- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Effect of Chromium Nanoparticle on Growth Performance, Carcass Characteristics, Pork Quality and Tissue Chromium in Finishing Pigs
- Wang, M.Q. (Zhejiang University, Feed Science Institute Ministry of Education) ;
- Xu, Z.R. (The Key Laboratory of Molecular Animal Nutrition Ministry of Education)
- Received : 2003.11.17
- Accepted : 2004.04.16
- Published : 2004.08.01
The study was conducted to evaluate the effect of chromium nanoparticle (CrNano) on growth, carcass characteristics, pork quality, and tissue chromium in finishing pigs. A total of 100 Duroc
Chromium;Nanoparticle;Pigs;Carcass Characteristics;Pork Quality
- Amoikon, E. K., J. M. Fernandez, L .L. Southern, D. L. Thompson, Jr., T. L. Ward and B. M. Olcott. 1995. Effect of chromium tripicolinate on growth,glucose tolerance,insulin sensitivity, plasma metabolites and growth hormone in pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 73:1123-1130.
- Anderson, R. A., N. A. Bryden, M. M. Polansky and K. Gautschi. 1996. Dietary chromium effects on tissue chromium concentrations and chromium absorption in rats. J. Trace Elem. Exp. Med. 9:11-19.
- Anderson, R. A., N. A. Bryden, M. M. Polansky and M. P. Richards. 1989. Chromium supplementation of turkeys: effect on tissue chromium. J. Agric. Food Chem. 37:131-139.
- Boleman, S. L., S. J. Boleman, T. D. Bidner, L. L. Southern, T. L. Ward, J. E. Pontif and M. M. Pike. 1995. Effect of chromium picolinate on growth,body composition, and tissue accretion in pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 73:2033-2042.
- Chang, X., D. N. Mowat and G. A. Spiers. 1992. Carcass characteristics and tissue-mineral contents of steers fed supplemental chromium. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 72:663-671.
- Evock-Clover, C. M., M. M. Polansky, R. A. Anderson and N. C. Steele. 1993. Dietary chromium supplementation with or without somatotropin treatment alters serum hormones and metabolites in growing pigs without affecting growth performance. J. Nutr. 123:1504-1512.
- Jiang, X. P., G. Q. Liu, Y. Z. Xiong, J. T. Ding, K. Z. Xie, J. Q. Zhang and B. Zuo. 2003. Phenotypic and Genetic Parameters for Inosine Acid in Relation to Carcassand Meat Quality Traits in Pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(2):257-260.
- Mooney, K. W. and G. L. Cromwell. 1995. Effects of dietary chromium picolinate supplementation on growth, carcass characteristics, and accretion rates of carcass tissues in growing-finishing swine. J. Anim. Sci. 73:3351-3357.
- Mooney, K. W. and G. L. Cromwell. 1997. Efficacy of chromium picolinate and chromium chloride as potential carcass modifiers in swine. J. Anim. Sci. 75:2661-2671.
- National Research Council (NRC). 1998. Nutrient requirements of swine. 10th Ed. National Academy Press. Washington, DC.
- Q'Quinn, P. R., J. W. Smith, II, J. L. Nelssen, M. D. Tokach, R. D. Goodbland and K. Q. Owen. 1998. Effects of source and level of added chromium on growth performance and carcass characteristics of growing-finishing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 76 (Suppl.2):125 (Abstr.).
- Page, T. G., L. L. Southern, T. L. Ward and D. L. Thompson, Jr. 1993. Effect of chromium picolinate on growth and serum and carcass traits of growing-finishing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 71:656-662.
- Anderson, R. A. 1987. Chromium. In: (Ed. W. Mertz) Trace Elements in Human and Animal Nutrition (5th Ed.). p. 225. Academic Press, San Diego, CA.
- Steele, N. C., T. G. Althen and L. T. Frobish. 1977. Biological activity of glucose tolerance factor in swine. J. Anim. Sci. 45:1341-1345.
- SAS. 1989. SAS/STAT User’s Guide, Version 6.04th. SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC.
- Matthews, J. O., A. D. Higbie, L. L. Southern, D. F. Coombs, T. D .Bidner and R. L. Odgaard. 2003. Effect of chromium propionate and metabolizable energy on growth, carcass traits, and pork quality of growing-finishing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 81:191-196.
- Lindemann, M. D., C. M. Wood, A. F. Harper, E. T. Kornegay and R. A. Anderson. 1995. Dietary chromium picolinate additions improve gain: feed and carcass characteristics in growingfinishing pigs and increase litter size in reproducing sows. J. Anim. Sci. 73:457-465.
- Desai, M. P., V. Labhasetwar, E. Walter, R. J. Levy, G. L. Amidon. 1997. The mechanism of uptake of biodegradable microparticle in Caco-2 cells is size dependent. Pharm. Res. 14:1568-1573.
- Shelton, J. L., R. L. Payne, S. L. Johnston, T. D. Bidner, L. L. Southern, R. L. Odgaard and T. G. Page. 2003. Effect of chromium propionate on growth, carcass traits, pork quality, and plasma metabolites in growing-finishing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 81:2515-2524.
- Florence, D. 1998. Evaluation of nano- and microparticle uptake by the gastrointestinal tract. Advanced Drug Delivery Review. 34:221-233.
