- Volume 45 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of Conjugated Linoleic Acid(CLA) Feeding Levels and Periods on Textural Property and Fatty Acid Composition of Pork
Conjugated Linoleic Acid(CLA) 급여수준과 급여기간이 돈육의 조직감과 지방산 조성에 미치는영향
- Lee, J.I. (Gyeongnam Province Advanced Swine Research Institute) ;
- Ha, Y.J. (Gyeongnam Province Advanced Swine Research Institute) ;
- Kwack, S.C. (Gyeongnam Province Advanced Swine Research Institute) ;
- Lee, J.D. (Gyeongnam Province Advanced Swine Research Institute) ;
- Kim, D.H. (Regional Animal Industry Research Center, Jinju National University) ;
- Kang, G.H. (Division of Animal Science, College of Agriculture, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Hur, S.J. (Division of Animal Science, College of Agriculture, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Park, G.B. (Division of Animal Science, College of Agriculture, Gyeongsang National University)
- 이정일 (경상남도 첨단양돈연구소) ;
- 하영주 (경상남도 첨단양돈연구소) ;
- 곽석준 (경상남도 첨단양돈연구소) ;
- 이중동 (경상남도 첨단양돈연구소) ;
- 김두환 (진주산업대학교 동물생명산업지역협력연구센터) ;
- 강근호 (경상대학교 축산과학부) ;
- 허선진 (경상대학교 축산과학부) ;
- 박구부 (경상대학교 축산과학부)
- Published : 2003.12.31
To investigate the effects of conjugated linoleic acid added diet feeding on CLA accumulation and quality characteristics of pork meat. The CLA used to add in diet was chemically synthesized by alkaline isomerization method with corn oil. Pigs were divided into 5 treatment groups(4 pigs/group) and subjected to one of five treatment diets(0, 1.25% CLA for 2 weeks, 2.5% CLA for 2 weeks, 1.25% CLA for 4 weeks and 2.5% CLA for 4 weeks, CLA diets; total fed diets) before slaughter. Pork loin were collected from the animals(110 kg body weight) slaughtering at the commercial slaughter house. Pork loin meat were aerobic packaged and then stored during 2, 5, 8, 11 and 14 days at 4
Conjugated Linoleic Acid;Pork;Physico-chemical property
- Beuge, J. A. and Aust, S. D. 1978. Microsomal lipid peroxidation. Methods Enzymol. 52:302-303. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(78)52032-6
- Chen, Z. Y., Chan, P. T., Kwan, K. Y. and Zhang, A. 1997. Reassessment of the antioxidant activity of conjugated linoleic acids. JAOCS. 73:749-753.
- Chin, S. F., Liu, W., Storkson, J. M., Ha, Y. L. and Pariza, M. W. 1992. Dietary sources of conjugated dienoic isomers of linoleic acid, a newly recogenized class of anticarcinogens. J. Food Composition and Analysis. 5:185-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/0889-1575(92)90037-K
- Chin, S. F., Storkso, J. M., Albright, K. J., Cooke, M. E. and Pariza, M. W. 1994. Conjugated linoleic acid is a growth factor for rats as shown by enhanced weight gain and improved feed efficiency. J. Nutr. 124:2344-2349.
- Cook, M. E., Miller, C. C., Park, Y. and Pariza, M. W. 1993. Immune modulation by altered nutrient metabolism: nutritional control of immune induced growth depression. Poult. Sci. 72:1301-1305. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0721301
- de-Deckere, E. A. M., van Amelsvoort, J. M. M., McNeill, G. P. and Jones, P. 1999. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) isomers on lipid levels and peroxisome proliferation in the hamster. Brit. J. Nutr. 82: 309-317.
- Dormandy, T. L. and Wickens, D. G. 1987. The experimental and clinical pathology of diene conjugation. Chem. Phys. Lipids. 45:353-364. https://doi.org/10.1016/0009-3084(87)90072-7
- Du, M., Ahn, D. U., Nam, K. C. and Sell, J. L. 2000. Influence of dietary conjugated linoleic acid on volatile profiles, color and lipid oxidation of irradiated raw chicken meat. Meat Sci. 56:387-395. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1740(00)00067-X
- Dugan, M. E. R., Aalhue, J. L., Jeremiah, I. E., Kramer, J. K. G. and Schaefer, A. L. 1999. The effects of feeding conjugated linoleic acid on subsequent pork quality. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 79:45-51. https://doi.org/10.4141/A98-070
- Eggert, J. M., Belury, M. A., Kempa-Steczko, A. Mills, S. E. and Schinckel, A. 2001. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid on the belly firmness and fatty acid composition of genetically lean pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 79(11):2866-2872.
