- Volume 17 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Estrus Behavior and Superovulatory Response in Black Bengal Goats (Capra hircus) Following Administration of Prostaglandin and Gonadotropins
- Mishra, O.P. (Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Science & A. H.) ;
- Gawande, P.G. (Dept. Vet. Physiology, Vet. College) ;
- Nema, R.K. (Associate Professor & I/C Goat Unit, Vet. College) ;
- Tiwari, S.K. (Dept. Vet. Surgery & Radiology, Vet. College)
- Received : 2004.02.12
- Accepted : 2004.06.04
- Published : 2004.10.01
The present study was conducted to explore the possibilities of estrus induction and superovulation in a native Indian breed of goats called 'Black Bengal'. Forty-two adult non-pregnant females were divided in two groups, of which 18 goats were subjected to a superovulatory treatment comprising of equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG), Prostaglandin (PGF2
Cox, J. F., A. S. Maria, G. Mora and L. Oliquin. 1987. Effect of hCG administration late during the estrous cycle on the ovulatory response of PMSG/PGF2
$\alpha$superovulated goats. Agro. Ciencio 3:129-134 (Cited fro Anim. Breed. Abstract 57:788).
- Greyling, J. P. C. and C. H. Van Nickerk. 1986. Synchronization of estrus in the boar goat doe: Dose effect of prostaglandin in double injection. South Afri. J. Anim. Sci. 16:146-151.
- Leea, C. S., N. Z. Fanga, D. B. Kooa, Y. S. Leea, G. D. Zhenga, K. B. Oha, W. S. Youna, Y. M. Hana, S. J. Kima, J. H. Limd, S. T. Shind, S. W. Jine, K. S. Leea, J. H. Koof, J. S. Koof, C. S. Parkg, K. S. Leea, O. J. Yoof and K. K. Lee. 2000. Embryo recovery and transfer for the production of transgenic goats from Korean native strain. (Capra hircus aegargrus). Small Rum. Res. 37:57-63.
- Nuti, I. C., B. S. Minhas, W. C. Baker, J. S. Capehart and P. Marrack. 1987. Superovulation and embryo recovery of zygotes from Nubian and Alpine dairy goats. Theriogenology 25:481-488.
- Oliveira, M. A., S. I. Guido and P. F. Lima. 2001. Comparison of different protocol used to induce and synchronize estrus cycle of Saanen goats. Small Ruminant Research 40:83-93.
Debendeti, A., G. L. Fiore and A. Malfatti. 1982. Estrus synchronization in goats by means of treatment with PGF2
$\alpha$and so called 'Buck effect'. Atti Dells Societa Italiana Dello Sci. Vet. 36:192-195.
- Rajkhowa, N. K., B. Baruaha, P. Chakravarti, B. C. Sarmah and S. . Talukdar. 1992. Study of stage of embryo at 72 h post mating in hCG and PMSG: hCG treated local goats of Assam. Ind. J. Anim. Physiol. 1:15-17.
- Akabar, A. M., R. M. Nell and G. D. Niswender. 1974. Metabolic clearance and secretion rates of gonadotropins at different stages of estrus cycles in ewe. Endocrinology 94:1318-1324.
- Armstrong, D. T., A. R. Pfitner, G. M. Warnes, M. M. Ralph and R. . Seamark. 1983. Endocrine response to PMSG and FSH. J. Reprod. Fert. 67:395-401.
- Otta, R. S., D. R. Nelson, T. F. Lock and J. E. Hixon. 1979. The effect of two levels of PMSG on ovulation in goats. Theriogenology 11:105-109.
- Westhuysen, V. J. M. 1979. The control of ovarian function in ycling and anestrus Angora goat does. Agro. Animalia 11:23-25.
- Chandra, S. 2002. Anticipating a spurt in international Trade. Survey of Indian Agriculture 2002. 151-157.
- Parera, B. M. A., T. A. Bongso and P. Abeynaik. 1978. Estrus synchronization in goats using cloprostenol. Vet. Rec. 102:314-315.
- McIntosh, J. E. A., R. M. Moor and W. R. Allen. 1975. Pregnant mare serum gonadotropin rate of clearance from the circulation of sheep. J. Reprod. Fert. 44: 95-100.
- Dzuik, P. J. 1971. Obtaining eggs and embryos from sheep and pigs. In: Method in mammalian embryology, (Ed. J. C. Daniel Jr.) SanFranscisco, W. H. Freeman, pp. 76-85.
- Pandiya, S. C. and S. S. Rathore. 1986. Embryo transfer in goats. cm Indian Vet. J. 63:34-36.
- Taylor, O. T. W. 1978. Oesrtus synchronization in goat. Vet. ecord 102:340-342.
- Wani, G. M., H. Gelderman and J. Hann. 1985. Oestrus synchronization in goats. Zuchthygiene 20:274-250.
- Mishra, O. P, J. N. Pandey and P. G. Gawande. 2003. Study on biochemical constitute of caprine ovarian follicular fluid after superovulation. Asian-Aust .J. Anim. Sci. 16(12):1711-1715.
- Ovulatory Response and Embryo Yield in Jakhrana Goats Following Treatments with PMSG and FSH vol.37, pp.7, 2005, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11250-005-4223-1