- Volume 45 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Relationships of Plasma Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF)-I and IGF-II Concentrations to Litter Size
Landrace와 Yorkshire 돼지에서 혈장의 Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF)-I과 IGF-II 농도와 산자수 및 비유성적과의 관계
- Lee, C. Y. (Regional Animal Industry Research Center, Jinju National University) ;
- Baik, K. H. (Regional Animal Industry Research Center, Jinju National University) ;
- Lee, D. H. (Department of Life Science, University of Seoul) ;
- Park, H. C. (Swine Breeding Center of National Agricultural Cooperatives Federation)
- 이철영 (진주산업대학교 동물생명산업 지역협력연구센터) ;
- 백규흠 (진주산업대학교 동물생명산업 지역협력연구센터) ;
- 이동희 (서울시립대학교 생명과학과) ;
- 박화춘 (농협중앙회 종돈사업소)
- Published : 2003.02.28
The present study was undertaken to find relationships of plasma insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF-II concentrations to litter size and lactation performance. Sixty pure-bred Landrace and Yorkshire pigs having similar farrowing weeks which had been selected from a large number of pregnant gilts and sows were divided into low- (<
- Blair, H. T., McCutcheon, S. N., Mackenzie, D. D., Gluckman, P. D. and Ormsby, J. E. 1987. Variation in plasma concentration of insulin-like growth factor-1 and its covariation with liveweight in mice. Aust. J. Biol. Sci. 40:287-293. https://doi.org/10.1071/BI9870287
- Blair, H. T., McCutcheon, S. N., Mackenzie, D. D., Gluckman, P. D., Ormsby, J. E. and Breier, B. H. 1989. Responses to divergent selection for plasma concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-1 in mice. Genet. Res. 53:187-191. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0016672300028159
- Cohick, W. S. 1998. Role of the insulin-like growth factors and their binding proteins in lactation. J. Dairy Sci. 81:1769-1777. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(98)75746-7
- Cox, N. M. 1997. Control of follicular develop- ment and ovulation in pigs. J. Reprod. Fertil. 52(suppl.):31-46.
- Daughaday, W. H., Mariz, I. K. and Blethen, S. L. 1980. Inhibition of access of bound somato- medin to membrane receptor and immunobinding sites: a comparison of radioreceptor and radioim-munoassays of somatomedin in native and acid-ethanol-extracted serum. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 51:781-788. https://doi.org/10.1210/jcem-51-4-781
- Feng, X. and Culbertson, M. 1997. General Reduced Animal Model BLUP. Department of Animal Science, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA.
- Gargosky, S. E., Moyse, K. J., Walton, P. E., Owens, J. A., Wallace, J. C., Robinson, J. S. and Owens, P. C. 1990a. Circulating levels of insulin-like growth factors increase and molecular forms of their serum binding proteins change with human pregnancy. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Com- mun. 170:1157-1163.
- Gargosky, S. E., Walton, P. E., Owens, P. C., Wallace, J. C. and Ballard, F. J. 1990b. Insulin- like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and IGF-binding proteins both decline in the rat during late pregnancy. J. Endocrinol. 127:383-390.
- Hess-Dudan, F., Vacher, P. Y., Bruckmaier, R. M., Weishaupt, M. A., Burger, D. and Blum, J. W. 1994. Immunoreactive insulin-like growth factor I and insulin in blood plasma and milk of mares and in blood plasma of foals. Equine Vet. J. 26:134-139. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2042-3306.1994.tb04352.x
- Hossner, K. L., Holland, M. D., Williams, S. E., Wallace, C. R., Niswender, G. D. and Odde, K. G. 1997. Serum concentrations of insulin-like growth factors and placental lactogen during gestation in cattle. II. Maternal profiles. Domest. Anim. Endocrinol. 14:316-324. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0739-7240(97)00026-X
- Koea, J. B.. Breier, B. H. Shaw, J. H. F. and Gluckman, P. D. 1992. A possible role for IGF-lI: evidence in sheep for in vivo regulation of IGF-I mediated protein anabolism. Endocrinology 130:2423-2425.