- Eikelenboom, G., Hoving-Bolink, A. H., van der Wal, P. G., de Vries, A. W. and Vonder, G. 1992. De invloed van de eind-pH op de eetkwaliteit van varkensvlees. IVO-DLO Rapport B-385. Zeist. The Netherlands.
- Feldhusen, F. and Kuhne, M. 1992. Effects of ultra rapid chilling and ageing on length of sarcomeres and tenderness of pork. Meat Sci. 32:161-171.
- Fogerty, A. C., Ford, G. L. and Svoronos, D. 1988. Octadeca-9, 11-dienoic acid in food stuffs and in the lipids of human blood and breast milk. Nutrition Reports International 38:937-944.
- Folch, J., Lees, M. and Sloan-Stanley, G. H. 1957. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues. J. Bio. Chem. 226:497-509.
- Fulghum, J. G., Sebranek, J. G., Jr. Parrish, F. C. and Wiegand, B. R. 1999. Effects of feeding conjugated linoleic acid to market pigs on bacon quality and composition. 1998. Swine Res. Rep., Iowa State Univ., Ames. pp. 231-232.
- Ha, Y. L., Grimm, N. K. and Pariza, M. W. 1987. Anticarcinogens from fried ground beef: heat-altered derivatives of linoleic acid. Carcinogenesis. 8: 1881-1887.
- Ha, Y. L., Ha, H. S., Bahn, K. N., Lee, E. J. and Ha, J. K. 1994. Effects of dietary conjugated dienoic isomers of linoleic acid (CLA) on cholesterol and CLA contents of hen's egg. In 1994 IFT Annual Meeting Technical Program: Jun. 25-29. Altant, GA. USA. 79D 6, p249.
Ha, Y. L., Storkson, J. and Pariza, M. W. 1990. Inhibition of benzo[
$\alpha$]pyrene induced mouse forestomach neoplasia by conjugated dienoic derivatives of linoleic acid. Cancer Res. 50:1097-1101.
- Haumann, B. F. 1996. Conjugated linoleci acid offers research promise. Inform. 7(2):152-159.
- Houseknecht, K. L., Vanden Heuvel, J. P., Moya-Camarena, S. Y., Portocarrero, C. P., Peck, L. W., Nickel, K. P. and Belury, M. A. 1998. Dietary conjugated linoleic acid normalizes impaires glucose tolerance in the Zucker diabetic fatty fa/fa rat. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 244:678-682. https://doi.org/10.1006/bbrc.1998.8303
- Hughes, P. E., Hunter, W. J. and Tove, S. B. 1982. Biohydrogenation of unsaturated fatty acids. Purification and properties of cis,9-transoctadeca-dienoate reductase. J. Biol. Chem. 257, 3643-3649.
- Karmer, J. K. G., Sehat, N., Dugan, M. E. R., Mossoba, M. M., Yurawecz, M. A. and Ku, Y. 1998. Distribution of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) isomers in tissue lipid classes of pigs fed a commercial CLA mixture determined by GC and silver ion-HPLC. Lipids. 33:549-558.
- Kim, C. J., Lee, E. S., Joo, S. T., Kim, B. C., Kang, J. O., Kauffman, R. G., Yoo, I. J., Ko, W. S. and Choi, D. Y. 1996. Chemical, physical and structural characteristics of pork loins from four quality groups. 42nd international congress meat science technology, Lillehammer, Norway.
- Koohmaraie, M., Killefer, J., Bishop, M. D., Shackelford, S. D., Wheeler, T. L. and Arbona, J. P. 1995. Calpastatin-based methods for predicting meat tenderness. In: Ouall, A., Demeyer, D. I., Smulders, F. J. M. (Eds). Expression of tissue proteinases and regulation of protein degradation as related to meat quality. ECCEAMST. Ⅲ. Utrecht. The Netherlands. pp. 395-412.
- Lee, K. S. 1996. Conjugated linoleic acid and lipid metabolism. Ph.D. Thesis at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. p. 77-120.
