- Volume 45 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Survey of Particle Size of Total Mixed Ration in Korea
국내 TMR의 입자도에 관한 조사 연구
- Ki, K.S. (National Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Kim, H.S. (National Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Jeong, H.Y. (National Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Lee, H.J. (National Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Ahn, B.S. (National Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Kim, J.S. (National Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Kwang, S.W. (National Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Y.K. (Chungnam National University) ;
- Ha, J.K. (Seoul National University)
- 기광석 (축산기술연구소) ;
- 김현섭 (축산기술연구소) ;
- 정하연 (축산기술연구소) ;
- 이현준 (축산기술연구소) ;
- 안병석 (축산기술연구소) ;
- 김준식 (축산기술연구소) ;
- 강수원 (축산기술연구소) ;
- 김용국 (충남대학교) ;
- 하종규 (서울대학교)
- Published : 2003.10.31
This study was carried out to survey operation system of self-making TMR and particle size of self-making and commercial TMR, then to compare TMR particle size recommended by Penn State Particle Size Separator. Daily mixing time in self-making TMR averaged 48.6
TMR;Particle size;Survey;Mixer;Mixing time
- Duncan, D. B. 1955. Multiple range and multiple F test. Biometerics. 11:142.
- Fahey, G. C. and Berger, L. L. 1988. Carbohydrate nutrition of ruminants. Page 269 in The Ruminant Animal: Digestive Physiology and Nutrition. D. C. Church, ed. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- Grant, R. J., Colenbrander, V. F. and Mertens, D. R. 1990. Milk fat depression in dairy cows: role of particle size of alfalfa hay. J. Dairy Sci. 73:1823.
- Jaster, E. H. and Murphy, M. R. 1983. Effects of varying particle size of forage on digestion and chewing behavior of dairy heifers. J. Dairy Sci. 66:802.
- Jud Heinrichs. 1996. Evaluating particle size of forages and TMRs using the Penn State Particle Size Separator. www.das.psu.edu/dcn/catforg/particle/
- Linn, J. G. Management of TMR feeding programs. Feeding Total Mixed Rations to Dairy Cattle. Management of TMR feeding programs. 1995. U. S. Feeding Grains Council.
- Lammers, B. P., Buckmaster, D. R. and Heinrichs, A. J. 1996. A simple method for the analysis of particle size of forage and total mixed rations. J. Dairy Sci. 79:922.
- Martz, F. A. and Belyea, R. L. 1986. Role of particle size and forage quality in digestion and passage by cattle and sheep. J Dairy Sci. 69:1996.
- National Research Council. 1989. Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle. 6th Rev. Ed. Natl. Acad. Sci., Washington, DC.
- Santini, F. J., Hardie, A. R., Jorgensen, N. A. and Finner, M. F. 1983. Proposed use of adjusted intake based on forage particle length for calculation of roughage indexes. J. Dairy Sci. 66:811.
- SAS. SAS/STAT. Software for PC, SAS/STAT user’s guide : Statistics. SAS inst., Cary, NC(1997).
- Shaver, R. D. 1990. Forage particle length in dairy rations. Page 58 in Proc. Dairy Feeding Systems Symp. Northeast Reg. Agric. Eng. Service, Harrisburg, PA.
- Smith, T. R. and Pritchard, D. E. 1983. An overview of. recent developments in individual concentrate feeding equipment and management. Page 150 in Proc. Second NatI. Dairy Housing Conf. Am. Soc. Agric. Eng., St. Joseph, MI.
- Sudweeks, E. M., Ely, L. 0., Mertens, D. R. and Sisk, L. R. 1981. Assessing minimum amounts and form of roughages in ruminant diets: roughage value index system. J. Anim. Sci. 53:1406.
- Uden, P. 1987. The effect of grinding and pelleting hay on digestibility, fermentation rate, digesta passage and rumen and faecal particle size in cows. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 19:145.
- Weston, R. H. and Kennedy, P. M. 1984. Various aspects of reticulorumen digestive function in relation to diet and digests particle size. Page 1 in Proc. Techniques in Particle Size Analysis of Feed and Digesta in Ruminants. P. M. Kennedy, ed. Can. Soc. Anim. Sci., Edmonton, AB, Canada.
- Woodford, J. A., Jorgensen, N. A. and Barrington, G. P. 1986. Impact of dietary fiber and physical form on performance of lactating cows. J. Dairy Sci. 69:1035.
- Woodford, S. T. and Murphy, M. R. 1988. Effect of forage physical form on chewing activity, dry matter intake, and rumen function of dairy cows in early lactation. J. Dairy Sci. 71:674.
- ) on Behavior Pattern of Growing Hanwoo Steers vol.33, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2013.33.4.290
- Effects of Mixing Time for Total Mixed Rations using Corn Silage on Ruminal In situ Dry Matter Degradation and Milk Production in Dairy Cows vol.34, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2014.34.4.288