- Volume 17 Issue 12
Ninety six growing pigs (
Betaine;Pigs;Growth Performance;Carcass Characteristics
- Fernández, C., L. Gallego and C. J. Lopez-Bote. 1998. Effect of betaine on fat content in growing lambs. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 73:329-338.
- Han, I. K. and J. H. Kim. 1995. The role of carnitine in early weaned piglet.Proceeding of international conference on pig production, Beijing, China, 6-8 July 1998, 9-16.
- Kitt, S. J., P. S. Miller, A. J. Lewis and H.-Y. Chen. 1999. Effects of betaine and space allocation on growth performance, plasma urea concentration, and carcass characteristics of growing and finishing barrows. J. Anim. Sci. 77(Suppl. 1):53(Abstr.).
- NPPC. 2000. Pork composition and quality assessment procedures. NPPC, Des Moines, IA.
- Trout, G. R. and D. A. Gutzke. 1996. A Simple, Rapid Preparative Method for Isolating and Purifying Oxymyoglobin. Meat Sci. 43(1):1-13.
- Verreschi, D. C., R. H. S. Souza, P. V. R. Logato, K. K. Iseki and R. T. Freitas. 2000. Effects of dietary betaine on lipid metabolism of the pacus, Piaractus mesopotamicus, Holmberg (1817) in laboratory conditions. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 126:152.
- Campbell, R. G., D. J. Cadogan and W. C. Morly. 1995. Interrelationships between dietary methionine and betaine on the growth performance of pigs from 65-100 kg. Feedstuffs. 7:12-13.
- Cere, K. R. and A. P. Schinckel. 1995. Carcass and performance response to feeding betaine in pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 73 (suppl. 1):82 (Abstr.).
- Matthews, J. O., L. L. Southern, A. D. Higbie, M. A. Persica and T. D. Bidner. 2001. Effects of betaine on growth, carcass characteristics, pork quality, and plasma metabolites of finishing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 79(3):722-728.
- SAS. 1989. SAS/STAT User's Guide, Version 6.04th. SAS Institute Inc., N. C. Cary.
- Smith, J. W. 1995. The effects of sipplementation growingfinishing swine diets with betaine and (or) choline on growth an carcass characteristics. J. Anim. Sci. 73:83.
- Matthews J. O., L. L. Southern, J. E. Pontif, A. D. Higbie and T. D. Bidner. 1998. Interactive effects of betaine, crude protein, and net energy in finishing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 76(9):2444-2455.
- Hall, D. D. Betafin a tool to improve profitability. Betafin news. 2:4.
- Zhan, X. A. and Z. R. Xu. 1999. Effect of betaine on meat quilty and approach mechanism of the effects in finishing broilers. Journal of Zhejiang University (in chinese) 25(6):611-614.
- Lu, Q., Z. Q. Li and X. Y. Zhou. 2001. Effect of betaine on feed intake,growth and meat quilty and approach to mechanism of effects in colossma sp. Journal of Zhejiang Ocean University (Natural Science). 20:130-136.
- Yancey, P. H., M. E. Clar, S. C. Hand, R. D. Bowlus and G. N. Somero. 1982. Living with water stress: Evaluation of osmolyte systems. Sci. 217:1214-1223.
- Lowry, K. R., O. A. Izquterdo and D. H. Baker. 1987. Efficacy of betaine relative to choline as a dietary methyl donor. Poult. Sci. 66:35.
- Peter, B. 1994. Designer nutrition for pigs: Feeding against backfat. Feed International. 5:38.
- Puchala, R., T. Sahlu, M. J. Herselman and J. J. Davis. 1995. Influence of betaine on blood metabolites of Alpine and Angora kids. Small Rum. Res. 18(2):137-143.
- Schrama, J. W., M. J. W. Heetkamp, P. H. Simmins and W. J. J. Gerrits. 2003. Dietary betaine supplementation affects energy metabolism of pigs. J. Anim. Sc. 81(5):1202-1209.
- Wang, Y. Z. and Z. R. Xu. 2001. Effect of betaine on reparitition of carcass fat in growing and finishing pigs and approach to it's mechanism. Acta Veterinria et Zootechnica Sinca. (in chinese) 32(2):122-128.
- Zulkifli, I., S. A. Mysahra and L. Z. Jin. 2004. Effect of betaine on growth performance and carcass characteristics in growing pigs. Asain-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. vol. 17(2):224-249.
- Lawrence, B. V., A. P. Schinckel, O. Adeola and K. Cera. 2002. Impact of betaine on pig finishing performance and carcass composition. J. Anim. Sci. 80(2):475-482.
- Kim, S. K., K. H. Choi and Y. C. Kim. 2003. Effect of acute betaine administration on hepatic metabolism of S-amino acids in rats and mice. Biochem. Pharmacol. 65(9):1565-1574.
- AOAC. 1984. Official methods of the analysis of the association of official analytical chemists, (Ed. Sindey Williams), 14th ed. USA.
- Sutton, D. S., M. Ellis, Y. Lan, F. K. McKeith and E. R. Wilson. 1997. Influence of Slaughter Weight and Stress Gene Genotype on the Water-holding Capacity and Protein Gel Characteristics of Three Porcine Muscles. Meat Sci. 46(2):173-180.
- Esteve, G E. and S. Mack. 2000. The effect of dl-methionine and betaine on growth performance and carcass characteristics in broilers. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 87:85-93.
- Xu, Z. R. and J. Feng. 1998. Studies on effects of Betain on carcass characteristics in finishing swine.Acta Veterinria et Zootechnica Sinca. (in chinese) 29(5):397-405.
- Effect of graded levels of dietary betaine on ileal and total tract nutrient digestibilities and intestinal bacterial metabolites in piglets* vol.94, pp.6, 2010, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0396.2009.00965.x
- Reconsidering betaine as a natural anti-heat stress agent in poultry industry: a review vol.49, pp.7, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11250-017-1355-z
- Betaine Supplementation Enhances Lipid Metabolism and Improves Insulin Resistance in Mice Fed a High-Fat Diet vol.10, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu10020131
- Betaine in Inflammation: Mechanistic Aspects and Applications vol.9, pp.1664-3224, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2018.01070