- Kritchevsky, D., Tepper, S. A., Wright, S., Tso, P. and Czarnecki, S. K. 2000. Influence of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) on establishment and progression of atherosclerosis in rabbits. J. Ame. Colle. Nutr. 19: 472S-477S.
- Lee, K. N., Kritchevsky, D. and Pariza, M. W. 1994. Conjugated linoleic acid and atherosclerosis in rabbits. Atherosclerosis. 108:19-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9150(94)90034-5
- Miller, C. C., Park, Y., Pariza, M. W. and Cook, M. E. 1994. Feeding conjugated linoleic acid to animals partially overcomes catabolic responses due to endotoxin injection. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 198:1107-1112.
- Mossoba, M. M., McDonald, R. E. and Armstrong, D. J. 1991. Identification of minor c18 triene and conjugated diene isomers in hydrogenated soybean oil and margarine by GC-MI-FT-IR spectroscopy. J. Chromatogr. Sci. 29:324-330. https://doi.org/10.1093/chromsci/29.8.324
- Nicolosi, R. J., Courtemanche, K. V., Laitinen, L., Scimeca, J. A. and Huth, P. J. 1993. Effect of feeding diets enriched in conjugated linoleic acid on lipoproteins and aortic atherogenesis in hamsters. Circulation 88 suppl. 2458.
- Nicolosi, R. J., Rogers, E. J., Kritchevsky, D., Scimeca, J. A. and Huth, P. J. 1997. Dietary conjugated linoleic acid reduces plasma lipoproteins and early aortic atherosclerosis in hypercholesterolemic hamsters. Artery. 22:266-277.
- Pariza, M. W. 1997. Conjugated linoleic acid a newly recognised nutrient. Chem. Ind. (London) No. 12, 464-466.
- Park, Y. H., Albright, K. j., Liu, W., Storkson, J. M., Cook, M. E. and Pariza, M. W. 1997. Effect of conjugated linoleic acid on body composition in mice. Lipids 32:853-858. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11745-997-0109-x
- Pettigew, J. E. and Esnaola, M. A. 2001. Swine nutrition and pork quality: A review. J. Anim. Sci. 79(E. Suppl.):E316-E342.
- SAS. 1999. SAS/STAT Software for PC. Release 6.11, SAS Institute, Cary, NC, U.S.A.
- Shantha, N. C., Crum, A. D. and Decker, E. A. 1994. Evaluation of conjugated linoleic acid concentrations in cooked beef. J. Agric. Food. Chem. 42:1757-1760. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00044a035
- Stangl, G. I. 2000. High dietary levels of a conjugated linoleic acid mixture alter hepatic glycerophospholipid class profile and cholesterol-carrying serum lipoproteins of rats. J. Nutr. Bioche. 11: 184-191. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0955-2863(00)00063-2
- Taylor, A. A., Nute, G. R. and Warkup, C. C. 1995. The effect of chilling, electrical stimulation and conditioning on pork eating quality. Meat Sci. 39:339-347. https://doi.org/10.1016/0309-1740(95)90392-M
- Thiel, R. L., Sparks, J. C., Wiegand, B. R., Jr. Parrish, F. C. and Ewan, R. C. 1998. Conjugated linoleic acid improves performance and body composition in swine. J. Anim. Sci. 76(Suppl. 2):57(abstract).
- Tornberg, E., von Seth, G. and Goransson, A. 1994. Influence of ageing time, storage temperature and percentage lean on the eating quality of pork and its relationship to instrumental and structural parameters. Sciences des Aliments. 14: 373-385.
- Yurawecz, M. P., Hood, J. K., Mossoba, M. M., Roach, J. A. and Ku, Y. 1995. Furan fatty acids determined as oxidation products of conjugated octadecadienoic acid. Lipids. 30:595-598.
- 박병성. 1997. 새로운 축산식품 생산을 위한 지질 신소재. 한축축산식품학회지. 17: 118-130.
- 이정일, 주선태, 박태선, 신택순, 하영래, 박구부. 1999. Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)가 축적된 계육의 저장기간중 이화학적 특성 변화. 한국축산식품학회지. 19(1):88-99.
- 이정일, 최진성, 박종대, 박준철, 김영화, 문홍길, 주선태, 박구부. 2001. Conjugated linoleic acid(CLA) 급여가 돈육 품질에 미치는 효과. 동물자원과학회지. 43(5):735-746.