- Volume 17 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Development of Transgenic Tall Fescue Plants from Mature Seed-derived Callus via Agrobacterium-mediated Transformation
- Lee, Sang-Hoon (Major of Dairy Science, Division of Applied Life Science (BK21), College of Agriculture and Life Science Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Lee, Dong-Gi (Major of Dairy Science, Division of Applied Life Science (BK21), College of Agriculture and Life Science Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Woo, Hyun-Sook (Major of Dairy Science, Division of Applied Life Science (BK21), College of Agriculture and Life Science Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Lee, Byung-Hyun (Major of Dairy Science, Division of Applied Life Science (BK21), College of Agriculture and Life Science Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2004.05.27
- Accepted : 2004.06.12
- Published : 2004.10.01
We have achieved efficient transformation system for forage-type tall fescue plants by Agrobacterium tumefaciens. Mature seed-derived embryogenic calli were infected and co-cultivated with each of three A. tumefaciens strains, all of which harbored a standard binary vector pIG121Hm encoding the neomycin phosphotransferase II (NPTII), hygromycin phosphotransferase (HPT) and intron-containing
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Amoah, B. K., H. Wu, C. Sparks and H. D. Jones. 2001. Factors influencing Agrobacterium-mediated transient expression of uidA in wheat inflorescence tissue. J. Exp. Bot. 52:1135-1142.
- Barnes, R. F. 1990. Importance and problems of tall fescue. In Biotechnology in Tall Fescue Improvement (Ed. M. J. Kasperbauer). CRC, Boca Raton, pp. 1-12.
- Buckner, R. C., J. B. Powell and R. V. Frakes. 1979. Historical development. In: Tall Fescue. (Ed. R. C. Buckner and L. P. Bush). American Society of gronomy, Madison, Wisconsin, pp. 1-8.
- Cho, M. J., C. D. Ha and P. G. Lemaux. 2000. Production of transgenic tall fescue and red fescue plants by particle bombardment of mature seed-derived highly regenerative tissues. Plant Cell Rep. 19:1084-1089.
- Chu, C. C., C. S. Wang, C. C. Sun, C. Hsu, K. C. Yin, C. Y. Chu and F. Y. Bi. 1975. Establishment of an efficient medium for anther culture of rice through comparative experiments on the nitrogen sources. Scienta Sinic. 18:659-668.
- Clough, S. J. and A. F. Bent. 1998. Floral dip: a simplified method for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 16:735-743.
- Dalton, S. J., A. J. E. Bettany, E. Timms and P. Morris. 1995. The effect of selection pressure on transformation frequency and copy number in transgenic plants of tall fescue (Festuca arundinacea Schreb.). Plant Sci. 108:63-70.
- Godwin, I. G., B. F. Lloyd and H. J. Newbury. 1991. The effects of acetosyringone and pH on Agrobacterium-mediated transformation vary according to plant species. Plant Cell Rep. 9:671-675.
- Guo, G., F. Maiwald, P. Lorenzen and H. Steinbiss. 1998. Factors influencing T-DNA delivery into wheat and barley cells by Agrobaterium tumefaciens. Cereal Res. Commun. 26:15-21.
- Ha, S.-B., F.-S. Wu and T. K. Thorne. 1992. Transgenic turf-type tall fescue (Festuca arundinacea Schreb.) plants regenerated from protoplasts. Plant Cell Rep. 11:601-604.
- Hiei, Y., S. Ohta, T. Komari and T. Kumasiro. 1994. Efficient transformation of rice mediated by Agrobacterium and sequence analysis of the boundaries of the T-DNA. Plant J. 6:271-282.
- Ishida, Y., H. Saito, S. Ohata, Y. Hiei, T. Komari and T. Kumashiro. 1996. High efficiency transformation of maize (Zea mays L.) mediated by Agrobacterium tumefaciens. Nature Biotechnol. 14:745-750. https://doi.org/10.1038/nbt0696-745
- Jefferson, R. A. 1987. Assay chimeric genes in plant: the GUS gene fusion system. Plant Mol. Biol. Rep. 5:387-405.
- Murashige, T. and F. Skoog. 1962. A revise medium for rapid growth and bioassays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiol. Plant. 15:473-497.
- Murray, M. G. and P. F. Tompson. 1980. Rapid isolation of high molecular weight plant DNA. Nucleic Acid Res. 8:4321-4325.
- SAS. 1988. SAS/STAT user's guide (Release 6.03). SAS Inst. Inc., Cary, NC.
- Spangenberg, G., Z. Y. Wang, X. L. Wu, J. Nagel, V. A. Iglesias and I. Potrykus. 1995. Transgenic tall fescue (Festuca arundinacea) and red fescue (Festuca rubra) plants from microprojectile bombardment of embryogenic suspension cells. J. Plant Physiol. 145:693-701.
- Trifonova, A., S. Madsen and A. Olesen. 2001. Agrobacteriummediated transgene delivery and integration into barley under a range of in vitro culture conditions. Plant Sci. 162:871-880.
- Wu, H., C. Sparks, B. Amoah and H. D. Jones. 2003. Factors influencing successful Agrobacterium-mediated genetic transformation of wheat. Plant Cell Rep. 21:659-668.
- Yeo, J. S., J. W. Kim, T. K. Chang, D. H. Nam, J. Y. Han and C. B. hoi. 2002. Detection of DNA fragment to differentiate Korean cattle. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 15:1071-1075.
- Zhao, Z.-Y., T. Cai, L. Tagliani, M. Miller, N. Wang, H. Pang, M. Rudert, S. Schroeder, D. Hondred, J. Seltzer and D. Pierce. 2000. Agrobacterium-mediated sorghum transformation. Plant Mol. Biol. 44:789-798.
- REVIEW. Genetics and molecular breeding in Lolium/Festuca grass species complex vol.51, pp.2, 2005, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-697X.2005.00024.x
- Responses of MxPPO overexpressing transgenic tall fescue plants to two diphenyl-ether herbicides, oxyfluorfen and acifluorfen vol.30, pp.5, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11738-008-0177-z
- Enhanced tolerance of transgenic tall fescue plants overexpressing 2-Cys peroxiredoxin against methyl viologen and heat stresses vol.32, pp.4, 2010, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10529-009-0185-0
- Overexpression of a chloroplast-localized small heat shock protein OsHSP26 confers enhanced tolerance against oxidative and heat stresses in tall fescue vol.34, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10529-011-0769-3
- The Status of Setaria viridis Transformation: Agrobacterium-Mediated to Floral Dip vol.9, pp.1664-462X, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2018.00652