- Volume 45 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Time and Pressure on Quality of Restructured Pork using TGase
TGase를 사용하여 재구성돈육 제조시 결착시간과 압력조건이 품질에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Young-Boong (Korea Food Research Institute) ;
- Rho, Jeong-Hae (Korea Food Research Institute) ;
- Park, Eun-Hye (Korea Food Research Institute)
- Published : 2003.02.28
This study was performed to compare the effects of binding time(2hr, 4hr, 6hr and 16hr) and pressing condition (1kg, 3kg, 5kg and 10kg) on manufacturing restructured pork. Meat color, in terms of L, a, b showed no significant difference by treatment of binding time. Five kg pressing resulted in the highest red value(P<0.05). In tensile strength, 6 hour treatment showed significant difference ranging in 202.1g for raw restructured pork and 389.0g for cooked restructured pork. Five kg pressing showed the highest tensile strength, 114.6 for raw restructured pork and 303.3 for cooked restructured pork. In hardness, springiness, cohesiveness and chewiness, raw and cooked restructured pork showed insignificant difference regardless of pressing time. In sensory evaluation, four hour treated raw restructured pork showed the highest values of color, binding degree, shape, acceptance, while four or six hour treated restructured pork showed the highest values in cooked restructured pork. Therefore the optimal conditions for manufacturing restructured pork using TGase were four through six hour pressing with 5kg pressure.
Restructured pork;Binding time;Press weight
- Berry, B. W., Smith, J. J. and Secrist, J. L. 1987. Effects of flake size on textural and cooking properties of restructured beef and pork steaks. J. Food Sci. 52(3):558.
- Brahim, P. T. 1990. Muscle as food. Academic press, INC.
- Chiya, K., Jiro, S., Katsutoshi, Y., Yasuyuki, S,, Chiho, K. and Takahiko, S. 1997. Production of restructured meat using microbial transglutaminase without salt or cooking. J. Food Sci. 62:488.
- Demos, B. P., Forrest, J. C., Grant, A. L., Judge, M. D. and Chen, L. F. 1994. Low-fat, no added salt in restructured beef steaks with various binders, J. Muscle Foods. 5:407.
- Donnelly, S. M. and Purslow, P. P. 1987. A comparison between tensile and shear adhesive strength of meat-myosin junctions. Meat Sci. 21:145.
- Garcia-Zepeda, C. M., Kastner, C. L., Kropf, D. H., Hunt, M. C., Kenney, P. B., Schwenke, J. R. and Schleusener, D. S. 1993. Utilization of surimi-like products from pork with sex-odor in restructured, precooked pork roast. J. Food Sci. 58(1):53.
- Kenny, P. B., Kastner, C. L. and Kroff, D. H. 1992. Muscle washing and raw material source affect quality and physicochemical properties of low-salt, low-fat restructured beef. J. Food. Sci. 57(3):545 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1992.tb08039.x
- Lamkey, J. W., Mandigo, R. W. and Calkins, C. R. 1986. Effect of salt and phosphate on the texture and color stability of restructured beef steaks. J. Food Sci. 51:873.
- Lanier, T. C. 1985. Fish protein in processed meats. Proc. Recip. Meats Conf. 38:129.
- Miller, M. F., Davis, G. W., Seideman, S. C., Ramsey, C. B. and Rolan, T. L. 1986. Effects of various phosphates on the palatability, appearance and storage traits of flaked and formed restructured beef steaks. J. Food Sci. 51(6):1435 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1986.tb13827.x
- Muzilla, M., Unklesbay, N., Unklesbay, K. and Helsel, Z. 1990. Effect of moisture content on density, heat capacity and conductivity of restructured pork/soy hull mixtures. J. Food Sci. 55(6):1491.
- Purslow, P. P., Donnelly, S. M. and Savage, A. W. J. 1987. Variations in the tensile adhesive strength of meat-myosin junctions due to test configurations. Meat Sci. 19:227.
- SAS. 1999. SAS user's guide: Statistics, SAS Inst, Inc., Cary, NC.
- Schaakc. S. L., Means, W. J., Moody, W. G., Boyle, E. A. and Aron, D. K. 1993. Boning methods and binders affect bind and sensory characteristics of structured beef. J. Food Sci. 58(6):1231.
- Seideman, S. C. Durland, P. R., Quenzer, N. M. and Carlson, C. W. 1982. The Effect of varying levels raw and precooked spent fowl muscle in the manufacture of restructred steaks. Poultry Sci. 61:885.
- Trout, G. R. and Schmidt, G. R. 1984. Effect of phosphate type and concentration, salt level and method of preparation on binding in restructured beef rolls. J. Food Sci. 49:687.