- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Cluster Analysis of 12 Chinese Native Chicken Populations Using Microsatellite Markers
- Chen, G.H. ;
- Wu, X.S. ;
- Wang, D.Q. ;
- Qin, J. ;
- Wu, S.L. ;
- Zhou, Q.L. ;
- Xie, F. ;
- Cheng, R. ;
- Xu, Q. ;
- Liu, B. ;
- Zhang, X.Y. ;
- Olowofeso, O.
- Received : 2003.11.18
- Accepted : 2004.04.16
- Published : 2004.08.01
The genomes of Chinese native chicken populations were screened using microsatellites as molecular markers. A total of, 528 individuals comprisede12 Chinese native chicken populations were typed for 7 microsatellite markers covering 5 linkage groups and genetic variations and genetic distances were also determined. In the 7 microsatellite loci, the number of alleles ranged from 2 to 7 per locus and the mean number of alleles was 4.6 per locus. By using fuzzy cluster, 12 Chinese native chicken populations were divided into three clusters. The first cluster comprised Taihe Silkies, Henan Game Chicken, Langshan Chicken, Dagu Chicken, Xiaoshan Chicken, Beijing Fatty Chicken and Luyuan Chicken. The second cluster included Chahua Chicken, Tibetan Chicken, Xianju Chicken and Baier Chicken. Gushi Chicken formed a separate cluster and demonstrated a long distance when comparing with other chicken populations.
Chinese Native Chicken Populations;Microsatellite Makers;Genetic Relationship;Cluster Analysis
- Chen, G. C., D. W. Zhou and L. C. Wu. 1991. Chicken blood studies. Acta. Gene. 18(5):415-423.
- Georges, M., A. B. Dietz, A. Mishra, D. Nielsen, L. S. Sargeant, A. Sorensen, M. R. Steele, X. Zhao, H. Leipold and J. E. Womack. 1993. Mirosatellite mapping of the gene causing weaver disease in cattle will allow the study of an associated quantitative trait locus. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 90:1058-1062.
- Jian, C. S., W. S. Zhu, Y. L. Zhang, S. S. Yu, Y. H. Tao and Y. F. Gu. 2000. Studies on polymorphism of plasma Esterase-1(Es-1) of some native chicken breedings in Guizhou province. 22(8):15-17.
- Pandey, A. K., M. S. Tantia, Dinesh Kumar, Bina Mishra, Preeti Chaudhary and R. K. Vijh. 2002. Microsatellite analysis of the three poultry breeds of India. Asian-Aust. J. Sci. 15(11):1536-1542.
- Zhou, H. J. and S. J. Lamont. 1999. Genetic characterization of biodiversity in highly inbred chicken lines by microsatellite marker. Anim. Gene. 30:256-264.
- Notter, D. R. 1999. The importance of genetic diversity in livestock populations of the future. J. Anim. Sci. 77:61-69. https://doi.org/10.2527/1999.77161x
- Groenen, M. A. M., R. P. M. A. Crooijmans, A. Veenebdaal, H. H. Cheng and M. Siwek, Van der. 1998. A comprehensive microsatellite linkage map of the chicken genome. 49:265-274.
- Botstein, D., R. White, Skolnik and Dawy Riw. 1980. Construction of genetic linkage map in man using restriction fragment length polymorphism. American J. Human Gene. 32:314-331.
- H. Chang. 1995. Digest for Subject of Genetic Resources of Livestock, Beijing: Agricultural Press of China.
- Kim, K. S., J. S. Yeo, J. W. Kim and C. B. Choi. 2002. Genetic diversity of goats from Korea and China using microsatellite analysis. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 15(4):461-465.
- Sambrook, J., E. F. Fritsch and T. Maniatis. 1989. Molecular Cloning: a laboratory manual. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
- Nei, M. 1972. Genetic distance between populations. Anim. Nat. 106:283-292.
- Van-Zeveren A., L. Peelman and A. Van de Weghe. 1995. A genetic study of four Belgain pig population by means of seven microsatellite loci. Anim. Breed Gene. 112(3):191-204.
- Galloway, S. M., L. M. Cambridge and H. M. Henry. 1999. A genetic test to identify carriers of the ovine inverdale fecundity gene. Proceedings of the New Zealand Soc. Anim. Prod. 59:114-116.
- Groene, M. A. M., R. P. M. A. Crooijmans and R. J. M. Dijkhof. 1999. Extending the chicken-human comparative map by placing 15 genes on the chicken linkage map. Anim. Gene. 30:418-422. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.1999.00527.x
- Tautz, D. 1989. Hypervariability of simple sequence as a general source for polymorphic DNA marker. Nuleic Acids Research.17(16):6463-6447.
- On The Application of Fuzzy Clustering for Crime Hot Spot Detection vol.22, pp.1, 2006, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10940-005-9003-6
- Evaluation of genetic diversity of Chinese native geese revealed by microsatellite markers vol.63, pp.03, 2007, https://doi.org/10.1017/S0043933907001511
- Studies on resources of genetic diversity in conservative flocks of geese using microsatellite DNA polymorphic markers vol.39, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11033-011-1327-8
- Determination of Genetic Diversity Using 15 Simple Sequence Repeats Markers in Long Term Selected Japanese Quail Lines vol.29, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.15.0940
- Characterization of the melanocortin-4 receptor gene from Spinibarbus hollandi and the association between its polymorphisms and S. hollandi growth traits vol.83, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-017-1125-x