- Volume 45 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Studies on Development of Reticulum and Abomasum with Age, and Their Relationship in Korean Native Young Goats
한국 재래유산양(幼山羊)의 제2위와 제4위의 일령 별 발달과 상호관계에 관한 연구
- Ha, J.K. (Divison of Applied Life Science . Institute of Agriculture and Life Sciences， Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Lee, J.G. (Divison of Applied Life Science . Institute of Agriculture and Life Sciences， Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Chang , H.H. (Divison of Applied Life Science . Institute of Agriculture and Life Sciences， Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kim, B.W. (Divison of Applied Life Science . Institute of Agriculture and Life Sciences， Gyeongsang National University)
- 하정기 (경상대학교 응용생명과학부 . 농업생명과학연구원) ;
- 이정규 (경상대학교 응용생명과학부 . 농업생명과학연구원) ;
- 장홍희 (경상대학교 응용생명과학부 . 농업생명과학연구원) ;
- 김병우 (경상대학교 응용생명과학부 · 농업생명과학연구원)
- Published : 2003.12.31
This experiment was carried out to investigate the relationship of morphological characteristics between reticulum and abomasum of Korean native young goats age from 2 days to 150 days. Number of traits investigated in the reticulum in this experiment were 12[body weight, chest girth, body length, right and left reticulum length(R.L.), upper and lower reticulum length(U.L.), reticulum weight(R.W.), reticulum area(R.A.), upper and lower length of one polygon located at central part of reticulum(U.P.C.R.), right and left length of one polygon located at central part of reticulum(R.P.C.R.), thickness of polygon wall located at central part of reticulum(T.P.C.R.), thickness of polygon wall located at middle part of reticulum(T.P.M.R.), and thickness of polygon wall locared at edge part of reticulum(T.P.E.R.)] and items for abomasum were 12[length of between ostium omaso-abomasicum part and pylosica part in the abomasum(L.B.O.P.), broadest outer part of the abomasum(B.O.A.), weight of abomasum(W.O.A.), area of abomasum(A.O.A.), number of plicae abomasi in the abomasum(N.P.A.A.), thickness of abomasum well at cranial part(ostium omasoabomasicum) in the abomasum(T.A.C.A.), thickness of abomasum well at central part in the abomasum(T.A.P.A.), thickness of abomasum wall at light upper area of pylosica part in the abomasum(T.A.L.A.), length measured from the longest plica abomasi in the abomasum(L.L.P.A.), broadest measured from the longest plica abomasi in the abomasum(B.L.P.A.), area measured from the longest plica abomasi in the abomasum(A.L.P.A.), weight of longest plica abomasi in the abomasum(W.L.P.A.)]. The results were summarized as follows: 1. Number of coefficient of correlation obtained among 12 traits of the abomasum and 12 of the reticulum were 144, and coefficient of correlation of 114 were significant(P〈0.05). 2. Trait of abomasum weight have high correlation with 12 traits of reticulum. 3. Correlation coefficients and regression equation between body weight. VS. abomasum weight(r
Reticulum and abomasum;Relationship;Korean native young goats
- Blaxter, K. L., Hutcheson, M. K., Robertson, J. M. and Wilson, L. L. 1952. The influence of diet on the development of the alimentary tract. Br. J. Nutr. 6:1-11. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19520001
- Brownlee, A. 1956. The development of rumen papillae in cattle fed on different diets. Br. Vet. J. September, 112:369-375.
- Church, D. C., Gordon, Jessup, L. and Ralph Bogart. 1962. Stomach development in the suckling lamb. J. Vet. Res., 23:220-225.
- Flatt, W. P., Warner, R. G. and Loosli, J. K. 1958. Influenec of purified material on the development of the ruminant stomach. J. Dairy Sci:1593-1601.
- Getty, T., Sisson and Grossmans. 1975. The Anatomy of the Domestic Aanimals.(lst. ed.) W. B. Saunders, Philadelphia.
