- Volume 17 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Liquid Boar Sperm Quality during Storage and In vitro Fertilization and Culture of Pig Oocytes
- Park, C.S. (Division of Animal Science & Resources, Research Center for Transgenic Cloned Pigs Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, M.Y. (Division of Animal Science & Resources, Research Center for Transgenic Cloned Pigs Chungnam National University) ;
- Yi, Y.J. (Division of Animal Science & Resources, Research Center for Transgenic Cloned Pigs Chungnam National University) ;
- Chang, Y.J. (Division of Animal Science & Resources, Research Center for Transgenic Cloned Pigs Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, S.H. (College of Visual Image & Health, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, J.J. (Korea Thumb Vet. Co., LTD.) ;
- Kim, M.C. (College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam National University) ;
- Jin, D.I. (Division of Animal Science & Resources, Research Center for Transgenic Cloned Pigs Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2003.12.02
- Accepted : 2004.05.13
- Published : 2004.10.01
The percentages of sperm motility and normal acrosome on the liquid boar semen diluted and preserved at
In vitro Fertilization;Pig Oocyte;Liquid Boar Sperm
Supported by : Korea Science & Engineering Foundation
- Johnson, L. A. 1998. Current developments in swine semen:preservation, artificial insemination and sperm sexing. In: (Ed. S. Dowe, J. Thomson and M. Varley), Proc. 15th Int. Pract. Vet. Sc., Birmingham, UK, Vol. 1. Nottingham University Press, UK, pp. 225-229.
- Martinez, E., J. M. Vazquez, C. Matas and J. Roca. 1996. Are washing and preincubation of boar spermatozoa really necessary to penetrate pig oocytes under in vitro conditions? Reprod. Dom. Anim. 31:317-320.
- Park, C. S., S. W. Han, J. S. Soh, D. I. Kim, H. K. Chung and C. G. Ryu. 1992. Study on fertilizing capacity of liquid boar semen depending on sperm concentration in 5 ml maxi-straw. Korean J. Anim. Sci. 34(2):97-100.
- Pursel, V. G., L. A. Johnson and G. B. Rampacek. 1972. Acrosome morphology of boar spermatozoa incubated before cold shock. J. Anim. Sci. 34:278-283.
- Wang, W. H., K. Niwa and K. Okuda. 1991. In vitro penetration of pig oocytes matured in culture by frozen-thawed ejaculated spermatozoa. J. Reprod. Fertil. 93:491-496.
- Watson, P. F. 1995. Recent developments and concepts in the cryopreservation of spermatozoa and assessment of their postthawing function. Reprod. Fertil. Dev. 7:871-891. https://doi.org/10.1071/RD9950871
- Yi, Y. J., Y. A. Kwon, H. J. Ko and C. S. Park. 2002. Effects of diluent component, freezing rate, thawing time and thawing temperature on acrosome morphology and motility of frozenthawed boar sperm. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 15(11):1553-1558.
- Watson, P. F. 1996. Cooling of spermatozoa and fertilizing capacity. Reprod. Dom. Anim. 31:317-320. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0531.1996.tb00075.x
- Yi, Y. J., H. J. Ko, S. H. Lee, C. B. Yang, D. S. Son, H. K. Kim and C. S. Park. 2004. In vitro fertilization and development of pig oocytes inseminated with boar sperm by different sperm washing media after thawing of the frozen straws. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 17(2):164-167.
- SAS Institute Inc. 1996. The SAS system for Windows, Release 6.12, Cary, NC.
- Abeydeera, L. R. and B. N. Day. 1997. Fertilization and subsequent development in vitro of pig oocytes inseminated in a modified tris-buffered medium with frozen-thawed ejaculated spermatozoa. Biol. Reprod. 57:729-734.
- Weitze, K. F. 1991. Long-term storage of extended boar semen. In: (L. A. Johnson and D. Rath), Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. Boar Semen Preservation, Beltsville, Maryland, USA. Reprod. Dom. Anim. (Suppl. 1), 231-253.
- Hamano, S. and Y. Toyoda. 1986. In vitro fertilization of pig eggs with ejaculated spermatozoa preincubated at high sperm concentration. Jpn. J. Anim. Reprod. 32:177-183.
- Coy, P., S. Ruiz, R. Romar, I. Campos and J. Gadea. 1999. Maturation, fertilization and complete development of porcine oocytes matured under different systems. Theriogenology 5:799-812.
- Suzuki, K., T. Mori and H. Shimizu. 1996. Effect of the duration of preincubation on the ability of pig spermatozoa to penetrated oocyte in vitro. Anim. Sci. Tech. Jpn. 67:24-27.
- Nagai, T., T. Takahashi, H. Masuda, Y. Shioya, M. Kuwayama, M. Fukushima, S. Iwasaki and A. Hamada. 1988. In vitro fertilization of frozen boar spermatozoa. J. Reprod. Fertil. 84:585-591.
- Nagai, T., K. Niwa and A. Iritani. 1984. Effect of sperm concentration during preincubation in a defined medium on fertilization in vitro of pig follicular oocytes. J. Reprod. Fertil. 70:271-275.
- Sellés, J., J. Gadea, R. Romar, C. Matás and S. Ruiz. 2003. Analysis of in vitro fertilizing capacity to evaluate the freezing procedures of boar semen and to predict the subsequent fertility. Reprod. Dom. Anim. 38:66-72.
- Carbohydrate-Mediated Binding and Induction of Acrosomal Exocytosis in a Boar Sperm-Somatic Cell Adhesion Model1 vol.83, pp.4, 2010, https://doi.org/10.1095/biolreprod.110.084319