon, S. H. Lee, J. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, B. K. Min and W. B. Lee. 2002. Nutritional value evaluation of spray-dried egg protein containing egg yolk antibody. Kor. J. Nutr. 35:848-853.
- Wenk, C. 2003. Herbs and botanicals as feed additives in monogastric animals. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16:282-289.
- Langlois, B. E., K. A. Dawson, T. S. Stahly and G. L. Cromwell. 1984. Antibiotic resistance of fecal coliforms from swine fed subtherapeutic and therapeutic levels of chlortetracycline. J. Anim. Sci. 58:666-674.
- Marquardt, R. R. 2000. Control of intestinal diseases in pigs by feeding specific chicken egg antibodies. In : Egg Nutrition and Biotechnology (Ed. J. S. Sim, S. Nakai and W. Guenter). CAB International, Wallingford, UK.
- Nessmith, W. B., M. D. Tokach, R. D. Goodband, J. L. Nelssen, J. R. Bergstrom, S. S. Dritz, J. A. Longhmiller and J. W. Smith, II. 1996. Evaluation of various specialty protein sources as replacements for spray-dried animal plasma in diets for segregated early-weaned pigs. Kansas Agri. Exp. Sta. Rep. Prog. No. 772. pp. 34-38.
- Shimizu, M., R. C. Fitzsimmons and S. Nakai. 1988. Anti-E. coli immunoglobulin Y isolated from egg yolk of immunized chickens as a potential food ingredient. J. Food. Sci. 53:1360-1366.
- Hong, J. W., I. H. Kim, O. S. Kwon, S. H. Lee and J. W. Kim. 2001. Effects of egg yolk antibodies to replace antibiotic in segregated early-weaned pigs. J. Anim. Sci. Technol. (Kor.). 43:177-184.
- Jiang, R., X. Chang, B. Stoll, M. Z. Fan, J. Arthington, E. Weaver, J. Campbell and D. G. Burrin. 2000. Dietary plasma protein reduce small intestinal growth and Lamina propria cell density in early-weaned pigs. J. Nutr. 130:21-26.
- Tsiloyiannis, V. K., S. C. Kyriakis, J. Vlemmas and K. Sarris. 2001. The effects of organic acids on the control of porcine postweaning diarrhoea. Res. Vet. Sci. 70:287-293.
- Chung, J., B. Z. de Rodas, C. V. Maxwell, M. E. Davis and W. G. Luce. 1997. Potential for egg protein and porcine spray-dried blood as a replacement for plasma protein (AP-920) in earlyweaning pig diets. Oklahoma State University, Animal Science Research Report, pp. 151-155.
- Kato, Y. and T. Matsuda. 1997. Glycation of protein inhibitors : loss trypsin inhibitory activity by the bloaking of arginine and lysine residues at their reactive sites. J. Agric. Feed Chem. 45:3826-3831.
- Langlois, B. E., K. A. Dawson, I. Leak and D. K. Aaron. 1988. Antimicrobial resistance of fecal coliforms from pigs in a herd not exposed to antimicrobial agents for 126 months. Vet. Microbiol. 18:147-153.
- Reduced Use of Antibiotic Growth Promoters in Diets Fed to Weanling Pigs: Dietary Tools, Part 1 vol.17, pp.2, 2006, https://doi.org/10.1080/10495390600956946
- Chicken egg yolk antibodies (IgY) as non-antibiotic production enhancers for use in swine production: a review vol.6, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1186/s40104-015-0038-8
- Alternatives to antibiotics as growth promoters for use in swine production: a review vol.4, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1186/2049-1891-4-35