- Volume 17 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effects of Age and Lines on Blood Parameters in Laying Tsaiya Ducks
- Lee, S.R. (Department of Animal Science, National Taiwan University) ;
- Shen, T.F. (Department of Animal Science, National Taiwan University) ;
- Jiang, Y.N. (Department of Animal Science, National Taiwan University)
- 투고 : 2003.11.17
- 심사 : 2004.03.16
- 발행 : 2004.07.01
Three hundred and twelve female Tsaiya ducks from four lines (L1051, L1052, L1053 and L1054) were used in this study to investigate the changes in plasma calcium and inorganic phosphorus levels, blood pH, carbon dioxide partial pressure (pCO
Tsaiya Duck;Blood Parameter;Age;Laying Period
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Science Council
- Cheng, T. K. and T. F. Shen. 1985. The fluctuation of serum total calcium and inorganic phosphorus levels within a single day in domestic laying duck (Tsaiya). J. Chin. Soc. Anim. Sci. 14(3-4):99-103 (In Chinese).
- Hamilton, R. M. G. and B. K. Thompson. 1980. Effects of sodium plus potassium to chloride ratio in practical type diets on blood gas levels in three strains of White Leghorn hens and the relationship between acid-base balance and egg shell strength. Poult. Sci. 59:1294-1303.
- Izat, A. L., F. A. Gardner and D. B. Mellor. 1985. Effects of age of bird and season of the year on egg quality. 1. Shell quality. Poult. Sci. 64:1900-1906.
- Lee, S. R. and Y. P. Lee. 1990. The relationship between behavior and performance of laying brown Tsaiya. Proceedings of 5th AAAP Animal Science Congress, 27 May-1 June, 1990. Taiwan, Vol 3, p. 224.
- Mongin, P. 1968. Role of acid-base balance in physiology of egg shell formation. World’s Poult. Sci. J. 24:200-230.
- Van de Velde, J. P., F. C. Ginkel and J. P. W. Vermeiden. 1986. Patterns and relationship of plasma calcium, protein and phosphorus during the egg laying cycle of the fowl and the effect of dietary calcium. Br. Poult. Sci. 27:421-433.
- Simmons, G. S. and D. J. S. Hetzel. 1983. Time relationships between oviposition, ovulation and egg formation in Khaki Campbell ducks. Br. Poult. Sci. 24:21-25.
- Paul, H. S. and D. C. Snetsinger. 1969. Dietary calcium and phosphorus and variations in plasma alkaline phosphatase activity in relationship to physical characteristics of egg shells. Poult. Sci. 48:241-250.
- Koch, J., E. G. Buss and R. F. Wideman. 1984. Blood ionic calcium responses of hens from thick-shell and thin-shell lines to ethyleneglycol-bis (b-aminoethylether)-N, N'-tetraacetic acid injections. Poult. Sci. 63:172-175.
- Atteh, J. O. and S. Leeson. 1983. Influence of increasing dietary calcium and magnesium levels on performance, mineral metabolism, and egg mineral content of laying hens. Poult. Sci. 62:1261-1268.
- Lee, S. R., S. T. Pan, S. T. Shyu and B. J. Chen. 1991. Study on the cage-feeding system for laying Tsaiya duck(Anas platyrhynchos var. domestica). Taiwan Livestock Res. 24(2):177-185 (In Chinese).
- Chen, P. S. Jr., T. Y. Toribara and H. Warner. 1956. Microdetermination of phosphorus. Anal. Chem. 28:1756-1758.
- Mongin, P. and B. Sauveur. 1979. Plasma inorganic phosphorus concentration during egg shell formation- Effect of the physical form of the dietary calcium. Br. Poult. Sci. 20:401-412.
- Parsons, A. H. and G. F. Combs, Jr. 1981. Blood ionized calcium in the chicken. Poult. Sci. 60:1520-1524.
- Balnave, D., I. Yoselewitz and R. J. Dixon. 1989. Physiological changes associated with the production of defective egg-shells by hens receiving sodium chloride in the drinking water. Br. J. Nutr. 61:35-43.
- Chen, W. L. and T. F. Shen. 1989. Comparative studies on the utilization of calcium between laying Tsaiya duck and Leghorn hen. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 2(2):67-75.
- Roland, D. A. 1979. Egg shell quality. II. Effect of dietary manipulations of protein, amino acid, energy and calcium in young hens on egg weight, shell weight, and egg production. Poult. Sci. 59:2047-2054.
SAS Institute Inc. 1996. SAS
$\circledR$System for Mixed Models. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, North Carolina.
- Wideman, R. F. Jr. and E. G. Buss. 1985. Pecent shell and plasma mineral concentrations in three strains of domestic fowl selected for thick or thin egg shell production. Poult. Sci. 64:388-395.
- Lee, S. R., T. F. Shen and Y. N. Jiang. 2002. Effects of age and lines on blood parameters in growing Tsaiya ducks. J. Chin. Soc. Anim. Sci. 31(3):201-208.
- Ciba-Corning Diagnostics Corp., 1988. Blood Gas System:Operator’s Manual. pp. 2.1-2.11. Medfield, MA.
- Hodges, R. D. 1970. Blood pH and cation levels in relation to eggshell formation. Ann. Biol. Anim. Biochem. Biophys. 10:199-213. https://doi.org/10.1051/rnd:19700618
- Lee, S. R., J. F. Huang, N. S. Sheu, S. Y. Chen, B. J. Chen, Y. N. Jiang, J. J. L. Tai and C. Tai. 1992. Study on the performance of brown Tsaiya duck (Anas platyrhynchos var. domestica). Taiwan Livestock Res. 25(1):35-48 (In Chinese).