- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Genetic Differentiation between Sheep and Goats Based on Microsatellite DNA
- Sun, W. (Animal Science & Veterinary Medicine College, Yangzhou University) ;
- Chang, H. (Animal Science & Veterinary Medicine College, Yangzhou University) ;
- Ren, Z.J. (Northwest Agriculture University) ;
- Yang, Z.P. (Animal Science & Veterinary Medicine College, Yangzhou University) ;
- Geng, R.Q. (Animal Science & Veterinary Medicine College, Yangzhou University) ;
- Lu, S.X. (Animal Science & Veterinary Medicine College, Yangzhou University) ;
- Du, L. (Animal Science & Veterinary Medicine College, Yangzhou University) ;
- Tsunoda, K. (Showa University, School of Medicine)
- 투고 : 2002.11.14
- 심사 : 2004.02.19
- 발행 : 2004.05.01
The 7 sheep microsatellite markersOarFCB48, OarAE101, MAF33, OarFCB11, MAF70, OarFCB304 and OarFCB128, which were located on chromosomes 2, 4, 6, 9, 17 and 19, were selected to PCR in Hu sheep, Tong sheep and their closely related species,the goat. They were studied with the amplifying result of 7 microsatellite sites of Hu Sheep, Tong Sheep and goats, the data of allele number and range of allele' size of amplifying were analyzed with ANOVA. The results showed that there were no significant differences (p<0.05) in microsatellite DNA sites among 3 populations. Concerning the conservation of microsatellites in closely related species, selecting microsatellite sites located on the chromosome where the Robertsonian fusion was caused between sheep and goat, may be used in research into genetic differentiation and evolutionary relationships between sheep and goats.
Sheep;Goat;Microsatellite DNA;Genetic Differentiation
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Botsein, D., R. L. White and M. Skolnick. 1980. Construction of a genetic linkage map in man using restriction fragment length polymorphisms. Am. J. Human Gene. 32:314-331.
- Buchanan, F. C., L. J. Adams, R. P. Litllejohn, J. F. Maddox and A. M. Crawford. 1994. Determination of evolutionary relationships among sheep breeds using microsatellites. Genomic 22:397-403.
- Crawford, A. M., K. G. Dodds, A. J. Ede, C. A. Pierson, G. W. Montgomery, H. G. Garmonsway, A. E. Beattle, K. Davies, J. F. Maddox, S. W. Kappes, R. T. Stone, T. G. Nguyen, J. M. Penty, E. A. Lord, J. E. Broom, J. Buitkamp, W. Schwaiger, J. T. Epplen, P. Matthew, M. E. Matthews, D. J. Hulme, K. J. Beh, R. A. McGraw and C. W. Beattie. 1995. An autosomal genetic linkage map of the sheep genome, Genetics 140:703-724.
- Guo, Z., X. Li and Y. He. 1996. The data analysis of medical genetics and genetic populated disease. Heilongjiang Scientific Publishers 235-285.
- Mattapallil, M. J. and S. Ali. 1999. Analysis of Conserved Microsatellite Sequences Suggests Closer Relationship between Water Buffalo Bubalus bubalis and Sheep Ovis aries. DNA Cell Biology 18(6):513-519.
- Li, X. L., G. R. Zheng, Y. P. Zhang. 2000. Study on the genetic differentiation among sheep, goat and bharal based on the restriction fragment length polymorphism of mtDNA. Acta Veterinaria et Zootechnica Sinica. 31(4):289-295.
- Sun, W. 2002. Studies on the genetic detection of Hu sheep and Tong sheep [M].NB no reference provided here!
- Bancroft, A. D., J. M. Pemberton and P. King. 1995. Extensive protein and microsatellite variability in an isolated, cyclic ungulate population. Heredity 74:326-336
- Sun W., H. Chang, Z. J. Ren, Z. P. Yang, R. Q. Geng, S. X. Lu, G. B. Chang, W. Xu, H. Y. Wang and K. Tsunoda. 2002. Studies on the genetic relationships of sheep populations from east and south of central asia. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 15(10):1398-1402.
- Nei, M., F. Tajima and Y. Tateno. 1983. Accuracy of estimated phylogenetic trees from molecular data. Journal of Molecular Evolution 19:153-170.
- Wu, D. J. 1999. Situation and prospect of study on linkage map in main domestic livestock genome. Animal Science Abroad. 26(6):21-25.
- Arranze, J. J., Y. Bayon and F. S. Primitivo. 1996. Genetic variation of five microsatellites loci in four breeds of cattle. Journal Agricultural Science. Cambridge 127:533-538.
- Chang, H. 1995. Essentials of Animal Genetic Resources Science. Agricultural Publishing House of China (lst Ed). 19-20:61-71.
- Kimura, M. and J. F. Crow. 1974. The number of alleles that can be maintained in a finite population. Genetics 49:725-738.
- Upholt, W. B. and I. B. Dawid. 1977. Mapping of mitochondrial DNA of individual sheep and goats:rapid evolution in the D loop region. Cell. 11:571-583.
- Barker, J. S. F. 1994. A global protocol for determining genetic distances among domestic livestock breeds. Proc.5th World Congr.Genet.Appl.Livest.Prod. 21:501-508.