- Volume 17 Issue 1
Induction of Cdk inhibitor p27 and Inhibition of pRB Phosphorylation by Insamsapye-tang Treatment in Human Lung Cancer A549 Cells
인체 폐암세포에서 인삼사폐탕에 의한 Cdk inhibitor p27의 발현 증가 및 pRB의 인산화 억제
- Lee Min Woo (Department of Internal Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongeui University) ;
- Seo Chang Hun (Department of Internal Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongeui University) ;
- Park Cheol (Biochemistry, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongeui University and Research Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Lee Won Ho (Department of Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Busan National University) ;
- Choi Yung Hyun (Biochemistry, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongeui University and Research Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Park Dong Il (Department of Internal Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongeui University)
- 이민우 (동의대학교 한의과대학 폐계내과학교실) ;
- 서창훈 (동의대학교 한의과대학 폐계내과학교실) ;
- 박철 (동의대학교 한의과대학 생화학 교실 및 한의학연구소) ;
- 이원호 (부산대학교 자연과학대학 생물학과) ;
- 최영현 (동의대학교 한의과대학 생화학 교실 및 한의학연구소) ;
- 박동일 (동의대학교 한의과대학 폐계내과학교실)
- Published : 2003.02.01
We investigated the effects of Insamsapye-tang (ISSPT) water extract on the cell proliferation of human lung carcinoma A549 cells. ISSPT treatment resulted in the inhibition of cell proliferation in a concentration-dependent manner. This anti-proliferative effect of A549 cells by ISSSPT treatment was associated with morphological changes such as membrane shrinking and cell rounding up. DNA flow cytometric histograms showed that population of G1 phase of the cell cycle was increased by ISSPT treatment in a concentration-dependent manner. ISSPT treatment induced the levels of tumor suppressor p53 protein and cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk) inhibitor p27 without significant alteration of cyclins and Cdks expression. In addition, ISSPT treatment resulted in down-regulation of phosphorylated retinoblastoma protein (pRB). However, the levels of p130, the pRB family protein, and transcription factors. E2F-1 and E2F-4. were remained unchanged. The present results indicated that ISSPT-induced inhibition of lung cancer cell proliferation is associated with the blockage of G1/S progression and the induction of apoptosis, and we suggest that ISSPT will be an effective therapeutic agent on human lung cancer.
- 國譯編註 醫學入門 v.4 安秉國(譯)
- 抗癌中草藥彩色圖譜 李軍德
- 東醫寶鑑 許浚
- 中國歷代名醫名方全集 任健
- 녹십자 의보 v.27 분자생물학적 측면에서의 폐암의 발생. 김영환
- Kor. J. Oriental Physiol. Pathol. v.16 The effects of Yunpyesan on cell proloferation, apoptosis and cell cycle progression of human lung cancer A549 cells. Kang, Y.K.;Park, D.I.;Lee, J.H.;Choi, Y.H.
- Kor. J. Oriental Physiol. Pathol. v.17 Induction of apoptotic cell death by Sabaeksan extract in human lung cancer A549 cells. Lee, J.H.;Kang, B.R.;Kam, C.W.;Park, D.I.;Choi, Y.H.
- Kor. J. Oriental Physiol. Pathol. v.16 Cell cycle arrest by Sabaeksan is associated with induction of Cdk inhibitor p21 in human lung cancer A549 cells. Kang, B.R.;Oh, C.S.;Lee, J.H.;Choi, Y.H.;Park, D.I.
- Kor. J. Oriental Physiol. Pathol. v.17 Induction of apoptotic cell death by Insamsapye-tang extract in human lung cancer A549 cells. Park, C.;Lee, M.W.;Kim, W.I.;Lee, W.H.;Park, D.I.;Choi, Y.H.
- Int. J. Oncol. v.21 Tetrandrine-induced ceil cycle arrest and apoptosis in A549 human lung carcinoma cells. Lee, J.H.;Kang, G.H.;Kim, K.C.;Kim, K.M.;Park, D.I.;Choi, B.T.; Kang, H.S.;Lee, Y.T.;Choi, Y.H.
- J. Dongeui Ori. Med. v.5 Molecular biomethods for understanding of anti-cancer mechanism through cell cycle control. Choi, Y.H.
- J. lmmunol. Methods v.1 Investigating the relationship between the cell cycle and apoptosis using flow cytometry. Ormerod, M.G.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.272 Regulation of cyclin D1 by calpain protease. Choi, Y.H.;Lee, S.J.;Nguyen, P.;Jang, J.S.;Lee, J.;Wu, M.L.;Takano, E.;Maki, M.;Henkart, P.A.;Trepel, J.B. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.272.45.28479
- Kor. J. Life Sci. v.11 Significance of cell cycle and checkpoint control. Choi, Y.H.;Choi, H.J.
- Cancer Res. v.60 The Pezcoller lecture: cancer cell cycles revisited. Sherr, C.J.
- Eur. J. Cancer v.35 Control of the cell cycle and apoptosis. Lundberg, AS.;Weinberg, R.A. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0959-8049(99)00292-0
- Trends Mol. Med. v.8 Complexities in the development of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor drugs. Sausville, E.A. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1471-4914(02)02308-0
- Cell v.67 Cyclin A is required for the onset of DNA replication in mammalian fibroblasts. Girard, F.;Strausfeld, U.;Fernandez, A.;Lamb, N.J.C. https://doi.org/10.1016/0092-8674(91)90293-8
- Science v.262 A link between cyclin A expression and adhesion-dependent cell cycle progression. Guadagno, T.M.;Ohtsubo, M.;Roberts, J.M.;Assoian, RK. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.8248807
- Nat. Cell Biol. v.1 Temporal and spatial control of cyclin B1 destruction in metaphase. Clute, P.;Pines, J. https://doi.org/10.1038/10049
- Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. v.6 Cdk inhibitors: on the threshold of checkpoints and development. Elledge, S.J.;Harper, J.W. https://doi.org/10.1016/0955-0674(94)90055-8
- Nature v.374 Principles of CDK regulation. Morgan, D.O. https://doi.org/10.1038/374131a0
- Cell v.75 WAF1, a potential mediator of p53 tumor suppression. EI-Deiry, W.S.;Tokino, T.;Velculesco, V.E.;Levy, D.B.;Parsons, R.; Trent, J.M.;Lin, D.;Mercer, E.W.;Kinzler, K.W. Vogelstain, B. https://doi.org/10.1016/0092-8674(93)90500-P
- Nature v.366 p21 is a universal inhibitor of cyclin kinases. Xiong, Y.;Hannon, G.;Zhang, H.;Casso, D.;Kobayashi, R.;Beach, D. https://doi.org/10.1038/366701a0
- Cell v.80 Tumor suppressor p53 is a direct transcriptional activator of the human bax gene. Miyashita, T.;Reed, J.C. https://doi.org/10.1016/0092-8674(95)90412-3
- Cell v.74 p53-dependent apoptosis modulates the cytotoxicity of anticancer agents. Lowe, S.W.;Ruley, H.E.;Jacks, T.;Housman, D.E. https://doi.org/10.1016/0092-8674(93)90719-7
- Nature v.362 p53 is required for radiation-induced apoptosis in mouse thymocytes. Lowe, S.W.;Schmitt, E.M.;Smith, S.W.;Osborne, B.A.;Jacks, T. https://doi.org/10.1038/362847a0