- Godfrey, N. W. 1961. The functional development of the calf. I. Growth of the stomach of the calf. J. Agric. Sci. 57:137-175. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021859600050115
- Hofmann, R. R. 1973. The Ruminant Stomach. East African Monographs in Biology. Vol. 2. East African literature Bureau, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Johnson, E. R., Poppi, D. P., Farrell, D. J. and Lowe, K. F. 1996. Neonatal growth and development of the bovine stomach. Proc. Aust. Soc. Anim. Prud. 21:211.
- Kesler, E. M., Ronning, M. and Knodt. S. C. 1954. Some physical characteristics of the tissue and contents of the rumen, abomasum and intestines in male Holstein calves of various age. J. Anim. Sci., 10:969-974.
- Ramkrishna, v., Hegde, S. G. and Tiwari, G. P. 1999. Correlation studies between the epithelial thickness of digestive tract and length of goat foetus. Indian J. Veterinary Anatomy. 11(1):55.
- Smith, R. H. 1959. The development and function of the rumen in milk-fed calves. J. Agric. Sci., Camb, 52:72-78. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021859600035693
- Tamate Hideo. 1957. The anatomical studies of the stomach of the goat Ⅱ. The post-natal changes in the capacities and the relative sizes of the four divisions of the stomach. Tohoku J. Agr. Res. 8(2):65-67.
- Tamate, H., Megilliard, A. D., Jacobson, N. L. and Getty, T. 1962. Effect of various dietaries on the anatomical development of the stomach in the calf. J. Dairy Sci., 45:408-420.
- Termouth, J. H. and Pryor, J. 1970. The effect of early weaning rations upon the efficiency of growth and carcass production with some observation on the development of forestomach in calves. J. Agric. Sci., Comb. 74:556-565.
- Wardrop, I. D. and Coombe, J. B. 1961. The postnatal growth of the visceral organs of the lamb Ⅰ. The growth of the visceral organs of the grazing lamb from birth to sixteen weeks of age. J. Agric. Sci., 54:140-143. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021859600021523
- Walker, D. M. and Gwen, W. J. 1961. The development of the digestive system of the young animal Ⅴ. The development of rumen function in the young lamb J. Agric. Sci., 57:271-278. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021859600047766
- Warner, R. G., Flatt, W. P. and Loosli, J. K. 1956. Dietary factors influencing the development of the ruminant stomach. J. Agric. Fd. Chem. 4:788-792. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf60067a003
- 강대진, 하정기, 장판형. 1977. 한국재래산양의 산육성에 대한 연구. 경상대학교 논문집, 16(1):103-111.
- 김종섭, 이병오, 박중석, 하정기. 1977. 연령별에 의한 남해안 도서지역 재래산양의 체척 측정치비교. 경상대학교 축산진흥연구소보. 5:7-13.
- 이인호, 김종우, 라광연. 1972. 한국재래산양의 이용에 관한 연구. 제2보. 비육에 관한 연구, 충남대학교 논문집, 11:135-138.
- 이종환, 허찬권, 김종섭, 곽수동. 1994. 한국재래산양의 태아 및 신생아의 제4위 발달에 관하여. 대한수의학회지. 34(2):219.
- 하정기. 1969. 한국재래산양의 산육성에 대한 연구. 한국축산학회지. 11(2):167-170.
- 하정기. 1988. 한국재래산양의 제2위와 제4위 형태의 상호관계에 관한 연구. 경상대학교. 축산진흥연구소보. 15:41-48.
- 하정기, 김병호. 1973. 한국재래산양의 산육성에 대한 연구(2). 경상대학교. 축산진흥연구소보, 1:69-78.
- 허창근, 김종섭, 정순희. 1994. 한국재래산양의 태아 및 신생아의 제2위 발달에 관하여. 대한수의학회지. 34(4):695.