- Volume 45 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Copper Chelates(Methionine-Cu, Chitosan-Cu and Yeast-Cu) as the Supplements to Weaning Pig Diet
이유자돈의 사료 첨가제로서 Copper Chelates(메치오닌, 키토산, 효모)의 효과
- Kim, B. H. (Department of Animal Science and Technology, College of Industrial Science, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Lim, H. S. (Department of Animal Science and Technology, College of Industrial Science, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Namkung, H. (Department of Animal Science and Technology, College of Industrial Science, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Paik, I. K. (Department of Animal Science and Technology, College of Industrial Science, Chung-Ang University)
- 김병한 (중앙대학교 산업과학대학 동물자원과학과) ;
- 임희석 (중앙대학교 산업과학대학 동물자원과학과) ;
- 남궁환 (중앙대학교 산업과학대학 동물자원과학과) ;
- 백인기 (중앙대학교 산업과학대학 동물자원과학과)
- Published : 2003.02.28
An experiment was conducted to study the effects of the dietary Cu sources on the performance of the weanling pigs. Forty-eight, 24 in each sex, 4 weeks old pigs were assigned to four treatments; control, methionine-Cu chelate, chitosan-Cu chelate or yeast-Cu chelate. Control diet contained 136ppm Cu to which additional 100ppm Cu in different chelated form was added to the respective treatment. Individual pig weight and feed intake of each pen were recorded weekly for 5 weeks. Average daily feed intakes(ADFI), average daily gains(ADG) and ADFI/ADG were not significantly different among treatments. Nutrient availability was not also significantly affected by treatments. Serum triglyceride concentration of chitosan-Cu treatment was significantly lower than those of methionine-Cu and yeast-Cu treatments but was not significantly different from that of the control. Serum cholesterol concentration of yeast-Cu was significantly lower than those of the control and methionine-Cu but was not significantly different from that of chitosan-Cu treatment. Serum HDL-cholesterol concentration was not significantly affected by treatments. Serum IgG concentrations of all copper treatments were significantly lower than that of the control. It was concluded that Cu-chelates supplemented to the basal diet (136ppm Cu) by the level of 100ppm Cu did not significantly affect growth performance of weaning pigs. However, serum parameters of cholesterol, cholesterol and IgG were significantly affected by the treatments.
- Amer, A. M. and Elliot, J. I. 1973. Effects of level of copper supplement and removal of supplemental copper from the diet on the physical and chemical characteristics of porcine depot fat. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 53:139-145. https://doi.org/10.4141/cjas73-021
- Association of Offical Analytical Chemist, 1990. Official Methionineods of Analysis.15thed. Associ- ation of Offical Analytical Chemists, Arlington, VA.
- Braude, R. 1967. Copper as a stimulant in pig feeding(cuprum propecunia). World Rev. Anim. Prod. 3:69.
- Cromwell, G. L. 1997. Copper as anutrient for animals. Pp. 177-202 in Handbook of copper compounds and applications, H. W. Richardson, Ed. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc.
- Cromwell, G. L. 1998. Tribasic copper chloride and copper sulfate as copper sources for weanling pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 76(1):118-123. https://doi.org/10.2527/1998.761118x
- De Rome, L. and Gadd, G. M. 1987. Measurment of copper uptake in Saccharomyces cerevisiae using a Cu2+ selective electode. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 43:283-287. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1574-6968.1987.tb02159.x
- Dréau, D. and Lallès, J. P. 1999. Contribution to the study of gut hypersensitivity reactions to soybean proteins in preruminant calves and early- weaned piglets. Livestock production science. 60: 209-218. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-6226(99)00094-9
- Edmonds, J. S., Izquiendo, O. A. and Baker, D. H. 1985. Feed additive studies with newly weaned pigs: Efficacy of supplemental copper, antibiotics and organic acids. J. Anim. Sci. 60:462-479. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1985.602462x
- Hawbaker, J. A., Speer, V. C., Hays, V. W., Hawbaker, J. H. and Catron, D. V. 1961. Effects of copper sulfate and other chemotherapeutics in growing swine rations. J. Anim. Sci. 20:163.
