- Volume 17 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Estrus Behavior and Superovulatory Response in Black Bengal Goats (Capra hircus) Following Administration of Prostaglandin and Gonadotropins
- Mishra, O.P. (Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Science & A. H.) ;
- Gawande, P.G. (Dept. Vet. Physiology, Vet. College) ;
- Nema, R.K. (Associate Professor & I/C Goat Unit, Vet. College) ;
- Tiwari, S.K. (Dept. Vet. Surgery & Radiology, Vet. College)
- 투고 : 2004.02.12
- 심사 : 2004.06.04
- 발행 : 2004.10.01
The present study was conducted to explore the possibilities of estrus induction and superovulation in a native Indian breed of goats called 'Black Bengal'. Forty-two adult non-pregnant females were divided in two groups, of which 18 goats were subjected to a superovulatory treatment comprising of equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG), Prostaglandin (PGF2
- Akabar, A. M., R. M. Nell and G. D. Niswender. 1974. Metabolic clearance and secretion rates of gonadotropins at different stages of estrus cycles in ewe. Endocrinology 94:1318-1324.
- Armstrong, D. T., A. R. Pfitner, G. M. Warnes, M. M. Ralph and R. . Seamark. 1983. Endocrine response to PMSG and FSH. J. Reprod. Fert. 67:395-401.
Cox, J. F., A. S. Maria, G. Mora and L. Oliquin. 1987. Effect of hCG administration late during the estrous cycle on the ovulatory response of PMSG/PGF2
$\alpha$superovulated goats. Agro. Ciencio 3:129-134 (Cited fro Anim. Breed. Abstract 57:788).
- Chandra, S. 2002. Anticipating a spurt in international Trade. Survey of Indian Agriculture 2002. 151-157.
- Dzuik, P. J. 1971. Obtaining eggs and embryos from sheep and pigs. In: Method in mammalian embryology, (Ed. J. C. Daniel Jr.) SanFranscisco, W. H. Freeman, pp. 76-85.
Debendeti, A., G. L. Fiore and A. Malfatti. 1982. Estrus synchronization in goats by means of treatment with PGF2
$\alpha$and so called 'Buck effect'. Atti Dells Societa Italiana Dello Sci. Vet. 36:192-195.
- Greyling, J. P. C. and C. H. Van Nickerk. 1986. Synchronization of estrus in the boar goat doe: Dose effect of prostaglandin in double injection. South Afri. J. Anim. Sci. 16:146-151.
- Leea, C. S., N. Z. Fanga, D. B. Kooa, Y. S. Leea, G. D. Zhenga, K. B. Oha, W. S. Youna, Y. M. Hana, S. J. Kima, J. H. Limd, S. T. Shind, S. W. Jine, K. S. Leea, J. H. Koof, J. S. Koof, C. S. Parkg, K. S. Leea, O. J. Yoof and K. K. Lee. 2000. Embryo recovery and transfer for the production of transgenic goats from Korean native strain. (Capra hircus aegargrus). Small Rum. Res. 37:57-63.
- McIntosh, J. E. A., R. M. Moor and W. R. Allen. 1975. Pregnant mare serum gonadotropin rate of clearance from the circulation of sheep. J. Reprod. Fert. 44: 95-100.
- Mishra, O. P, J. N. Pandey and P. G. Gawande. 2003. Study on biochemical constitute of caprine ovarian follicular fluid after superovulation. Asian-Aust .J. Anim. Sci. 16(12):1711-1715.
- Nuti, I. C., B. S. Minhas, W. C. Baker, J. S. Capehart and P. Marrack. 1987. Superovulation and embryo recovery of zygotes from Nubian and Alpine dairy goats. Theriogenology 25:481-488.
- Oliveira, M. A., S. I. Guido and P. F. Lima. 2001. Comparison of different protocol used to induce and synchronize estrus cycle of Saanen goats. Small Ruminant Research 40:83-93.
- Otta, R. S., D. R. Nelson, T. F. Lock and J. E. Hixon. 1979. The effect of two levels of PMSG on ovulation in goats. Theriogenology 11:105-109.
- Parera, B. M. A., T. A. Bongso and P. Abeynaik. 1978. Estrus synchronization in goats using cloprostenol. Vet. Rec. 102:314-315.
- Pandiya, S. C. and S. S. Rathore. 1986. Embryo transfer in goats. cm Indian Vet. J. 63:34-36.
- Rajkhowa, N. K., B. Baruaha, P. Chakravarti, B. C. Sarmah and S. . Talukdar. 1992. Study of stage of embryo at 72 h post mating in hCG and PMSG: hCG treated local goats of Assam. Ind. J. Anim. Physiol. 1:15-17.
- Taylor, O. T. W. 1978. Oesrtus synchronization in goat. Vet. ecord 102:340-342.
- Wani, G. M., H. Gelderman and J. Hann. 1985. Oestrus synchronization in goats. Zuchthygiene 20:274-250.
- Westhuysen, V. J. M. 1979. The control of ovarian function in ycling and anestrus Angora goat does. Agro. Animalia 11:23-25.
- Ovulatory Response and Embryo Yield in Jakhrana Goats Following Treatments with PMSG and FSH vol.37, pp.7, 2005, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11250-005-4223-1