- Volume 45 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of the Nutritive Value of Local Defatted Rice Bran and Effects of Its Dietary Supplementation on the Performance of Broiler Chicks
국내산 탈지미강의 영양적 가치 평가와 사료 내 첨가가 육계 생산성에 미치는 영향
- Kim, E.J. (Animal Resources Research Center, College of Animal Husbandry, Konkuk University) ;
- Ahn , B.K. (Animal Resources Research Center, College of Animal Husbandry, Konkuk University) ;
- Kang, C.W. (Animal Resources Research Center, College of Animal Husbandry, Konkuk University)
- Published : 2003.10.31
Two experiments were conducted to evaluate the nutritive values of defatted rice bran (DRB) and examine the effects of its dietary supplementation on broiler performances. In Experiment 1, to measure true metabolizable energy (TME), nitrogen corrected true metabolizable energy (TMEn), and true amino acid availability (TAAA), 30g of DRB sample was forced-fed to each of 16 ISA-Brown roosters followed by a 48h collection of excreta. The TME and TMEn values for DRB were 2.19 kcal/g and 2.05 kcal/g, respectively. The mean value of TAAA of the 15 amino acids in DRB was 77.29%. In Experiment 2, a total of 72 Avian broiler chicks were divided into 4 groups with 3 replicates of 6 birds per replicate, and fed one of the experimental diets containing 0, 5, 10 or 15% of DRB. Feed intake, weight gain, feed conversion rate, and body composition were measured for 3 weeks. Although there were no significant differences (P
Defatted rice bran;TMEn;TAAA;Performances;Broiler chicks
- Adrizal, Palo P. E. and Sell J. L. 1996. Utilization of defatted rice bran by broiler chickens. Poultry Sci., 75:1012.
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists, 15th ed.
- Cave, N. A. 1988. Bioavailability of amino acids in plant feedstuffs determined by in vitro digestion, chick growth assay, and true amino acid availability methods. Poultry Sci., 67:78.
- Engster, H. M., Cave, N. A., Likuski, H., McNab, J. M., Parsons, C. A. and Pfaff, P. E. 1985. A collaborative study to evaluate a precision-fed rooster assay for true amino acid availability in feed ingredients. Poultry Sci., 64:487.
- FAO. 1998. FAO Production Yearbook, Vol.41, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome.
- Farrell, D. J. 1994. Utilization of rice bran in diets for domestic fowl and duckling. World's Poultly Sci. J., 50:115.
- Fernandez, S. R., Zhang, Y. and Parsons, C. M. 1995. Dietary formulation with cottonseed meal on a total amino acid versus a digestible amino acid basis. Poultry Sci., 74:1168.
- Kessler, J. W., Nguyen, T. H. and Thomas, O. P. 1981. The amino acid excretion values in intact and cecectomized negative control roosters used for determining metabolic plus endogenous urinary losses. Poultry Sci., 60:1576.
- Kratzer, F. H., Earl, L. and Chlaravanont, C. 1974. Factors influencing the feeding value of rice bran for chickens. Poultry Sci., 53:1795.
- Likuski, H. J. A. and Dorrell, H. G. 1978. A bioassay for rapid determinations of amino acid availability values. Poultry Sci., 57:1658.
- McNab, J. M. and Fisher, C. 1981. The choice between apparent and true metabolizable energy system -recent evidence. pp 45-55 : in Proc. 3rd. European Symposium on Poultry Nutrition, Edinburgh, U.K.
- Moore, S. 1963. On the determination of cysteine as cysteic acid. J. Biol. Chem., 238:235.
- National Research Council. 1994. Nutrient Requirements of Poultry. 9th rev. ed. National Academic Press, Washington, DC.
- Nitis, I. M. 1973. Nutritional evaluation of copra meal and rice pollard for growing chicks. Ph.D. Thesis, University of New England, Armidale.
- Parsons, C. M., Potter. L. M. and Brown R. D. Jr. 1981. True metabolizable energy and amino acid digestibility of dehulled soybean meal. Poultry Sci., 60:2687.
- Ravindran, V. and Blair, R. 1991. Feed resources for poultry production in Asia and the Pacific region. 1. Energy sources. World's Poultly Sci. J., 47:213.
- SAS. 1985. SAS User's guide, Statistical Analysis System Inst. Inc. Cary NC.
- Sibbald, I. R. 1976. A bioassay for true metabolizable energy in feeding-stuffs. Poultry Sci., 55:303.
- Sibbald, I. R. 1979. The effect of the duration of the excreta collection period on the true metabolizable energy values of feedingstuffs with slow rates of passage. Poultry Sci., 58:896.
- Spackman, D. H., Stein, W. H. and Moore, S. 1958. Automatic recording apparatus for use in the chromatography of amino acids. Anal. Chem., 30:1190.
- Taira, H. 1989. Fatty acid composition of Indica-and Japonica-types of rice bran and milled rice. J. Am. Oil. Chem. Soc., 66:1326.
- Titus, H. W., Mehring, A. L., Johnson, D. Jr., Nesbitt, L. L. and Tomas, T. 1959. An evaluation of MCF (micro-cel-fat), a new type of fat product. Poultry Sci., 38:1114.
- Warren, B. E. and Farrell, D. J. 1990. The nutritive value of full fat and defatted Australian rice bran. 1. Chemical compositon. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol., 27:219.
- Warren, B. E. and Farrell, D. J. 1991. The nutritive value of full fat and defatted Australian rice bran. 5. The apparent retention of minerals and apparent digestibility of amino acids in chickens and adult cockerels fitted with ileal cannulae. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol., 34:323.
- Zombade, S. S. and Ichhponani, J. S. 1983. Nutritive value of raw, parboiled, stabilized, and deoiled rice bran for growing chicks. J. Sci. Food Agric., 34:783.
- 김대성, 한인규, 최윤재, 이찬호, 김진욱, 신인수. 1995. 가금에 있어서 특정원료사료의 진정 아미노산 이용률 측정. 한축지 19:12.
- 사료자원 핸드북. 1994. 강피류 사료 pp112.
- 이남형, 김춘수. 1975. 브로일러 초생추에 있어서 강피류 사료의 대사에너지 측정에 관한 연구 (제 4보). 한축지. 17:228.
- 한인규, 백인기, 하종규. 1976. 국산박류의 사료적 가치에 관한 연구. Ⅳ. 육성돈에 대한 국산박류의 사료가치 비교시험. 한축지. 18:420.
- Effects of increasing supplementation levels of rice bran on milk production and fatty acid composition of milk in Saanen dairy goats vol.53, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1071/AN12124