- Volume 24 Issue 3
This qualitative research investigated how to improve preservice and in-service teacher education programs through in-depth interviews with 10 exemplary science teachers. Data from interviews were used to analyze how the teachers perceived current situations of teacher education and what they suggested as an improvement plan. In terms of preservice teacher education, exemplary teachers argued that teacher education programs should (1) ensure the teacher education program's identity and goals, (2) provide preservice teachers with practical knowledge by translating theory into practice, and (3) secure faculty members who majored in science education. In light of in-service education, the teachers contended that (1) teachers should acknowledge the continuing processes of their own professional development, (2) the content and method of in-service training should incorporate teachers' practical needs in the classroom, and (3) the teaching community should implement a clinical supervision to improve their classroom practices. The central role of teacher (re)education in a successful classroom reform is also discussed.
- 한국과학교육학회지 v.14 no.3 중등과학교사 임용시험의 개선을 위한 조사 연구 강순희;박종윤;허명;박승재
- 한국교과교육학회지 v.5 no.2 구성주의 교사교육 프로그램의 일례: 오하이오 주립대학교의 교육학 석사과정 과학 교사양성 프로그램 곽영순
- 한·OECD 교원정책 국제 세미나 자료집 한국 교원정책의 쟁점 및 발전방향에 관한 토론 노종희
- 한국교육과정평가원 연구보고 RRC 2002-4-5 학교교육 내실화 방안연구(Ⅱ): 과학과 교육 내실화 방안을 중심으로 한국교육과정평가원
- Handbook of research on science teaching and learning Research on science teacher education Anderson, R.D.;Mitchener, C.P.;Gabel, D.L.(ed.)
- Presented at the Professional Standards and Status of Teaching Conference Professional Development as the Pursuit of Professional Standards Ingvarson, L.
- 한·OECD 교원정책 국제 세미나 자료집 OECD 국가의 초·중등 교원정책 및 도전 Istance, D.
- Review of Educational Research v.62 no.2 Professional growth among preservice and beginning teachers Kagan, D. M. https://doi.org/10.3102/00346543062002129
- Unpublished doctoral thesis, The Ohio State University Profile change in preservice science teachers epistemological and ontological beliefs about constructivist learning: Implications for science teaching and learning Kwak, Y.
- Educating teachers of science, mathematics, and technology: New practices for the new millennium NRC
- Handbook of research on teacher education(2nd ed.) The role of attitude and beliefs in learning to teach Richardson, V.;Sikula, J.(ed.);Buttery, T.(ed.);Guyton, E.(ed.)
- Constructivist teacher education: Building a world of understanding Richardson, V.
- National Survey of Science and Mathematics Education: Trends from 1977 to 2000 Smith, P. S.;Banilower, E. R.;McMahon, K. C.;Weiss, I. R.
- Review of Educational Research v.68 no.2 A critical analysis of the research on learning to teach: Making the case for an ecological perspective on inquiry Wideen, M.;Mayer-Smith, J.;Moon, B. https://doi.org/10.3102/00346543068002130