- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Bootstrap Analysis and Major DNA Markers of BM4311 Microsatellite Locus in Hanwoo Chromosome 6
- Yeo, Jung-Sou (Institute of Biotechnology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Woo (Institute of Biotechnology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Shin, Hyo-Sub (Institute of Biotechnology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Lee, Jea-Young (Department of Animal Science, Statistics, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2003.09.09
- Accepted : 2004.04.13
- Published : 2004.08.01
LOD scores related to marbling scores and permutation test have been applied for the purpose detecting quantitative trait loci (QTL) and we selected a considerable major locus BM4311. K-means clustering, for the major DNA marker mining of BM4311 microsatellite loci in Hanwoo chromosome 6, has been tried and five traits are divided by three cluster groups. Then, the three cluster groups are classified according to six DNA markers. Finally, bootstrap test method to calculate confidence intervals, using resampling method, has been adapted in order to find major DNA markers. It could be concluded that the major markers of BM4311 locus in Hanwoo chromosome 6 were DNA marker 100 and 95 bp.
Supported by : Korea Research Foundation
- Casas, E., S. D. Shackelford, J. W. Keele, R. T. Stone, S. M. Kappes and M. Koohmaraie. 1999a. Evidence of quantitative trait loci affecting growth and carcass composition traits in cattle segregating the muscle hypertrophy locus. J. Anim. Sci. 77 Supplement(1):126-127.
- Casas, E., J. W. Keele, S. M. Kappes and R. T. Stone. 1999b. A quantitative trait locus for birth and yearling weight segregates on chromosome 6 in Bos Taurus cattle. Plant & Animal Genome Ⅶ Conference, San Diego, CA: p. 150.
- Churchill, G. A. and R. W. Doerge. 1994. Empirical Threshold Values for Quantitative Trait Mapping, Genetics 138:963-971.
- Hirano, T., N. Kobayashi, T. Nakamaru, K. Hara and Y. Sugimoto. 1998. Linkage analysis of meat quality in Wagyu. 26th International Conference on Animal Genetics, Auckland, New Zealand:E019.
- Kim, J. W., T. K. Jang, Y. A. Park and J. S. Yeo. 2000. Linkage mapping of chromosome 6 in the Korean Cattle (Hanwoo). Asian-Aust. Anim. Sci.13 (Suppl.):235.
- Peter, M. Visscher, Robin Thompson and Chris S. Haley. 1996. Confidence Intervals in QTL Mapping by Bootstrapping. Genetics 143:1013-1020.
- Stone, R. T., E. Casas, S. M. Cappes and J. W. Keele. 1999. Status of mapping bovine QTL at the U.S. meat animal research center. Plant-Animal Genome VII Conference, San Diego, CA:W34.
- Efron, B. and R. Tibshirani. 1993. 'An Introdction to bootstrap' CHAMPMAN & HALL
- Good, P. 1994. Permutation Test: A peactical Guide to resampling for testing Hypothesis, Spring-Verlag, New York.
- Phillip, G. 1994. 'Permutation Test' Springer-Verlag.
- Bishop, M. D., S. M. Kappes, J. W. Keele, R. T. Stone, S. L. F. Sunden, G. A. Hawkins, S. S. Toddo, R. Fries, M. D. Grosz, J. Yoo and C. W. Beattier. 1994. A genetic linkage map for cattle. Genetics 136:619-639.
- Georges, M., D. Nielsen, M. Mackinnon, A. Mishra, R. Okimoto, A. T. Pasquino, L. S. Sargeant, A. Sorenson, M. R. Steele, X. Zhao, J. E. Womack and I. Hoeschele. 1995. Mapping quantitative trait loci controlling milk production in dairy cattle by exploting progeny testing. Genetics 139:907-920.
- Kim, M. J., J. Y. Lee, J. S. Yeo, Y. W. Lee and Y. J. Joe. 2003. A major DNA mining of BM4311 in Hanwoo. Proceedings of the Spring Conference, Cheju National Univ. 305-311.
- McPherron, A. C. and S. J. Lee. 1997. Double muscling in cattle due to mutations in the myostatin gene. Proc. Netl. Acad. Sci. USA 23:12457-12461.
- Chotai, J. 1984. On the lod score method in linkage analysis. Ann. Hum. Genet. 48:359-378.
- Ott, Jurg. 1999. Analysis of human genetic linkage, 3rd ed. The Johns Hopkins university press.
- Kim, J. W., S. I. Park and J. S. Yeo. 2003. Linkage Mapping and QTL on Chromosome 6 in Hanwoo (Korean Cattle). Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 16(10):1402-1405.
- Weller, J. I. 1986. Maximum likelihood techniques for the mapping and analysis quantitative trait loci with the aid of genetic markers. Biometrics 42:627-640. https://doi.org/10.2307/2531212
- Lander, E. and D. Bostein. 1989. Mapping mendelian factors underlying quantative traits using RFLP linkage maps. Genetics 121:185-199.
- Knott, S. A. and C. S. Haley. 1992. Aspects of maximum likelihood method methods for the mapping of quantitative trait loci in line crosses. Genet. Res. 60:139-151.
- Rassman, K., C. Scholotterer and D. Tautz. 1991. Isolation of simple-sequence loci for use in polymerase chain reaction base DNA fingerprinting. Electrophoresis 12:113-118.
- Mannen, H. S., F. Tsuji, F. Mukai, N. Goto and S. Ohtagaki. 1993. Genetic Similarity using DNA fingerprinting in cattle to determine relationship coefficient. J. Hered. 84:166-169.
- Roslin Institute 2000. Bovine gene map. URL=http://ri.bbsrc.ac.uk/
- Taylor, J. F., S. K. Davis, J. O. Sanders, J. W. Turner, R. K. Miller and S. B. Smith. 1998. Identification of QTLs for growth and carcass quality in a cross between Bos indicus and Bos taurus. Plant-Animal Genome VII Conference, San Diego, CA:W19.