- Volume 45 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Manufacturing Methods of Broiler Litter and Bakery By-product Ration for Ruminants on Physico-chemical Properties
육계분과 제과부산물을 이용한 반추가축용 완전혼합사료(TMR) 제조 시 가공처리 방법이 물리화학적 특성에 미치는 영향
- Kwak, W.S. (Animal Science, School of Life Resource and Environmental Sciences College of Natural Sciences, Konkuk university) ;
- Yoon, J.S. (Animal Science, School of Life Resource and Environmental Sciences College of Natural Sciences, Konkuk university) ;
- Jung, K.K. (Dept. of Animal and Life Science, College of Natural resources, Yeungnam University)
- 곽완섭 (건국대학교 자연과학대학 생명자원환경과학부 축산학전공) ;
- 윤정식 (건국대학교 자연과학대학 생명자원환경과학부 축산학전공) ;
- 정근기 (영남대학교 자연자원대학 생물자원학부 동물생명과학전공)
- Published : 2003.08.30
This study was conducted to develop effective manufacturing methods of a total mixed ration(TMR) composed of broiler litter(BL) and bakery by-product(BB) for ruminants. Five experiments included a small-scaled manufacture of TMR using a deepstacking method(Exp. 1), its pelletization(Exp. 2), its field-scaled manufacture(Exp. 3), a field-scaled manufacture using an ensiling method(Exp. 4), and a mixing process of deepstacked BL and BB prior to feeding(Exp. 5). BL and BB were mixed at a ratio which makes total digestible nutrients of the TMR 69%. For each experiment, temperature, appearance and physico-chemical properties were recorded and analyzed. The chemical composition data revealed that the mixture of BL and BB showed nutritionally additive balance which resulted from a considerable increase(P<0.05) of organic matter and a desirable decrease(P<0.05) of protein and fiber up to the requirement level for growing ‘Hanwoo’ steers. Deepstacking of BL and BB in Exp. 1 and 3 resulted in a sufficient increase of stack temperature for pasteurization, little chemical losses, appearance of white fungi on the surface, and partial charring due to excess stack temperature. For Exp. 2, its pelleting, which was successful using a simple, small-scaled pelletizer, resulted in a little loss(P<0.05) of organic matter and an increase(P<0.05) of indigestible protein(ADF-CP). Ensiling the mixture in Exp. 4 made little effect on chemical composition; however, one month of the ensiling period was not enough for favorable silage parameters. Deepstacking BL alone in Exp. 5 tended(P<0.1) to decrease true protein : NPN ratio and hemicellulose content and increase ADF-CP content due to the heat damage occurred. Deepstacking or ensiling of BL-BB mixtures and simple incorporating of BB into deepstacked BL prior to feeding could be practical and nutrients-preservative methods in TMR manufacture for beef cattle, although ensiling needed further hygienic evaluation.
Broiler litter;Bakery by-product;Deepstacking;Ensiling;Feed;TMR
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis (15th Ed.). Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, D. C.
- CAST. 1978. Feeding Animal Waste. Council Agric. Sci. Technol. Rep. 75.
- Ensminger, M. E., Oldfield, J. E. and Heinemann, W. W. 1990. Feed and nutrition (2nd ed.). The Ensminger Publishing Company, Clovis, California, USA.
- Fiske, C. H. and Subbarow, Y. 1925. The colorimetric determination of phosphorus. J. Biol. Chem. 66:375-400.
- Golueke, C. G. 1991. Principles of Composting. In The Biocycle Guide to The Art and Science of Composting (Ed. by the staff of Biocycle), The JG Press, Inc. Emmaus, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Kwak, W. S., Fontenot, J. P. and Herbein, J. H. 1998. Effect of processing method on ruminal solubility and degradability of broiler litter. Bioresource Technology 66:13-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-8524(98)00043-1
- Kwak, W. S., Park, J. M., Park, K. K. and Kim, W. Y. 2003. Ruminal dry matter and fiber characteristics of rice hulls-bedded broiler litter compared with rice straw. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. Submitted.
- Milton, C. T. and Brandt, R. T. Jr. 1994. Dried bakery product in high concentrate rations: Finishing steer performance and estimated net energy values. J. Anim. Sci. 72(Suppl. 2):80(abstr.).