- Kroonsberg, C., McCutcheon, S. N., Siddiqui, R. A., Mackenzie, D. D., Blair, H. T., Ormsby, J. E., Breier, B. H. and Gluckman, P. D. 1989. Reproductive performance and fetal growth in female mice from lines divergently selected on the basis of plasma IGF-I concentrations. J. Reprod. Fertil. 87:349-353. https://doi.org/10.1530/jrf.0.0870349
- Lacasse, P.. Block, E. and Petitclerc, D. 1994. Effect of plane of nutrition before and during gestation on the concentration of hormones in dairy heifers. J. Dairy Sci. 77:439-445.
- Lamberson, W. R., Safranski, T. J.. Bates, R. O., Keisler, D. H. and Matteri, R. L. 1995. Relationships of serum insulin-like growth factor I concentrations to growth, composition. and reproductive traits of swine. J. Anim. Sci. 73:3241-3245. https://doi.org/10.2527/1995.73113241x
- Lamberson, W. R., Sterle. J. A. and Matteri, R. L. 1996. Relationships of serum insulin-like growth factor II concentrations to growth, compositional, and reproductive traits of swine. J. Anim. Sci. 74:1753-1756. https://doi.org/10.2527/1996.7481753x
- Lee, C. Y. 1996. Roles of the insulin-like growth factor system in the reproductive function: uterine connection. Kor. J. Fertil. Steril. 23:247-268.
- Lee, C. Y. 1997. The role of the insulin-like growth factor system during the periimplantation period. Kor. J. Emb. Trans. 12:229-246.
- Lee, C. Y. 2000. The insulin-like growth factor system at the interface of growth. metabolism and nutrition. J. Anim. Sci. Technol, (Kor.) 42:795-816.
- Lee, CY. Bazer, F. W. and Simmen, F. A. 1993. Expression of components of the insulin-like growth factor system in pig mammary glands and serum during pregnancy and pseudopregnancy: effects of oestrogen. J Endocrinol, 137:473-483.
- Lee, C. Y. and Chung, C. S. 2000. Developmental patterns of circulating concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-I(lCiF-I) and IGF-binding protein-3(1GFBP-3) in growing gilts and barrows: purification of IGFBP-3. development of IGFBP-3 and IGF-I RIAs and their utilization. J. Anim. Sci. Technol, (Kor.) 46:817-826.
- Lee, C. Y. and Henricks, D. M. 1990. Comparisons of various acidic treatments of bovine serum on insulin-like growth factor-l immunoreactivity and binding activity. J. Endocrinol. 127:139-148. https://doi.org/10.1677/joe.0.1270139
- Lee, C. Y., Lee, H. P., Jeong. J. H., Baik, K. H., Jin, S. K., Lee, J. H. and Sohn, S. H. 2002. Effects of restricted feeding. low-energy diet. and implantation of trenbolone acetate plus estradiol on growth, carcass traits. and circulating concentrations of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF-binding protein-3 in finishing barrows, J. Anim. Sci. 80:84-93. https://doi.org/10.2527/2002.80184x
- Owens, P. C., Gatford, K. L., Walton, P. E., Morley, W. and Campbell, R. G. 1999. The relationship between endogenous insulin-like growth factors and growth in pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 77:2098-2103. https://doi.org/10.2527/1999.7782098x
- Van Vliet, G., Styne, D. M., Kaplan, S. L. and Grumbach, M. M. 1983. Hormone ontogeny in the ovine fetus. XVI. Plasma immunoreactive somatomedin C/insulin-like growth factor I in the fetal and neonatal lamb and in the pregnant ewe. Endocrinology 113:1716-1720. https://doi.org/10.1210/endo-113-5-1716
- Yang, S. H., Seo, D. S., Park, H. B., Kim, K. D., Kang, C. W., Choi, K. S.. Park, S. S.. Park, S. S.. Hong, K. C. and Ko, Y. 1999. Studies on the possible relationship of porcine serum insulin-like growth factor-l with litter size. Kor. J. Anim. Reprod, 23:213-220.
- Yun, J. S., Kang, W. J., Seo, D. S., Park, S. S., Hong, K. C. Lee, C. Y. and Ko, Y. 2001. Association of endocrine factors (insulin-like growth factor-ll and binding protein-S) with litter size in pigs. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 14:307-315.