- Volume 45 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of Sequence Variation in Bovine Mitochondrial DNA D-loop Region on Economic Traits for Hanwoo
한우 경제형질에 미치는 Mitochondrial DNA D-loop 영역의 염기서열 변이효과
- Oh, J.D. (Genomic Informatics Center, Hankyong National University) ;
- Yoon, D.H. (National Livestock research Institute) ;
- Kong, H.S. (Genomic Informatics Center, Hankyong National University) ;
- Lim, H.J. (Genomic Informatics Center, Hankyong National University) ;
- Lee, H.K. (Genomic Informatics Center, Hankyong National University) ;
- Cho, B.W. (Department of Animal Science, Miryang National University) ;
- Hong, K.C. (College of Life & Environmental Science, Korea University) ;
- Jeon, G.J. (Genomic Informatics Center, Hankyong National University)
- 오재돈 (국립한경대학교 유전정보연구소) ;
- 윤두학 (축산기술연구소) ;
- 공홍식 (국립한경대학교 유전정보연구소) ;
- 임현진 (국립한경대학교 유전정보연구소) ;
- 이학교 (국립한경대학교 유전정보연구소) ;
- 조병욱 (밀양대학교 동물자원학과) ;
- 홍기창 (고려대학교 생명유전공학부) ;
- 전광주 (국립한경대학교 유전정보연구소)
- Published : 2003.12.31
This study was performed to analyse the sequences of variations of mtDNA D-loop and their effects on carcass traits in Hnawoo(Korean cattle). The resulting sequences were compared with previously published sequences for other cattle breeds(GenBank J01394). The PCR was used to amplify a total of 964 bp between nucleotide 15758 and 383 within D-loop region of mtDNA using specific primers. Twenty five polymorphic sites by nucleotide substitution were found in mtDNA of Hanwoo. The frequencies of positions at 169, 16042, 16093, 16119, 16255 and 16302 nt with high levels of sequence polymorphism were 0.891, 0.117, 0.109, 0.182, 0.197 and 0.117, respectively. The substitution effect at 169 and 16119 nt was found significant on marbling score. Also substitution effect at 169 and 16042 nt was highly significant(p〈0.01) on backfat. thickness. Polymorphism of mtDNA sequence in D-loop region could be useful for the analysis of cytoplasmic genetic variation and associations with the other economically important traits and maternal lineage analysis in Hanwoo.
mtDNA;D-loop region;Sequence variation;Hanwoo
- Anderson, S. Bamkier, A. T., Barrell, B. G., de Bruijin, M. H., L., Coulson, A. R., Drouin, J., Eperon, I. C., Nierlich, D. P., Roe, B. A., Sanger, F., Schreier, P. H., Smith, A. J. H., Staden, R. and Young, I. G. 1981. Sequence and organization of the human mitochondrial genome. Nature 290:457-465. https://doi.org/10.1038/290457a0
- Anderson, S., De Bruljin, M. H. L. and Coulson, A. R. 1982. Complete sequnce of Bovine Mitochondrial DNA. Conserved Features of the Mammalian Mitochondrial Genome. J. Mol. Biol. 156:683-717. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-2836(82)90137-1
- Amano, T., Miyakoshi, Y., Tokada. T., Kikkawa, T. and Suzuki, M. 1994. Genetic varials of ribosomal DNA and mitochondrial DNA between swamp and river buffaloes. Anim. Genet. 25:29.
- Attardy, G. 1985. Animal mitochondrial DNA: An extreme example of genetic economy. Int. Rev. Cytol. 93:93-145.
- Boettcher, P. J., Freeman, A. E., Johnston, S. D., Smith, R. K., Beitz, D. C. and McDaniel, B. T. 1996. Relationships between polymorphism for mitochondrial deoxyribonucleic acid and yield traits of holstein cows. J. Dairy Sci. 79:647.
- Brown, W. M., Prager, E. M., Wang, A. and Wilson, A. C. 1982. Mitochondrial DNA sequeces of primates: tempo and mode of evolution. J. Mol. Biol. 18:225
- Bradly, D. G., Machugh, D. E., Cunningham, P. and Loftus, R. T. 1996. Mitochondrial diversity and the origins of African and European cattle. Proe Natl Acad Sci USA. 93:5131.
- Hutchison Ⅲ, C. A., Newbold, J. E., Potter, S. S. and Edgell, M. H. 1974. Maternal inheritance of mammalian mitochondrial DNA. Nature 251:536-538. https://doi.org/10.1038/251536a0
- Kim, K. I., Yang, Y. H., Lee, S. S., Park, C., Ma, R., Bouzat. J. L. and Lewin, H. A. 1999. phylogenetic relationships of Cheju horses to other horse breeds as determined by mtDNA D-loop sequence polymorphism. Anim Genet. 30:102.
- Kim, K. I., Lee, J. H., Lee, S. S. and Yang, Y. H. 2003. Phylogenetic Relationships of Northeast Asian Cattle to Other Cattle Populations Determined Using Mitochondrial DNA D-Loop Sequence Polymorphism. Biochemical Genetics, 41(3/4):91.
- Mannen, H., Kojima, T., Oyama, K., Mukai, F., Ishida, T. and Tsuji, S. 1998a. Effect of mitochondrial DNA variation on carcass traits of Japanese black cattle. J. Anim. Sci. 76:36.
- Mannen, H., Tsuji, S., Loftus, R. T. and Bradley, D. G. 1998b. Mitochondrial DNA variation and evolution of Japanese black cattle(Bos taurus). Genetics. 150:1169.
- Mannen, H., Kawasaki, J., Ishidal, T., Mukai, F. and Tsuji, S. 2000. Mitochondrial DNA Diversity of Japanese Black Cattle. Anim. Sci. 71:1470.
- Ron, M., Yoffe. O. and Wellet, J. L. 1993. Sequece variation in D-loop DNA of cow lineages selected for high and low maternal effects on milk production. Anim. Genet. 24:186
- Schutz, A. E. Freeman, G. L. and Lindberg, 1993. The effect of mitochondial DNA on milk production and healt Oh dairy cattle. Livestock Production Science. 37:283-295.
- Takeda, K. and Onishi, A. 1995. SSCP analysis of pig mitochondrial DNA D-loop region polymorphism. Anim. Genet. 26:321-326.
- Takada, K., Onishi, A. and Takahashi, S. 1997. Genetic variants of bovine mitochondrial DNA D-loop region in Japanese Black. Japanese brown and Holstein breeds. Anim. Sci. Technol(Jpn). 68:1161.
- Wilkinson, G. S. and Chapman, A. M. 1991. Length and sequnce variation in evening bat D-loop mtDNA. Genetics 128:607-617.
- 윤두학. 2002. 한우의 분자유전학적 특성 구명을 위한 유전적 다양성 분석과 육질관련 표지유전자 개발. 고려대학교 박사학위 논문.
- 이성수, 고서봉, 오운용, 양영훈, 김규일, 조병욱. 1998. 미토콘드리아 DNA D-loop Region의 PCR-RFLP를 이용한 한우, 제주 재래한우와 타 품종과의 유전적 관계 분석. 한국축산학회지 40:335.
- 정의룡, 박정준, 한상기, 1996. PCR 기법을 이용한 소 mtDNA의 RFLP 분석에 관한 연구. 한축지. 38:307.
- 정의룡, 김우태, 김연수, 이정구, 한상기. 2002. 한우 Mitochondrial DNA D-loop 영역의 염기서열 및 유전변이. 한국동물자원과학지 44:181.