- Miyakoshi, Y., Imai, A., Fujitani, Y., Irie, M., Tokumitsu, S., Munekado, K., Hiradshima, Y., Kajikawa, H., Masaki, S. and Abe, A. 1999. Effect of different dietary energy levels in early and middle fattening periods on fattening performance of Holstein steers. Anim. Sci. J. 70:460-470.
- Muller, Z. O. 1980. Feed from Animal Wastes: State of Knowledge. FAO Animal Production and Health Paper. Food and Agriculture Organization of The United Nations, Rome, Italy.
- Naruse, M., Kajikawa, H., Morita, H., Hashiba, K., Maruyama, S., Morimoto, H., Miura, Y., Fujita, K., Fuke, T., Amari, M., Masaki, S., Ozutsumi, K. and Abe, A. 1996. Relationships of dietary and ruminal characteristics to carcass traits in Wagyu steers. Anim. Sci. Technol. 67:146-152.
- National Research Council. 1980. Mineral Tolerance of Domestic Animals. National Academy of Sciences, Washington, D. C., USA.
- National Research Council. 2001. Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle, Seventh Revised Edition, National Academy Press, Washington, D. C., USA.
- Park, K. K., Yang, S. Y., Kim, B. K. and Jung, W. H. 2000. Effects of bedding materials and season on the composition and production rate of broiler litter as a nutrient resource for ruminants. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. 13:1598-1603. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2000.1598
- Rankins, D. L. Jr. 1995. Processing options for broiler litter. Feed Mix 3(1):8-11.
- Rankins, D. L. Jr., Eason, J. T., McCaskey, T. A., Stephenson, A. H. and Floyd, J. G. Jr. 1993. Nutritional and toxicological evaluation of three deepstacking methods for the processing of broiler litter as a foodstuff for beef cattle. Anim. Prod. 56:321-326. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0003356100006358
- Rude. B. J., Rankins, D. L. Jr. and Dozier, W. A. III. 1994. Nitrogen and energy metabolism and serum constituents in lambs given broiler poultry litter processed by three deep-stacking methods. Anim. Prod. 58:95-101. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0003356100007121
- Ruffin, B. G. and McCaskey, T. A. 1990. Broiler litter can serve as a feed ingredient for beef cattle. Feedstuffs 62(15):13-17.
- Statistix7. 2000. User’s Manual. Analytical Software, Tallahassee, FL, USA.
- Sweeten, J. M. 1988. Composting manure and sludge. In: Proc. Nat. Poult. Waste Manage. Symp. pp. 38-44. The Ohio State Univ., Columbus, USA.
- Van Soest, P. J. 1987. Nitrogen metabolism. In Nutritional Ecology of the Ruminant. Cornell University Press, Ithaca, New York, pp. 230-248.
- Van Soest, P. J., Robertson, J. B. and Lewis, B. A. 1991. Methods of dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber, and nonstarch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. J. Dairy Sci. 74:3583. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(91)78551-2
- 곽완섭. 1999. 사료용 고수분 육계분에의 수분흡수제 첨가시 함수율이 혐기발효 특성에 미치는 영향. 한국축산학회지 41(5):537-544.
- 곽완섭. 2000. Biohull(육계분-왕겨) 사료의 고부가가치화 및 동물산업적 활용에 관한 연구. 3차년도 최종보고서, 농림부.
- 곽완섭. 2002. 호기발효와 펠렛 처리가 육계분의 사료영양적 특성에 미치는 영향 및 소형 펠렛기 이용한 육계분 성형 가능성 평가. 한국축산시설환경학회지 8(3):191-198.
- 곽완섭, 박종문. 2003. 육계분 혐기 또는 퇴적발효 사료 제조 시 당밀 첨가 및 펠렛화가 사료영양적 가치 및 사료 적응기의 한우 기호성 개선에 미치는 영향. 한국동물자원과학회지 45(1):87-100.
- 곽완섭, 허정원, 정동관. 1999. 현장규모로 제조된 육계분 발효사료의 일반적 특성 및 위생적 안전성 평가. 한국낙농학회지 21(4):269-278.
- 농촌진흥청. 1992. 한국표준가축사료급여기준(한우). 문영당.
- 이보균, 곽완섭. 1999. 육계분펠렛사료 함유 배합 사료에의 한우 기호성 검사. 건국자연과학연구지 10(1):17-22.