- Volume 16 Issue 6
Study on uranium metalization yield of spent pressurized water reactor fuels and oxidation behavior of fission products in uranium metals
사용후핵연료의 우라늄 금속 전환율 측정 및 전환체 내 핵분열생성물의 산화거동 연구
- Choi, Ke Chon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Chang Heon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Won Ho (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2003.09.09
- Accepted : 2003.11.27
- Published : 2003.12.25
Metalization yield of uranium oxide to uranium metal from lithium reduction process of spent pressurized water reactor (PWR) fuels was measured using thermogravimetric analyzer. A reduced metal produced in the process was divided into a solid and a powder part, and each metalization yield was measured. Metalization yield of the solid part was 90.7~95.9 wt%, and the powder being 77.8~71.5 wt% individually. Oxidation behaviour of the quartemary alloy was investigated to take data on the thermal oxidation stability necessary for the study on dry storage of the reduced metal. At
Supported by : 과학기술부
- M. D. Freshly, Nucl. Tech., 18, 141-144(1973).
- E. Jkarell, R. D. Pirce and T. P. Mulcaehy, 'Treatment of oxide spent nuclear fuel using the lithium reduction process', ANL/CMT/CP-89562, 1996.
- S. G. Ro et al., 'Development of advanced spent fuel management process', KAERlfTR994/98, 1998.
- R. J. Me. Eachen, D. C. Doen, D. D. Wood, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 252, 145-149(1998)
- D. Hass and A. Vander Gheynst, Nucl. Tech., 106, 60-82(1973).
- Y. J. Shin et al., 'Development of advanced spent fuel management process,' KAERI/RR-2128/2000, 2000.
- S. Sawai, Y. Iwakoshi, Nucl. Tech., 88, 219-232(1989).
- T. Usami et al., 'Behavior of actinide elements in the Li reduction process(1)', 日本 電力中 央硏究所 報告 T99089, 1999.
- M. Fujie, Y. Shoji and T.Kobayashi, 'Development of lithium process for reprocessing LWR spent fuel', Proceedings ofGLOVAL, '95, p.I448, 1995.
- T. Usami, M. lizuka and T. Koyama, 'Analysis of reduction behavior of oxide fuels by lithium using U02 and simulated materials', Proceedings of GLOVAL, '95, p.1472, 1995.
- C. C. Mcpheeters, R. D. Virce and T. P. Mulcaehy, 'Pyroprocessing oxide spent nuclear fuels for efficient disposal', ANL/CMT/CP84354, 1994.
- C. E. Till and Y. I. Chang, 'The integral fast reactor (lFR)concept', Proceedings of the american power conference 51, 688, Chicago, Illinois, 24-26, 1989.