- Kim, C. H., Choi, J. W., Chun, H. J. and Choi, S. K. 1997. Synthiesis of chitosan derivatives with quaternary ammonium salt and their antibacterial activity. Polymer Bulletin. 38(4):387- 393. https://doi.org/10.1007/s002890050064
- Kochkina, Z. M. and Chirkov, S. N. 2000. Influence of chitosan derivatives on the development of phage infection in the Bacillus thuringiensis culture. Microbiology. 69(2):217-219. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02756202
- Kornegay, E. T.. Thomas, H. R. and Kramer, C. Y. 1975. Effect on subsequnt feedlot performance of rotating or withdrawing dietary antibiotics from swine growing and finishing rations. J. Anim. Sci. 41: 1555.
- Lin, C. M. and Kosman, D. J. 1990. Copper uptake in wild type and copper metallothionein deficient Saccharomyces cerevisiae, J. BioI. Chem. 265:9194-9200.
- Lyons, P. 1986. Yeast: out of the black box. Feed managemant. Vol. 37(10):8-14.
- Mancini, G., Carbonara, A. O. and Heremans, J. F. 1965. Immunochemical quantitation of antigens by single radial immunodiffusion. lmmunochernistry 2:235-254.
- Muzzarelli, R., Tarsi, R., Filippini. O., Giovanetti, E., Graziella, B. and Varaldo, P. E. 1990. Antimicrobial properties of N-carboxybutyl chitosan, Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 34(10): 2019-2023.
- Paik, I. K. 2001. Management of excretion phosphorus, nitrogen and pharmacological level minerals to reduce environmental pollution from animal production. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. 14 (3):384-394. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2001.384
- Paik, I. K., Seo, S. H.. Um, J. S., Chang, M. B. and Lee, B. H. 1999. Effects of Supplemental) copper-chelate on the performance and cholesterol level in plasma and breast muscle of broiler chickens. Asian-Aus. J. Anim. Sci. 12(5):794-798. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.1999.794
- Pesti, E. G. and Bakalli, R. I. 1996. Studies on the feeding of cupric sulfate penthahydrate and cupric citrate to broiler chickens, Poult. Sci. 75: 1086-1091.
- Spring, P. and Privulescu, M. 1998. Mannanoloigosaccharide: Its logical role as a natural feed additive for piglets. Proceedigs of 8th WCAP, Pre-Conference Symposia. pp. 21-27.
- Stahly, T. S., Cromwell, G. L. and Monegue, H. J. 1980. Effects of the dietary inclusion of copper and antibiotics on the performance of weaning pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 51:1347-1352. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1981.5161347x
- Stansbury, W. F., Tribble, L. F. and Orr, D. E. Jr. 1990. Effect of chelated copper sources on performance of nursery and growing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 68:1318-1322.
- 김형기, 문성현, 김우연. 2001. 황산동 첨가배지에서 배양한 효모의 구리함량 조사 유전공학연구논집. 중앙대학교. 14(1):81-86.
- 김희경, 김희선, 강문일, 고홍범, 강종염, 이응호. 1997 자온 설사 유발 대장균에 대한 Chitosan의 항균효과 한수공보지. 21(2):97-105.
- 이윤기, 백인기, 장문백, 손태일. 2001. 고분자량 chitosan mineral chelate의 제조와 사료첨가제로 서의 응용. 식량자원연구소 논문집 중앙대학교. 13(1) 61-68
- 최규석. 1988 천연 chlate 고분자인 chitin의 화학석 처리와 그 금속이온 흡착특성에 관한 연구 Bulletin of Environmental Science. 9:13-22.
- Effects of Copper and Zinc Supplementation on Growth Performance, Nutrient Digestibility, Meat and Carcass Characteristics in Finishing Pigs vol.27, pp.3, 2007, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2007.27.3.284
- Effects of Copper and Zinc Sources on Growth Performance, Nutrient Digestibility, Carcass Traits and Meat Characteristics in Finishing Pigs vol.28, pp.1, 2008, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.1.27