- Gang, X., Z. R. Xu, S. H. Wu and S. J. Chen. 2001. Effect of chromium picolinate on growth performance,carcass characteristics,serum metabolites and metabolism of lipid in pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14(2):258-262.
- Giri, J., K. Usha and T. Sunitha. 1990. Evaluation of the selenium and chromium content of plant foods. Plant Foods Hum. Nutr. 40:49-59.
- NPPC. 2000. Procedures to Evaluation Market Hogs. 4th ed. National Pork Producers Council, Des Moines, IA.
- Schwarz, K. and W. Mertz. 1959. Chromium (III) and the glucose tolerance factor. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 85:292-294.
- Efficacy of Chromium(III) Supplementation on Growth, Body Composition, Serum Parameters, and Tissue Chromium in Rats vol.119, pp.1, 2007, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-007-0042-8
- Effects of nutritional modifications on the water-holding capacity of fresh pork: a review vol.124, pp.s1, 2007, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0388.2007.00686.x
- Effects of chromium nanoparticle dosage on growth, body composition, serum hormones and tissue chromium in Sprague-Dawley rats vol.8, pp.5, 2007, https://doi.org/10.1631/jzus.2007.B0323
- Chromium and polyphenols from cinnamon improve insulin sensitivity vol.67, pp.01, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1017/S0029665108006010
- Chromium nanoparticle exhibits higher absorption efficiency than chromium picolinate and chromium chloride in Caco-2 cell monolayers vol.92, pp.2, 2008, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0396.2007.00718.x
- Chromium(III) Nanoparticles Affect Hormone and Immune Responses in Heat-Stressed Rats vol.129, pp.1-3, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-008-8282-9
- Effect of chromium nanocomposite supplementation on growth hormone pulsatile secretion and mRNA expression in finishing pigs vol.93, pp.4, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0396.2008.00836.x
- Efficacy of Dietary Chromium (III) Supplementation on Tissue Chromium Deposition in Finishing Pigs vol.148, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-012-9369-x
- Effects of Chromium-Loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles on Growth, Blood Metabolites, Immune Traits and Tissue Chromium in Finishing Pigs vol.149, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-012-9428-3
- The Effects of Dietary Supplementation with Chromium Picolinate throughout Gestation on Productive Performance, Cr Concentration, Serum Parameters, and Colostrum Composition in Sows vol.154, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-013-9699-3
- Effects of Chromium Methionine Supplementation on Growth Performance, Serum Metabolites, Endocrine Parameters, Antioxidant Status, and Immune Traits in Growing Pigs vol.162, pp.1-3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-014-0147-9
- Dietary nano-chromium tripicolinate increases feed intake and decreases plasma cortisol in finisher gilts during summer vol.46, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11250-014-0673-7
- Effects of supplemental nanoparticle trivalent chromium on the nutrient utilization, growth performance and serum traits of broilers vol.99, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1111/jpn.12215
- Effects of Cr Methionine on Glucose Metabolism, Plasma Metabolites, Meat Lipid Peroxidation, and Tissue Chromium in Mahabadi Goat Kids vol.164, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-014-0190-6
- Effects of Chromium-Loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles on Glucose Transporter 4, Relevant mRNA, and Proteins of Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase, Akt2-Kinase, and AMP-Activated Protein Kinase of Skeletal Muscles in Finishing Pigs vol.178, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-016-0890-1
- Effects of Chromium Methionine Supplementation with Different Sources of Zinc on Growth Performance, Carcass Traits, Meat Quality, Serum Metabolites, Endocrine Parameters, and the Antioxidant Status in Growing-Finishing Pigs vol.179, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-017-0935-0
- Reproductive performance of breeder quails fed diets supplemented with L-cysteine-coated iron oxide nanoparticles vol.52, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1111/rda.12902
- Effects of nanoparticle chromium on chromium absorbability, growth performance, blood parameters and carcass traits of pigs vol.57, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1071/AN15142
- Effect of Chromium Nanoparticles on Physiological Stress Induced by Exogenous Dexamethasone in Japanese Quails pp.1559-0720, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-017-1192-y
- Influence of dietary chromium yeast supplementation on apparent trace elements metabolism in growing camel (Camelus dromedarius) reared under hot summer conditions pp.1573-7438, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11250-017-1462-x
- Effects of dietary chromium supplementation on performance, carcass characteristics, and meat quality of growing-finishing swine: A meta-analysis1 vol.89, pp.12, 2011, https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2010-3495
- Nanotechnology Considerations for Poultry and Livestock Production Systems – A Review vol.18, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1515/aoas-2017-0047
- Metal particles as trace-element sources: current state and future prospects vol.74, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1017/S0043933918000491
- Nanoparticles of chromium picolinate enhance chromium digestibility and absorption vol.89, pp.7, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.3569
- Efficacy of trivalent chromium on growth performance, carcass characteristics and tissue chromium in heat-stressed broiler chicks vol.89, pp.10, 2009, https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.3656
- Effect of supplementing chromium histidinate and picolinate complexes along with biotin on insulin sensitivity and related metabolic indices in rats fed a high-fat diet vol.7, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/fsn3.851