- Volume 45 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Metabolizable Energy Requirement of Growing Hanwoo Bulls for Maintenance by Energy Equilibrium Metho
에너지 균형법에 의한 한우 수소의 유지 대사에너지 요구량
- Lee, S. C. (National Livestock Research Institute, RDA) ;
- Thak, T. Y. (National Livestock Research Institute, RDA) ;
- Kim, K. H. (National Livestock Research Institute, RDA) ;
- Yoon, S. G. (National Livestock Research Institute, RDA)
- Published : 2003.02.28
Metabolizable energy requirements for maintenance (MEm) of Hanwoo bulls were estimated in twelves metabolism trials using three different feeds at four stages of body weight(100, 200, 300 and 400kg). Three feeds were composed of 1) concentrates and rice straw, 2) concentrates and mixed grass hay, 3) concentrates and corn silage, respectively. Three energy levels were 1) maintenance (M) requirement, 2) 1.5
Energy requirement;Energy balance;Hanwoo;MEm
- A. O. A. C. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, D. C.
- Agricultural Research Council. 1980. The Nutrient requirements of Ruminant Livestock, Technical Reviews by an Agricultural Research Council Working Party. ARC, Farmham Royal, England.
- Balch, C. C. 1971. Proposal to use time spent for chewing as an index of the extent to which diets for ruminants possess the physical property of fibrousness characteristics of roughages. Brit. J. Nutr. 26:383-392. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19710045
- Barber, K. A., Wilson, L. L., Ziegler, J. H., LeVan, P. J. and Watkins, J. L. 1981. Charolais and angus steers slaughtered at equal percentages of mature cow weight. II. Empty body com- position, Energetic efficiency and comparision of compositionally similar body weights. J. Anim. Sci. 53:898-906. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1981.534898x
- Blaxter, K. L., Clapperton, J. L. and Wainman, F. W. 1966. Utilization of the energy and protein of the same diet by cattle and sheep. J. Agric. Sci. Camb. 67:67-75. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021859600067587
- Brouwer, E. 1965. Report of sub-committee on constants and factors Pages 441-443 in Energy Metabolism. K.L. Blaxter (Ed.), EAAP Publication No. 11. Academic Press, London.
- Carstens, G. E., Johnson, D. E., Johnson, K. A., Hotovy, S. K. and Szymanski, T. J. 1989. Genetic variation in energy expenditures of monozygous twin beef cattle at 9 and 20 month of energy. Energy Metab. proc. Symp. 43:312-315
- Ferrell, C. L. and Jenkins, T. G. 1985. Energy utilization by Hereford and Simmental males and females. Anim. Prod. 41:53-61. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0003356100017542
- Flatt. W. P., Moe, P. W., Moore, L. A. and Van Soest, P. J. 1967. Estimation and prediction of the energy value of feeds for ruminants. In Energy Metabolism of Farm Animals. K. L. Blaxter, J. Kielanowski and G. Thorbek. (Eds), 4th symposium. Warsaw, pp. 59-65.
- Fortin, A., Reid, J. T., Maiga, A. M., Sim, D. W. and Wellington, G. H. 1980. Effect of level of energy intake and influence of breed and sex on muscle grwth and distribution in the bovine carcass J. Anim. Sci. 51:1288-1296. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1981.5161288x
- Geay, Y 1984. Energy and protein utilization in growing cattle. J. Anirn. Sci. 58:766-778.
- National Research Council. 1976. Nutrient requirements of Domestic Animals: Nutrient requirements of beef cattle. 5th ed. Washinton, D.C.
- McDonald, P., Edwards, R. A. and Greenhalgh, J. F. D. 1988. Animal Nutrition. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. New York.
- Osuji, P.O., Gordon, J. G. and Webster, A. J. F. 1975. Energy exchanges associated with eating and rumination in sheep given grass diets of different physical forms. Brit. J. Nutr. 34:59-71.
- Orskov, E. R., Fracer, C. and Kay. R. N. B. 1969. Dietary factors influencing digestion of starch in the rumen and small and large intestine of early weaned lambs. Brit. J. Nutr. 23:217-226.
- Rompala, R. E. and Byers, F. M. 1978. Nutritional regulation of genetic potential for protein and fat deposition in beef cattle. J. Anim. Sci.(Suppl.1). 47:437.
- Solis, J. C., Byers, F. M., Schelling. G. T., Long, C. R. and Green, L. W. 1988. Maintenance requirements and energetic efficiency of cows of different breed. J. Anim. Sci. 66:764-773. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1988.663764x
- Vermorel, M., Bouvier, J. C. and Geay, Y. 1980. Energy utilization by growing calves: Effects of age. milk intake and feed level. Energy Metab. proc. Symp. 26:9-53.
- 農林水産技術會議事務局 : 日本飼養標準牛. (2000년판), 中央畜産會. 2000.
- 이상철. 1991. 한우 수소의 유지 및 증체시 에너지 대사와 단백질 이용효율에 관한 연구. 서울대학교 박사학위 논문.
- 이상철, 탁태영, 김경훈, 윤상기. 2002. 절식대사 시험에 의한 한우 수소의 유지에너지 요구량 결정에 관한 연구. 한국동물자원과학회지, 45(1):113-122.
- 정연후, 이상철, 강수원, 정정수, 정천용. 1992. 한우 육성빈우의 에너지와 단백길 요구량 결정. I. 대사시험에 의한 한우 육성빈우의 에너지와 단백질 요구량 결정. 한축지 34(5):293-300.
- 탁태영, 강태홍, 김강식. 1983. 대사시험에 의한 한우 성빈우 유지시 양분요구량에 관한 연구. 한축지 25(2)117-137.